What Bourbon Are You Drinking? Spring 2009

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Switched onto a little WLW SR '94 then on to the current Lot 'B' . . . a nice wheater tour tonight . . . might hit OWA 107 next.

ORVW 15 while watching the Florida Derby. Been a while since I had this. Very nice.

Now it's Maker's Mark gold wax, 101 proof,

Wow, you have some MM101, eh.

When did they put that out?

What do you think of it?

I'd love to get a bottle of that.

Back on the JTS Brown BIB with a splash of Baby Saz....I think that I'm into something good.

Back on the JTS Brown BIB with a splash of Baby Saz....I think that I'm into something good.

Lot B on a Sunday afternoon.

I bought a few more and finally decided to crack one. And so it begins.

I am enjoying a solid pour of Pappy 15, while I sit outside and listen to Carolina and Oklahoma on the radio. I know it's been said a thousand times how great Pappy 15 is, but this baby is so great right now, I just HAVE to say it for the thousandth and first. It's great. 1002. It's great. 1003. It's great. 1004...

Had some OWA earlier this evening and the bottle is dangerously low. If it was in ready supply I would guzzle away, but it's kind of a hard-to-find item in there here parts. Thus, I switched to VBT #195.

A 2004 ER17. This one fits perfectly as a final pour, on a Sunday.

Wow, you have some MM101, eh.

When did they put that out?

What do you think of it?

I'd love to get a bottle of that.

Hey Oscar. It was an export-only bottling that they stopped making about 4-5 years ago -- mine's from Japan, though I never bought one there when they were more easily found.

It's good, though I actually think I prefer the 95-proof black wax that was available in the same markets at the same time -- possibly a little older? More robust and flavorful than the standard red wax, but not nearly as rich as the ORVW15 I was drinking before it!

a pour from a nearly empty bottle of WT-03RB (108.2 proof) with a couple of pieces of ice which is "ok" but I will likely never buy it again.

Yesterday it was OGD 114 and JD silver select. Very good both. Today I hade a pour of Hancock’s before dinner.

Leif

Finished off a bottle of Weller Antique and followed it with a Lot 'B' Van Winkle. I have to say this is my favorite way to enjoy Lot 'B' . . . I don't like starting with it, but after the Weller it just seems so rich and full & butterscotch-y . . . man is it ever good.

Yeah, I received a shipment of Lot B a few weeks back. Not having had it for a few months, I didn't trust myself to open it.

Well yesterday home alone I popped it open around 4. By the time my wife got home around 1030 I had completely fallen into it and had to hit the hay at 1100.

It was just soo good I lost track of where I was at. Whooops! It happens once in awhile. :cool:

Finished off a bottle of Weller Antique and followed it with a Lot 'B' Van Winkle. I have to say this is my favorite way to enjoy Lot 'B' . . . I don't like starting with it, but after the Weller it just seems so rich and full & butterscotch-y . . . man is it ever good.

I am going to give a review of the weekend. Four roses yellow label, small batch, single barrel. Elijah Craig 18 year. Russels reserve rye. All of beams small batch.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.