What Bourbon are you ringing in the New Years with???

HipFlask
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Had some Blanton's at an Novelty English Pub my wife and I went to last night to eat. It was great. I can't say enough for anything that comes out of Buffalo Trace.

Happy New Year to you all. Hope God will Bless you all.

Started with a vodka on the rocks and moved on to red wine (boujelais) with dinner. I finished with a pour of Rock Hill Farms and

BT.

Early on New Years Eve, I had a taste of WTKS. The bottle sat too long on a store shelf and the bottling information has faded, however, it is a pewter topped original design bottle and very good.

This afternoon I had a tasting of PVW15 with a small splash of water also very good while relaxing after the Michigan football victory.

Took a bottle of ETL Barrel C to a coworker's and played pool and drank bourbon til wee in the morning. Funny how my pool game improved the more I drank. Or maybe it just seemed like it did????

Bourbon of the night for me was Pappy 15.

Then moved on to VW Family Reserve Rye and Old Potrero as a nightcap.

Found myself prepared topartake, and then did not. Was out for dinner and had A Stone IPA, Sierra Nevada, and then a Firestone DB. Place had over 100 taps and a non distinct collection of whiskey.

I will be abstaining from here. Don't know how long, but I do feel as though I've earned it.

Guests chose Great Lakes Brewing Oktoberfest or a nice Can-sav capped off with a dram of American Spirit for each of the gentlemen. A wonderful evening.

Happy New Year to all,

Ken

Although initially thinking that I really ought to pour something more "special," I decided to drain the last couple ounces of EC12 from the bottle, and then followed it up with a little Sazerac Jr. Can't say I was disappointed with either!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.