BTAC spotted in DC area?

Sijan
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On a related note, I also recently went by Montgomery County Liquor and Wine in Bethesda. They had Stagg, Eagle Rare, and Sazerac for list price. (mid $40) I bought a few bottles, but they had more.

18 yr. old Sazerac?

I also recently went by Montgomery County Liquor and Wine in Bethesda.

Where, exactly, is this place? I went down there on Saturday and for the life of me couldn't find it.

Good question! It is hidden. Here is the address and phone: You should be able to Google the address.

4800 Auburn Ave # A, Bethesda, MD

(240) 773-2006‎

• 4 weeks later...
Good question! It is hidden. Here is the address and phone: You should be able to Google the address.

4800 Auburn Ave # A, Bethesda, MD

(240) 773-2006‎

Finally made it down there. They had no BTAC except for 2 bottles of Stagg. Somebody must've beaten me to the Sazerac. But, thanks anyway for the tip. My Stagg stash is now two bottles beefier. I think we can cross this one off the list until the 2008 bottling.

• 2 weeks later...

I was at Washington Wine & Liquor in downtown DC on Wednedsay and they still had four different bottles of the BTAC, including Stagg, WLW and ER17. The Stagg was this year's - they may only have a bottle or two remaining. I think the Handy (or was it Sazerac?) was as well. I think the ER17 was from 2006. The WLW may have been the 2005 bottling.

... The WLW may have been the 2005 bottling.

IMHO, much better than the 2007.

I made it to Ace Beverages yesterday 3/15/08, and boy what a selection compared to what i'm used to here on the eastern shore. And the prices weren't to bad at all from my experiences elsewhere. Here's the score:

George Stagg 2007 - I think i bought the rest of it

WL Weller 2007 - Still a bottle on the shelf

Hirsch Canadian Rye 8 Year

Hirsch Canadian Rye 10 Year

Van Winkle 10yr 107 - don't see this one much...mmmmmmm

WL Weller Antique 107 - really for memorable occasions?

Rittenhouse Rye 100 - THE BEST DEAL AROUND!!!

Rittenhouse Rye 80

Overholt Rye

So far I've opened the Hirsch 8, and it's very tasty. Not as full bodied as I like, but it's Canadian Whisky, so I didn't expect it to be. Very smooth, mellow, and great to throw in a snifter for a couple friends who don't normally enjoy a good whisky. In other words, it won't overpower them. I think I'll have this and the 10yr around for a while just to provide examples of a good canadian whisky as opposed to canadian club, crown royal, and others that I find lacking. I'm always trying to get others in on the "whisky hunt", even if it does deplete those same shelves i'm buying from.

SMOWK

A coworker friend and I ordered several bottles of the Willett bourbon and rye from ACE Beverage - these are the ones that Jake Parrott had bottled. We didn't actually go to the store - had it delivered to our office instead. Did you seen any of the Willett bottlings when you were there? This is some great whiskey!

A coworker friend and I ordered several bottles of the Willett bourbon and rye from ACE Beverage - these are the ones that Jake Parrott had bottled. We didn't actually go to the store - had it delivered to our office instead.

Ach! You give me too much credit :). After all, I didn't fund it :).

But watch this space...maybe more coming....

Did you seen any of the Willett bottlings when you were there? This is some great whiskey!

I didn't see the 6yr, and didn't even look to see if the 15 was there, I may have bought it and went over the limit...LOL

smowk

I think the 6 yr may have already been sold out. Just noticed that on the ACE Beverage website.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.