How many bottles do you own of the Antique Collection?

BunkerBooze
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hello All:

I am a very, very big fan of the Antique Collection by Buffalo Trace? Probably my favorite is the George T Stagg while the Saz18 and the THH rye are hard to beat.

How many open "A.C." bottles do you have and/or hoarding in your "private" collection? I usually try to buy whatever I can get since it is such an allocated item.

Also, in your opinion, what year (proof) is the best George T Stagg? I have only tried the 140.6 proof. Love this stuff!!!

two open, 33 bunkered

Wholly Cow Greg I got 1 open none bunkered :hot: I was lucky to get that if it wasn't from a tip from Tony I wouldn't have.

I have a Total of 9.

Open I have an 06 Stagg, 06 WLW and an 06 Handy

Sealed I have a full set of the 06 collection and an 07 Handy

I have a full set of 08's on the way over here, but they're not for me :rolleyes:

Scott

I don't usually go for the ryes...

I have one of each open and (I'm guessing) about 22 in the bunker.

The 2002 Stagg is the best.

Adding together all bottles from the Antique collections, I have 46 bottles.

I have an open 2004 Stagg, an open 2005 Saz 18, an open 2005 WLW, a bunkered 2006 WLW, an open 2005 ER17 and an open first year Handy rye!

Thomas

I turned a friend of mine on the Bourbon via the '07 Stagg. He now has 95 bottles bunkered which breaks out to 7 complete sets of '07 and 12 complete sets of '08. At first I told him he was being ridiculous bunkering that many bottles but then changed my find figuring I had access to a BTAC stash anytime I want........:grin:

Wholly Cow Greg I got 1 open none bunkered :hot: I was lucky to get that if it wasn't from a tip from Tony I wouldn't have.

Well Paul, now you know when you come to DC, you'll be enjoying some BTAC!

I have one GTS'07 opened, one WLW'08 opened, and one WLW'08 not opened. If it wasn't so expensive, I'd stock up on more of it.

For those of you who have trouble finding it. I have 2-2007 WLW, 2-2007 Stagg, and 1-2007 Saz 18 that I picked up for someone here who decided they didn't want it. If you want it....send me a pm. I don't want it.

In answer to the thread, I have one bottle of each release since the beginning. I have duplicates of only a few :grin: I have four duplicates of my favorite WLW release (129.9).

We have at least a single....but in some cases a double of each open for tasting and comparison.

Dawn

I think 8 or 9 -- no ryes -- of which 3 are open (WLW '05, GTS '04, GTS Spring '05 outside KY)

Without taking a precise head count, I have about 20 unopened bottles from various years, mostly GTS and Handy. I've got 6 open bottles.

Looks like I have 7 open on the bar one of each and a couple Stagg and Weller.

In the bunker I'd guess around mid 50's from early 2005 to current.

Tony

I have quit buying them for the most part since I can't get a good price on them anymore. When I was getting them for ~$45 I pretty much would buy all I could but now that I am looking at $65 plus shipping I said heck with it, 1 GTS from '08 is all I've added to the collection.

As for the bunker just going off of memory I have just about everything through 2007, where I said hell with it, with a few exceptions; missing: '01 ER17, '02 Weller 19, '03 Stagg, '04 ER 17, '04 Saz 18, '05 W. Larue W., 2007 Saz18 -- If anybody has an extra of any of those I'd be intersted. :grin:

Llike Dawn, I believe I have 4 of the 2006 WLarueW (129.9) because it is one of my favorites, I have multiples of the first Handy, and probably a couple other multiples so if I guessed at a total I'd say 36 - 40 bottles maybe.

.... And by the way I moved this thread to the Premium/Specialty forum which is more appropriate ...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.