What do you think of the new Bulleit ad?

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I inadvertently exaggerated the un-level appearance of the liquids (but they are un-level) through a slightly crooked scan.

Great answers all! I LOL at several.

I think all the responses are interesting and Joe from Rockford made an especially good point. While as I said I feel Bulleit is not the only great bourbon out there, I do think it is an excellent product and the marketers clearly are looking for a catch phrase to move product, to catch the buyer's eye as Joe said. There is nothing wrong with that. In advertising and marketing many claims are made that are kind of general formulae, it is a kind of boosting we see all the time in the marketing field ("John X., the greatest actor of our generation") and in any case such claims express the producer's opinion (if he thinks it is the last of the great bourbons he is entitled to his view, but I don't have to agree!).

Gary

I'll also add that I am a fan of Bulleit.

Not that it has anything to do with this advertisement.

I know it is made by Four Roses and I like it better than Four Roses Small Batch.

It reminds me of the old Schlitz catch phrase "When you're out of Schlitz, you're out of beer". Meaning......when you've had all the other great beers and you're down to Schlitz, well....you're at the bottom of the barrel.

Soooo....when you're drinking Bulleit, you're drinking the tail end of great american bourbons.

Randy

It reminds me of the old Schlitz catch phrase "When you're out of Schlitz, you're out of beer". Meaning......when you've had all the other great beers and you're down to Schlitz, well....you're at the bottom of the barrel.

Soooo....when you're drinking Bulleit, you're drinking the tail end of great american bourbons.

Randy

That makes all the sense to me. I so Remember that ad for Schlitz. It has a very catchy melody to it IIRC.

Confusing... mildly disturbing... annoying... more B.S. from the marketing department. I was thinking about this earlier today, about the creative labels found on whiskey bottles. "Distilled and Bottled at the Old [insert heart-warming nostalgic sounding name here] Distillery." Oh well, I still love capitalism. Now, time to read the explanation.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.