WTKS - Versions

wadewood
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Christian had posted a explanation of labeling changes in this thread - http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9094

Does anybody have a list of all the WTKS bottles? We have a list for WTRB.

Here are the versions I have:

Date - Barrel - Warehouse - Rick

9/20/94 - 04 - C - 19

10/28/97 - 7 - B - 26

2/10/98 - 03 - E - 20

11/26/03 - 4 - A - 53

I suspect that this task will involve dozens of IDs, with no way to determine when the list is even approximately complete.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

I suspect that this task will involve dozens of IDs, with no way to determine when the list is even approximately complete.

I'll compile the results. We might not track them all, but we should get a good idea of how many times a year they are dumping barrels for this.

[snip]... and has a dark wood top!

Thomas

So does mine.

I hate to admit this, but I swear KS tasted better while I was hefting one of those pewter tops in my hand while I sipped.

If I'd known they were going to discontinue that top, I would have kept a few, just to make the later bottlings taste as good as the old. :grin:

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Very hard to read: 11/03/03 - 8 - A - 56 Dark Brown Top

Joe :usflag:

I've got,

pewter top

4-13-00, 15 F 49

3-21-01, 9 E 12

dark wood top

8-22-03, 10 C 40

3-09-04, 10 C 15

3-11-04, 4 C 62

Good thread to start Wade, I had been thinking about this as well since we ran off topic pretty well after I posted that.

The problem with most of the Pewter tops I've found is that the writing has faded off. I'll get the info off my the one I just finished with was kept in the box so the writing didn't fade. The full one I have bunkered is faded completely so that's no help. Honestly for a while I wasn't buying them if I couldn't read them, hence only having one empty, but now that I know i am moving out Cali I'll be grabbing every pewter top I see - which from recollection probably isn't many anyway...

I'll paste in the info on versions and add the 5th one which I had forgot about which is the latest incarnation with the light colored "wood" top.

Dark Wood Top:

08-16-06 - 88 - F - 20

Pewter Top (Empty that was so damn good!)

08-27-96 - 9 - G - 14

Here is what I have to add,

I would like to agree with Christian, if you find a 1996 buy them all!

Pewters

Empty= 8/12/96 14-G-14 This was the bottle Oscar and I Killed in 2 visits, it was just damn good.

Current open- 2/6/95 2-G-39 I have a couple of these and wish they were as good as the 96 we killed!!

Bunkered - 2/7/97 3-F-13

12/27/00 8-G-8

02/14/01 7-G-50

One Dark wood top Signed by Jimmy Russell

03/30/04 4-C-13

Here are the ones that I have:

pewter-top

2/15/96, 02 D 32

9/9/96, 18 G 14

9/9/96, 18 G 14 (opened)

9/20/94 - 04 - C - 19

Wade, that must be one of the very first? I mistakingly thought they started it in 1995, but apparently it was at least '94!

Wade, that must be one of the very first? I mistakingly thought they started it in 1995, but apparently it was at least '94!

don't know (and don't remember where this one came from)....we will see what else is out there.

I have found a few WTKS bottles with dates in 1994. I have not found any earlier than that. Good stuff! :yum:

Don't know if 1994 was the earliest though....

Hi, sorry if this is a bit off topic too, but Is WTKS commonly available? A mate is going over to American, specifically New York, shortly and I was hoping to pick some up, as I'm pretty sure there ain't much/any here in Aus. Any other limited (i.e. not in Aus) WT i should pick up? (PM me if it's too off topic)

Cheers,

Dave

I also have 2 bottles from 9/20/94 - 04 - C - 19.

Both bottles and boxes are signed by Jimmy.

I also have:

2/4/03 - 7 -A -47. Dark wood smooth top. Signed by Jimmy. I have commented on this bottle before, I purchased it from someone on ebay, and I believe this bottle was consumed and filled with some really bad bourbon.

3/12/04 - 6 - C - 62. Also dark wood smooth top.

currently open is 4/11/05 - 16 - E - 25. Dark wood top with woodcut turkey logo on top. This is some great bourbon.

