What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Autumn 2008

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

a gamble....i don't know...

the choice was Benchmark....or Jack Daniels Gold Medal 1981...i dipped down to Tennesse...

On the way down to Indianapolis picked up a bottle of Charter 101 at Gay's in downtown Fremont, IN, N of Ft. Wayne on I-69. A little off the beaten path, but a good store with a decent selection. Nice little downtown too.

Went out searching for the 2008 BTAC tonight. Didn't find any, but did run across 2 bottles of Pappy 15 and 1 bottle of Pappy 20, for what I consider to be good prices in Florida. ($51.99 and $92.99, respectively)

Last night I picked up a bottle of ETL. I noticed that the store by me had a custom bottle so I had to pick one up, the sticker said bottled for Bayway World of Liquor (Warehouse 1, Floor 3, Rick 25, Barrel 43, 9 years old) which was not the store I bought this from so I guess the distributer screwed up or something, the people at the store I was at didn't even know where Bayway World of Liquor is. Maybe I'll go grab another one for the hell of it, haven't tried this particular bottling yet but ETL is something thats never let me down in the past.

edit: Distributer screw ups like this are good advertising, now I really want to go and check out Bayway World of Liquors! (It's a bit of a drive though...)

Visited Kahn's in Indpls yesterday & Vine & Table in Carmel ("CAR-muhl"), IN today and picked up the following Whiskeys:

Michter's Bourbon (tried the "American Whiskey" too but didn't care for it)

Rowan's Creek

VOB 86 (for only $8.99 shelf price!)

The first two are one's I haven't tried yet but seemed interesting from what I've read here (although I did sample the Michter's at Kahn's before I bought it). The Barton was just too good of a deal to pass up, even if it was the 86 proof.

Picked up some stuff for the bunker from Binny's today. Two bottles of Weller SR, and two bottles of Binny's Weller 12. Joe

At Julio's in Westboro, MA I picked up a bunch of bottles I've never tried before that aren't available in ME....ORVW10 107, ETLee, 4R SmB & a VW15 Lot B.

Also grabbed BT at the NH liquor store on the way through. Saw Neil Young last night....Stupendous!!!!100_1583.jpg

That's a good selection you brought home there Andy. Nice. Joe

I learned it from watching all of you.

thanks again, people.

Yestereday at Binny's I got 2 bottles of the lastest release of Van Winkle Lot B.

At $18.00 per bottle cheaper than what it is here in MI.

well, at least i only had to trek 13 miles away to get to the nearest BTACs around here....Stagg just showed up in my town, but with the eCoNoMy (!), i figured i wait and hope others, too, would leave them on the shelf for at least a week...

anyways, my trek to West Chester found my first Saz 90 (baby?) at $24.99 i will more than likely return tomorrow to get the Handy Saz (at 123 or so proof?) which costs $53.99.....i know it's worth it.

Took delivery of Handy and Stagg 08 as well as ORVW 10/107 and a VOB BiB. Unfortunately, only two of the bottles are for me. :frown:

Well... I couldnt stand it any longer, I had to make a Liquor Barn run today.

I picked up a WL Weller Special Reserve, a Heaven Hill BIB, Some George Dickel No 12 and a Gentleman Jack gift set.

There was so much more that I could have bought... but I was broke! :smiley_acbt:

I noticed that the OGD BIB went up about four bucks since last month. Seemed like a pretty large increase.

I need to decide what I am going to taste tonight and get after it!

Thanks spun_cookie and fishnbowljoe for your comments on my recent purchases in the Summer WBDYPT thread. I would have thanked you there but the thread was closed prematurely. I posted it in there as it is summer now for us antipodeans here in Australia and thought it relevant to post there instead. Is there a protocol for threads more than 6months old or did i happen accross one that hadn't been closed yet? :skep:

Thanks spun_cookie and fishnbowljoe for your comments on my recent purchases in the Summer WBDYPT thread. I would have thanked you there but the thread was closed prematurely. I posted it in there as it is summer now for us antipodeans here in Australia and thought it relevant to post there instead. Is there a protocol for threads more than 6months old or did i happen accross one that hadn't been closed yet? :skep:

I'm not sure about that either...but I've always considered this forum to operate on Kentucky time/seasons...though the only real indication of this is the Notice for the "Official Chat Sessions" is in EST (Eastern Standard Time), which includes every currently operating Bourbon Distillery in Kentucky.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!