What Bourbon are you ringing in the New Years with???

HipFlask
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'm starting with some Saz 18 yr rye which I just realized isn't even a Bourbon. To correct this over sight on my part I will crack open a fresh bottle of WT RB followed by Four Roses 1B. To avoid a hang over tomorrow I will switch over to Bass Ale for the rest of the evening. I think a cigar CAO Black label will also be a part in my evenings festivities as well. Happy New Year everyone here a SB.com

Thanks for all that you have taught me this year and sharing the passion that is American Straight Whiskey.:grin:

PS. My one resolution for the year is to continue search out and try as many new Bourbon's and Ryes as I can.:cool:

I am not nearly as frisky as you. I just had a glass of Coppola Diamond Collection Zinfandel (real red Zinfandel) with my simple supper. Later on, I intend to have a Manhattan made with Wild Turkey 101. That will probably be it for the evening.

Tim

Alone this year for NYE, decided I didn't want to go out.

It's gonna be a beery good evening though.

Starting off with Oaked Arrogant Bastard

Chimay White with dinner

North Coast Old Stock Ale 2001 and 2007 for desert.

There may be some bourbon later.

I am starting the evening off with a Red Wine Blend called

Chester-Kidder. Then we are headed over to some friends and I am bringing one of my RR 101 bottles to share. Should be a nice start to 2008!

:toast:

Going over to the house of the guy who owns the most succesful bar/restaurant in town. Taking a bottle of 131 Stagg, I'm pretty sure he has never seen one before. I figure it might just liven up the party a little.

I am not nearly as frisky as you. I just had a glass of Coppola Diamond Collection Zinfandel (real red Zinfandel) with my simple supper. Later on, I intend to have a Manhattan made with Wild Turkey 101. That will probably be it for the evening.

Tim

Its 9:15 Pm and I just had my Manhattan cocktail. 2 oz WT101, about 1/2 oz M&R Red vermouth, and a healthy three dashes of Angostura bitters, stirred with ice cubes and strained. :yum:

I probably won't be up to see the New Year in. Geezer, here. :lol:

Tim

Slowly sipping small pours of several tonite. Old Forrester 2006 Birthday Bourbon (good flavor), VWFR 12 yo Lot B (incredible), VWFRR 13 yo (my first taste of rye), and finishing off with a WT Rare Breed. All of these were small pours over several hours. Going to have a cup of good Joe and then off to bed. Thanks to all of you for what you have taught me in a short time and a blessed and Happy New Year to you all.:bowdown:

My wife and I spent the day at the Smithsonian, then came home and made mussels in white wine/herbes de provence.

I don't have a bunker full of premiums. The closest thing I've got is OGD 114, which I bought for a camping trip. I decided I generally prefer the BIB, but the 114 is a nice change of pace and the extra proof seems suitable for the last few hours of 2007.

This glass is the dregs of the bottle. If I have another, it may be the WT 101.

HipFlask, at Christmas I enjoyed a Fuente Double Chateau (Maduro)—probably my #2 cigar after the Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur #1—, but the smell stuck in the apartment for several days. As a result, I'm not pushing my luck with the wife on the smoking thing. Enjoy your CAO!

Hanging out here in Waikoloa, HI at the Hilton Village. Still about 2 hrs til our 8:30 reservation. I guess most of the SBer's will be in bed when it's New Years here. I'm hoping they have at least something like Knob Creek or Makers for a cocktail. Don't want no blue tropical drink.

In the gift shop they're selling a 375 ml Jack Daniels for $20!!!

Happy New Year, everyone!! Aloha!

You don't look much like one, either.

Veuve Clicquot NV for me. It continues to amaze me how many young women have never had real champagne. Must be over a dozen I've introduced to it, so it doesn't take anything really fancy.

No bourbon for me tonight....took my wife out dancing and the only choices were Makers and Beam White.....so I went with the scotch (Glenlivet) and a lousy sparkling (didn't see the bottle, but I know it was not Champagne) for the NYE toast.

Tom

I mixed 1 part PVW 23 (SB barrel #2) with 4 parts Perrier-Jouet Fleur de Champagne. Can't taste the bourbon at all, I'd add a touch more but that bottle is getting pretty low and I think the tiny bit I'd add would be better enjoyed on it's own... Happy New Years everyone!

Had a small pour of PVW 20 and another small pour of Kentucky Spirit. Here's hoping 2008 lives up to this intro.

Taking it easy for NYE, VW Lot B followed by ERSB and finale with WTRB.

I ended 07/started 08 with Weller 7/107, RR101, Rare Breed, WT Kentucky Spirit and WT American Spirit.

Happy New Year!

Scott

No bourbon for me last night either. Had a nice 2004 Chiante with dinner after taking the kids out sledding. Then some Martini and Rossi Asti at around 10 o'clock. Kind of a tradition in my family to have the Asti. I must be a geezer also because I never say anything else after 10:30. Sound asleep on the couch.

Chris

I did drink the last pour of a bottle of WT tribute 110 before dinner and the last out of an ORVW 15 with the leftovers of the Christmas candy/cakes that we had later in the evening.

No alcohol after midnight because I have still to keep my alcohol intake a bit low after major shoulder surgery (artificial joint) a month ago.

Leif

We went to a small party with a group of friends. There was a lot of different stuff there but apparently I'm still the only Bourbon lover in our group.

I started off sampling some of the home made Raisin Jack which was pretty darn good.

I then sipped some EC 12 for a while. Followed by some Wild Turkey 80 which tasted very weak by that point in the evening. So back to the EC 12 which was very nice. I did mix some of the WT into some coke a time or two.

Nice evening and apparently I didnt over do it, feeling good this morning!

Hondo

Started with some red wine, moved to some port and am finishing up with some Buffalo Trace. Then to bed like Tim.

Well, I went to bed a little after 10. Then, at 11, the next door neighbors started shooting fireworks. Big fireworks. So, we sat on the front porch and watched and were up til 12, anyway.

Tim

Had a few beers at a neighbor's house and then rang in the new year at home with the Antique barrel proof's. Small portions of Handy, Weller, and then Stagg.

Thanks to another SBer last night was the match up! ORVW 10 vs. Weller Antique, and yes the ORVW won hands down but the Weller is a winner in it's own right. They are both close but the ORVW has a snap right off the glass that makes it stand out quite distinctly.

Michelle and I did a toast with the Sparkling grape juice! went to bed around 12:30

Happy New Year everybody!!

Tony

Last night, some Eagle Rare 10yo, 101 proof, New Orleans bottle, and William Larue Weller 2007 BTAC.

At midnight, Taittinger Brut champagne.

This morning, expresso. I got a Bialetti expresso maker for Christmas and am amazed at how simple it is to use and produces a great tasting cup.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.