How many bottles do you own of the Antique Collection?

BunkerBooze
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

'07 - WLW, GTS and Saz 18 open.

'08 2 Saz18 , a Handy, a GTS and a WLW in the bunker.

Oh and to answer the other question, I haven't tasted them all, but from what I have I prefer the 2005 Stagg at 131.8 proof, yes even over the 2002. Given I haven't drank a fulll bottle of '02 and maybe if I had maybe that'd change my mind... Maybe.

I have 4 of the 2006 WLarueW (129.9) because it is one of my favorites

Christian,

You ain't lying. I think the '06 WLW is probably one of my favorite bourbons. I've had the 2000 WLW19 and '05-'08 WLW and the '06 is top notch. Over the last 4 WLW releases, the '06 was the oldest (and highest proof) and in my opinion, the best. Last years release comes close to being as good but not quite.

Christian,

You ain't lying. I think the '06 WLW is probably one of my favorite bourbons. I've had the 2000 WLW19 and '05-'08 WLW and the '06 is top notch. Over the last 4 WLW releases, the '06 was the oldest (and highest proof) and in my opinion, the best. Last years release comes close to being as good but not quite.

I'm with you guys... the 2006 WLW is the best. The newer releases are good but hardly old enough to qualify as "Antique". Also they don't (IMO) compete on as a pure value proposition with Weller 12.

Having said that, I buy and bunker them anyway. I admit I'm powerless to resist. (only eleven more steps to go... :lol: )

Looks like I have 7 open on the bar one of each and a couple Stagg and Weller.

In the bunker I'd guess around mid 50's from early 2005 to current.

Tony

Hey, who's the newbie from Harrison Township?:grin:

Welcome Tony! If you have any questions, please post them in the newbie forum.:stickpoke:

My inventory sheet shows 86, but I think I forgot to remove the one bottle that was used as tribute to the barturtle for FFB.

Guess that leaves me with 85 in the bunker (heavy on WLW).

Tom

Open:

07 WLL

07 ER

08 ER

07 GTS

08 GTS

Bunkered:

07 WLW

Might have to work on the bunkered just a bit.:rolleyes: Joe

24 Total

5 2008 Stagg 1 Open

5 2008 ER 1 - Open

4 2008 WLW 1 - Open

3 2008 Handy

2 2008 Saz

2 2007 Stagg

1 2007 WLW

1 2007 Handy

1 2007 Saz

Welcome Tony! If you have any questions, please post them in the newbie forum.:stickpoke:

One Question?? Who are you??

Tony

I have a whopping One bottle of ER17 from 2005. Have not opened it yet. I have absolutly none of the others.

I just can't get myself to buy bottles over $40 when there are still dusties of ER 101 and OWA 107 still to be found.

And Tony...quite being a newbie...you've been here way too long to still be new.

With Tony & OscarV on the prowl, no wonder I can't find any in this state. :hot:

And Special Reserve isn't helping the situation either.

Josh and I are screwed

TJ

With Tony & OscarV on the prowl, no wonder I can't find any in this state. :hot:

Josh and I are screwed

TJ

TJ, I would agree with the Josh comment...As for you, well I'll help you where I can! :lol:

Tony

TJ, I would agree with the Josh comment...As for you, well I'll help you where I can! :lol:

Tony

I am shocked and apalled by such an unprovoked attack. This calls for an indignant email.

Dear Jeff,

Tony is a big meany.

yours truly,

Josh

As for the antique collection, there were few bottles languishing on the top shelf at Holiday Mkt. in Royal Oak for months until all but one Handy and three ER 17's dissapeared. I was just too cheap to get any of them just for myself and I don't really care for ER or whiskeys over 12 y/o anyway. Sour grapes? Maybe.:grin:

I did buy a bottle of the handy and split it with bonne_amie though. My problem is I'm just too damn cheap. If the choice is a $60 bottle of stagg that tastes like it should cost $60 and a $20 bottle of OF Sig that tastes like it should cost $25, I'm gonna go for the OF everytime. I can wait a few months until the next MI Bourbon Hounds get together or the Sampler to taste some Stagg or Wm Laurie Weller again. Besides who needs Stagg when we have Olde Bourbon!

Josh and I are screwed

TJ

Add another one, '07 WLW, that makes 18 for all the BTAC's.

I got this one in Rochester, NY.

Of the 18 I have only 2 were purchased here in the Mitten.

A little off topic:

I'm wondering if I'm suffering from GTS fatigue. Had a couple of pours (of 2007) this weekend, and the usual wow factor was absent. And I've got the 2008 BTAC still sitting in the bunker... unopened.

Is it me, or have others grown / become less enamored with the BTAC releases? Don't misunderstand me, these are still seriously good whiskies. But the old thrill isn't there. Particularly with the WLW, which is getting younger and younger with each release.

John, the '07 Stagg you mentioned just happens to the worst.

You have one '08 bunkered, right?

Hit the streets, get all the '08's you can get.

You can thank me later.

Oscar,

You should be getting a consultants fee for that. Well truthfully, this advise is better than the advise usually given by consultants. Money just wants to jump out of my pockets when I see 2008 GTS.

Will

John, the '07 Stagg you mentioned just happens to the worst.

You have one '08 bunkered, right?

Hit the streets, get all the '08's you can get.

You can thank me later.

Got several of the '08s in the bunker... but haven't tried any of the 2008 BTAC yet. I've run out of room for open bottles on my bar am on an extended mission to empty some.

I've run out of room for open bottles on my bar am on an extended mission to empty some.

You can do it! Joe

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.