BLANTON'S Private Stock

Attila
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Has anyone heard of BLANTON'S Private Stock 1999 46,5% - 700ml. Its goes for about 50 - 60 bucks here in Japan. Should I get it?

Also Blanton's Silver and Blanton's Single (the standard one), go for about the same price (23 bucks). Should I expect something that noticeably different?

I have not heard of the Private Stock bottling. I have been told that all versions of Blanton's are the same except for the proof. Meaning they all come from same stock and it is just a matter of how much water that is added to bottling to arrive at the the different versions.

Attila,

Is the private stock the black label bottle? If so it's the only one I don't have, I can't tell you what it's like.

I have heard good reports on the Silver, and the Blanton's Gold is one of my favorites!

23 bucks is a steal!

Scott

These are the cheapest prices I have found on the web for the various available Blanton's Products:

1998 Selection - 8,700 yen

1999 Collector's Edition - 8,700 yen

1999 Private Stock - 6,800 yen

From the Barrel - 4,095 yen

Gold - 3,989 yen

Black - 2,814 yen

Siver - 2,520 yen

Green - 2,480 yen

Original - 1,995 yen

These are the cheapest prices I have found on the web for the various available Blanton's Products:

Gold - 3,989 yen

Black - 2,814 yen

Siver - 2,520 yen

Green - 2,480 yen

Original - 1,995 yen

I have 6 of these, any word on how the "dated" versions are?

There is also a version over there that is running for $150-180... I will try to find more info...

I have 6 of these, any word on how the "dated" versions are?

There is also a version over there that is running for $150-180... I will try to find more info...

White box with Gold Edition written on it. I'll take another look when I go by that store again.

I have seen stuff on the web for that much and it is always described Blantons Gold. I dont know the difference between that and the regular gold that goes for $40. They both appear to be gold lettering on a red label. . . . .

I have seen stuff on the web for that much and it is always described Blantons Gold. I dont know the difference between that and the regular gold that goes for $40. They both appear to be gold lettering on a red label. . . . .

Hey Attila,

The box says, "Gold Edition" or something like that.

Yeah, typically the Blantons family runs from about 2500 Yn to 6000 Yn in the Aichi area.

You're in Chiba right? Not sure if it's cheaper, or more expensive there.

The aforementioned is rather special in some way, or atleast the price is.

The standrard Blanton's Gold is about 4300 YN in Nagoya.

A.D.

Gold - 3,989 yen

Black - 2,814 yen

Siver - 2,520 yen

Green - 2,480 yen

Original - 1,995 yen

Damn. that's cheaper than what I can get it for!

Can anyone read French?

Something about 1984 and the history of AMerican bourbon. In fact/in effect,

this is the Collector's bourbon-premier single barrel, blah blah blah. :bs:

This bourbon pays homage to the venerable prestige of bourbon.??? :bs:

Nope. I'm guessing.

Don't know, can't speak a word. Wild stabs in the dark.

Can someone help a honkey out? :thankyousign:

1984 est une date charnière dans l’histoire de l’American whiskey. En effet, cette année-là, le premier single barrel bourbon voyait le jour : Blanton’s. Cette version collector dont l’étiquette a été entièrement écrite à la main, rend hommage à ce vénérable et prestigieux bourbon.

Something like this:

1984 is a date hinged in the history of American whiskey. Indeed, this year, the first individual barrel bourbon was born: Blanton' S. This collector's version whose label was entirely written with the hand, pays homage to this worthy and prestigious bourbon.

Joe :usflag:

Damn. that's cheaper than what I can get it for!

Those prices are all off of Rakuten.

Yup, I live in Chiba (right near Disneyland). I work in Roppongi Hills tho.

What I want to know is what makes this one so special: http://www.whisky.fr/produit-14507-blantons-the-collectors-edition-1999-51,5.html it is a very cool looking label! If anyone in Europe wants to ship it to me I'll send them the money. I might have to have one of my French speaking coworkers help out to see if that place ships to the US.

