What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Summer 2009

hectic1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Well it's time to turn the page from Spring to Summer...I'm doing so by picking up a BOTM...Russell's Reserve! I haven't had the pleasure of tasting this before so I'm looking forward to getting to know Mr. Russell. Hopefully this is the start of a beautiful relationship!:lol:

A Saz JR so I can open one and have 2 behind.

Counting your chickens a bit prematurely, no? The bottle isn't even in the same county as you and you're counting it as purchased?? :lol:

I polished off my Wednesday to-do list in record time and decided to leverage the remainder of my day off with a trip east on I-90. It was a successful trip as I grabbed a Pappy 20, a Lot B, and a WTRB on closeout for me along with a baby Saz for a fellow SB'er.

A case of Yuengling beer also jumped into the trunk for the ride home. Now I'm ready for summer. :grin:

Rittenhouse BIB

Old Charter 7 year

Dickel No. 8

ER 10/101 or is it ER 101/10

tommyboy38,

I have been looking to get a bottle of the ER 10/101...do you have a source?

Thanks,

Bob

I polished off my Wednesday to-do list in record time and decided to leverage the remainder of my day off with a trip east on I-90. It was a successful trip as I grabbed a Pappy 20, a Lot B, and a WTRB on closeout for me along with a baby Saz for a fellow SB'er.

A case of Yuengling beer also jumped into the trunk for the ride home. Now I'm ready for summer. :grin:

Your planning on some uptown drinking :grin:

A bottle of Weller SR made its way home with me today due to the extreme generosity of a fellow SB'er. Thanks a bunch, man!

Gentlemen et al

First post on this forum, although lurking for quite some time....So I'll jump right in with unopened portions of lot b, phc, and gts 08 hazmat to start....

Currently enjoying ec18, 4rsb and trying to push the wrfg on unsuspecting folks...

Seems a good start to the summer!

Indy

Gentlemen et al

First post on this forum, although lurking for quite some time....So I'll jump right in with unopened portions of lot b, phc, and gts 08 hazmat to start....

Currently enjoying ec18, 4rsb and trying to push the wrfg on unsuspecting folks...

Seems a good start to the summer!

Indy

So, what exactly do you have against the "unsuspecting folks"?

So, what exactly do you have against the "unsuspecting folks"?

Hhhmmmm...Good question. Am I being an unruly host? The four grain was my first high dollar purchase a few years back when I thought high dollar = superb drink. After a few tastes of the "goods" I just cant/dont/wont enjoy the wrfg.

I'm still a bourbon apprentice but quickly approaching journeyman, and my palette knows what it likes and doesn't. Will be making my first visit to the kbf this fall, as Im just over the border in OH and cant wait!!!

I'm going to buy something tomorrow...I just haven't decided what yet! Maybe another Lot B or some Baby Saz that everyone keeps talking about!

Me not buying anything for a while lasted about 2 days. Picked up a bottle of buffalo trace.

Picked up a Pappy 20... for a price I couldn't refuse.

Also got a bottle of 05 (I believe) OGD114.

OGD had a bad cork... went back and 3 other bottles from 05 had junk floating in them... an 04 seems great though.

I passed up a bottle of 2006 BTAC Eagle Rare.

2 VWFRR for the bunker so I can pop the one that's down there now.

I like having a backup before I crack the hard to get stuff & I love VWFRR.

Happy Day!

I picked up a bottle of Evan Williams (Black Label) today..... a bottle I haven't tried since it lost the year/age statement on the label.

I had a very nice haul on my trip to NY, but very nearly paid the ultimate price for it . . . here are pics of the bottles I picked out and the remnants of the car that I was driving when blindsided by a runaway pickup . . .

most are just things I can't get around here, but at least one is a bonafide dusty:

2 WLW '08, WT Rye101, Fighting Cock, '04 1849 Fitzgerald (it said "Wood Aged" & all the other bottles said "Charcoal Filtered"), Cabin Still, Noah's Creek & a 1990 OHH BIB with a faux tax stamp . . .

post-4198-14489815716598_thumb.jpg

post-4198-14489815716817_thumb.jpg

post-4198-14489815716598_thumb.jpg

post-4198-14489815716817_thumb.jpg

I had a very nice haul on my trip to NY, but very nearly paid the ultimate price for it . . . here are pics of the bottles I picked out and the remnants of the car that I was driving when blindsided by a runaway pickup . . .

most are just things I can't get around here, but at least one is a bonafide dusty:

2 WLW '08, WT Rye101, Fighting Cock, '04 1849 Fitzgerald (it said "Wood Aged" & all the other bottles said "Charcoal Filtered"), Cabin Still, Noah's Creek & a 1990 OHH BIB with a faux tax stamp . . .

Jeez Andy, that's a rough price to pay for a few bottles :bigeyes: I take it the bottles came through unscathed, but hopefully you are ok as well?

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!