What Bourbon Are You Drinking? Spring 2009

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I just posted a response to the "WBAYD? Winter '08/'09" and I just realized we made it to Spring!

So we can start anew.

Right now I am having a W L Weller Centennial The Premier Group private bottle, neat.

Had a little Very Special Old Fitzgerald from the DSP-16 around lunchtime and now I'm having some JTS Brown BIB over a few cubes while I throw a pizza dough for dinner.

I'm with Oscar and I'm enjoying some early Frankfort Centennial with a splash of water.

I'm watching Three Sheets on Hulu at the same time too!

I just had a neat shot of Elmer T. Lee for the first day of Spring. I had been reading on the deck and got a little chilly, so I came in and had it to warm up a little.

Tim

I'm with Oscar and I'm enjoying some early Frankfort Centennial with a splash of water.
Early? Does that mean S-W.....what is the UPC code, etc.?

Just re-upped the ER90.

So jealous that I didn't know of this juice years ago before the price went up.

When I pour it I pretend it's a BTAC. Pretty bottle.......

Blanton's, and it will not be the only drink of the evening.

Sometimes you just know...

An Old Fashioned (made close to the Robert Hess way, no water or soda top-off!) with MM a while ago, and just had a squirt of KC neat while winding down for bed, just 'cause. :)

Went through a bit more Centennial followed up by some RR90. Then a bit of Colorado's Own Corn Whiskey.

Finished it off with a bit of Virginia Gentlemen and some Rittenhouse BIB. The sample of Rittenhouse was worlds and away better than my bottling.

Up late and not in the mood for a challenge, so I'm tossing back some Templeton rye while I try to unwind.

My efforts to clear out opened bottles were slightly frustrated this weekend. Tonight, my neighbor brought over a Michters 10 yo SB to drink while watching the Land's End Stakes. The whiskey was surprisingly thin and uninspiring and my horses finished out of the money.

Earlier today, I succombed to taking home a ORVW 10 yo. Haven't seen one of these on the shelf recently.

Started out with a mystery mini from Kickert and moved onto a 1991 Benchmark that was delicious.

Started with a bit of Virginia Gentlemen, Ritt BIB, ORVW, and then some 08 WLW. I'll be taking a fifth of ETL with me to a party tonight too.

Last night it was Weller 12 and ORVW 10/107, Tonight I'm enjoying

WTRR 10/101.

-Joe

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.