What I want to know is what makes this one so special: http://www.whisky.fr/produit-14507-blantons-the-collectors-edition-1999-51,5.html it is a very cool looking label! If anyone in Europe wants to ship it to me I'll send them the money. I might have to have one of my French speaking coworkers help out to see if that place ships to the US.

That looks like the bottle I referred to in a post above as "1999 Collector's Edition - 8,700 yen". I might be able to procure a bottle . . . .

FYI -

Google has a language translator available here.

You simply copy and paste the text into the box, choose the language you are translating to and from and it'll do the rest. Of course, it's not always perfect, but it is pretty accurate.

• 4 weeks later...
White box with Gold Edition written on it. I'll take another look when I go by that store again.

Sorry "Gold Edition" was all I could see.

The price is high and that's about the extent of my knowledge.

I know this is not helpful and apologize for my ignence.

• 3 weeks later...
Something like this:

1984 is a date hinged in the history of American whiskey. Indeed, this year, the first individual barrel bourbon was born: Blanton' S. This collector's version whose label was entirely written with the hand, pays homage to this worthy and prestigious bourbon.

Joe :usflag:

THanks chief! I do appreciate it!

• 1 month later...
I have heard good reports on the Silver, and the Blanton's Gold is one of my favorites!

I just kicked back a double of the Blantons Gold. Though it was very enjoyable, I gotta say it wasnt as so awe inspiring as to call it one of my favorites, by a long shot. I guess thats what you get with single barrel?

• 1 month later...

I will now refer to the Blanton's Expensive as Super Blanton's.

Spun will have to give us the downlow though.

Spun will have to give us the downlow though.

Well BGJ, it took me long enough, but here are my head-to-head Blanton’s Gold vs. Blanton’s Super Gold:

Nose:

The Super Gold is richer… very similar noses (as expected), but the Gold is a little less deep than the Super Gold. There is also corn in the Gold where I cannot detect the corn in the super gold. The Super Gold must be aged longer. The bottles do not say squat… but the nose screams much more age (like a 6 vs 12 or 8 vs 16 yr, maybe even a 6 yr vs a 15-18 yr).

Taste:

The Gold is a Blanton’s alright, with a little more there. A little spice and seasonings… there is a little from the candy shop that is missing in the standard Single Barrel.

The super gold is very smooth…. OK, I can defiantly tell this is older. I put this bourbon near 15yrs no questions…

Finish:

The Gold is much deeper than the normal Blanton’s. This is good bourbon… I can see this going for $50 compared to the standard Single Barrel ($50 is twice what is should sell for).

A little more must in the Super gold, but again much deeper and smoother. What is odd is the strength of the must in this. There is a lot more here than any other Blanton’s I have had, but I wish it was less musty… smoothest Blanton’s I have had and at 93 proof its respectable for strength.

Overall:

The Gold is good, the Super Gold is much better, but at the ~$120 tag, I would get the PVW 20yr and a OVA every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I am very glad I was able to taste this and compare. The real test will be the 9 Blanton’s we are tasting tomorrow. I wonder how these will fare.

Hey Em, can you post of pic of this Super Gold? Never heard anything about it before.

Well BGJ, it took me long enough, but here are my head-to-head Blanton’s Gold vs. Blanton’s Super Gold:

The bottles look identical other than the burgandy (SG) wax vs the black (G) wax. The taste is diff without a doubt....

Do you want 50 ml to try?

Spun,

Glad you could try it.

The reasoning behind these prices does pique my interest at times.

Yeah, for the same cash you could have had a PVW 20.

I should write Blanton's and find out the reason Super is so much.

• 4 weeks later...

HEY THERE'S 1 more.

It's called MY OWN BLANTON'S!

Don't know what it's about.

So that makes like 7 or something.

ARGHHHH!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.