Hi, sorry if this is a bit off topic too, but Is WTKS commonly available? A mate is going over to American, specifically New York, shortly and I was hoping to pick some up, as I'm pretty sure there ain't much/any here in Aus. Any other limited (i.e. not in Aus) WT i should pick up? (PM me if it's too off topic)

Cheers,

Dave

Dave, WTKS should be available in NY , and someone here I'm sure would be able to give you a list of places to get it from. LeNell's is a good place to start. Awesome bourbon selection (www.lenells.com) If your friend fails you in the end, WT American Spirit can be had Duty Free in Australia for approx $60 and that's a steal. I can always get you some Kentucky Spirit if you so wish. It has never been available here, though I know they have been talking about it once we run out of RR101.

Scott

Awesome bourbon selection (www.lenells.com)

Just got PM'd about that. Cheers.

WT American Spirit can be had Duty Free in Australia for approx $60 and that's a steal.

Really? As of when?

I checked out Duty Free the other day and it didn't mention WTAS. Although I wish it did, I can only find it for $150 in The Gong.

I can always get you some Kentucky Spirit if you so wish. It has never been available here, though I know they have been talking about it once we run out of RR101.

Scott

1. Do you mean run out of RR101 in Aus? I've never had RR101.

2. I can't believe the generosity of the people here. I'll let you know if I feel I deserve the offerings your putting forward, because at the moment it is a long lost dream.

Thanks again.

I have found a few WTKS bottles with dates in 1994. I have not found any earlier than that. Good stuff! :yum:

Don't know if 1994 was the earliest though....

Yes, they were. The original bottling wasn't officially released until January 1995, so the September 1994-dated bottles were the first ones filled.

Really? As of when?

I checked out Duty Free the other day and it didn't mention WTAS. Although I wish it did, I can only find it for $150 in The Gong.

Dave,

Cam (camduncan) mentioned they had some Duty Free when he returned home from Kentucky in April. From memory he said it was $60 (Is that right Cam?)

Do you mean run out of RR101 in Aus? I've never had RR101.

Yes.....when they discontinued RR101 a couple of years ago, they sent all remaining stocks to Australia. Lucky us! Although, it is $75 here, which I suggest is why it has not sold as good as Pernod Ricard hoped. It can be had for that price at Vintage Cellars or 1st Choice.

I can't believe the generosity of the people here. I'll let you know if I feel I deserve the offerings your putting forward, because at the moment it is a long lost dream.

You better believe it...there's some great people on here....many of which have gone out of their way for me one or more times in the past to get me some juice I can't get here.:grin:

If your friend comes up empty handed, I will be heading down to Sydney in about a month and if you can't find it I could help you out. I know where there is still some to be had up this way for $125.

On the Kentucky Spirit front....I will have an order coming from the states in the next month, I'm pretty sure there's a space in the box for a KS! :grin:

If there's anything else you like the sounds of in your reading here, I can probably get it over here for you. Just let me know.

Thanks again.

Any time!

Scott

Here is the one I have...

5/08/00 - 02 - F - 46

Hey, E, I just picked up a couple bottled in 00. Any good?

What are your thoughts?

If anyone else has had, or would like to give me their thoughts, feel free !!!:grin:

FYI - They were bottled on 11-13-00 from barrel 3, warehouse f. Rick # is blank

OK - Here is what we have so far. Keep adding. Also, please keep this thread to topic: Versions of WTKS. You can start new thread for discussions of individual bottlings.

Thanks - Wade

Date B W R Top

09/20/94 4 C 19 Pewter

02/06/95 2 G 39 Pewter

02/15/96 2 D 32 Pewter

08/12/96 14 G 14 Pewter

08/27/96 9 G 14 Pewter

09/09/96 18 G 14 Pewter

10/28/97 7 B 26 Pewter

02/10/98 3 E 20 Pewter

04/13/00 15 F 49 Pewter

05/08/00 2 F 46 Pewter

12/27/00 8 G 8 Pewter

02/14/01 7 G 50 Pewter

03/21/01 9 E 12 Pewter

02/04/03 7 A 47 Wood

08/22/03 10 C 40 Wood

09/29/03 4 C 1 Wood

11/03/03 8 A 56

11/26/03 4 A 53

03/09/04 10 C 15 Wood

03/11/04 4 C 62 Wood

03/12/04 6 C 62 Wood

03/30/04 4 C 13 Wood

04/11/05 16 E 25 Wood

06/20/06 82 D 40 Wood

08/16/06 88 F 20 Wood

I believe you are missing the ones I just put in.

11-13-00 barrel 3 - F

And if it will make you happy, I will not stray from the "spirit" of your thread.:grin:

Emerald, just send me a PM !!!!:rolleyes:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.