What Bourbon Are You Drinking? Spring 2009

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

ERSB 10/90, Julio's Angel's Share bottling. Weller Centennial Premier Group bottling. Weller SR, Everett's bottling. Decided to try some of my store single barrel bottlings tonight. It was a Monday for sure. A really bad Monday. Hopefully some good bourbon will soothe the soul. Joe

Fresh bottle of ERSB here, too, Joe.

This bottle has none of the mustiness of the last few bottles I've had (I actually like that). The color is a little darker and the flavors are deep and rich. It reminds me a lot of the ER101 I've had, at a lesser proof. Why, oh why don't they make the 101 any more??!!

Here's to a better Monday. Hell, it's Tuesday already. Problem solved!

Cheers!

I started with a W L Weller Centennial, The Premier Group of Buffalo, NY bottling, neat, to knock the chill off.

It got colder this afternoon than this morning.

Anyway, it worked.

I decided to notch it up to another level, so I am having a William Larue Weller BTAC 2006, neat.

Something solid to start off the week, Grand Dad 114.

I will join you in a little OGD 114 -- very grainy and delicious.

Weller SR, VSOF 12, Julio's Weller Centennial 13 yr, and now Pappy 20. The Centennial was spectacular tonight and the VSOF was also particularly good.

Four Roses Single Barrel, neat, um, yes it is the infamous Curtis/Hightower bottle. (y'all tired of hearing about it yet?)

Four Roses Single Barrel, neat, um, yes it is the infamous Curtis/Hightower bottle. (y'all tired of hearing about it yet?)

Not tired at all... a tasty bottle.

It's the logging in every afternoon to check new posts and day after day seeing you as the first one enjoying a pour (while I'm still at work) that I'm tired of! ;)

It's the logging in every afternoon to check new posts and day after day seeing you as the first one enjoying a pour (while I'm still at work) that I'm tired of! ;)

I second that one, my friends!

Having my second JTS Brown BIB -- not bad, honestly. I was trying to finish this one up to make room for something better, but it's definitely growing on me.

Cracked into my Baker's last night...I'm confused. Is this product overly filtered or something? It was very smooth, entirely drinkable and very approachable...but for the proof there didn't seem to be an awful lot going on. Maybe I was just expecting a bit more punch flavour-wise?? Taking the price into account, unless something happens with some more air-time, this has gone straight to the do-not restock list. I can pick up MM at half the price for a similar experience.

Sorry you had to find out after buying an entire bottle Pie, and in Perth no less.

Out of the small batch I like Bookers.

Err, wait, did I just sympathize with an Aussie? That's against Concord code.

I'll try not pouring WT8 prior to it tonight and see if that helps. I'm going to get through the Bakers fine it isn't bad just light.

I have Bookers in the cupboard so I will have a crack at that in the near future.

I was born in NZ so maybe you can break the code for me ;)

MM and coke while out to dinner, hirsh 16 gold on the rocks at home. Its good to be home. tim

Went to bowling tonight. Sat out because of a bad hip. Had JB white and coke while watching my team mates kick ass.:woohoo: Took some samples with me for a couple of my team mates and another friend to try. Lot B, Pappy 15, and Pappy 20, along with some Weller SR. A great night was had by all. I am winning over some bourbon converts. :grin: It was a great time for an informal tasting of sorts, in a very unlikely venue. Lot B was all the rage. Joe

PS. As a side note, for some strange reason, the bowling alley manager (the owners son) by chance asked me what bourbon I'd like to see stocked in the bar. "Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus." All things considered, I told him maybe BT or Weller SR. This place is a younger hang out where most people wouldn't know top, from middle, from bottom shelf bourbons anyway. Goes to prove, you just never know.

Not tired at all... a tasty bottle.

I second that one, my friends!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Getting home early has it's downside.

I start early.

I have been up for an hour, since 3:30am, (see post time) and you guys are still sleeping.

Q.."What am I drinking?"

A.. Folgers.

Bulliet

1/4 of this bottle is not going to defeat me. I am not sampling any other til this one is gone.

Hi Guys, made it home safe and sound.

OK, today it is Van Winkle Family Reserve Lot B, Autumn '08 release, neat.

Sometimes I don't think I deserve it. (sometimes)

Hidden
Bulliet

1/4 of this bottle is not going to defeat me. I am not sampling any other til this one is gone.

Let 'em have it.

Bulliet

Go get 'em tiger! :duel:

Sampling some Old Fitz BIB '66 and it is butterscotch divinity. The only other whiskey I've had from this era is the Old Crow chessman that was going around and this definitely shares it's butterscotch essence. It is also reminiscent of the current Lot 'B'.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.