What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Summer 2009

hectic1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Jeez Andy, that's a rough price to pay for a few bottles :bigeyes: I take it the bottles came through unscathed, but hopefully you are ok as well?

Wow Andy! Looks like you had a close call. Glad you came through it okay. Glad you saved your haul too. Joe

Almost forgot, I picked up a bottle of Baby Saz today.

Holy crap, Andy. Wow! :bigeyes: Glad you're OK.

Not a purchase, but....Yesterday my mother in law gifted me a liter bottles of Makers Mark and Wild Turkey 8yo that she picked up on a cruise. Woo!

Evan Williams 12 Year - 101 proof (red label)

Virgin Bourbon 7 Year - 101 proof

Olde St. Nick Estate Reserve 8 Year - 86 proof

Yes, today is a very good day indeed!

post-4813-14489815717096_thumb.jpg

I had a very nice haul on my trip to NY, but very nearly paid the ultimate price for it . . . here are pics of the bottles I picked out and the remnants of the car that I was driving when blindsided by a runaway pickup . . .

most are just things I can't get around here, but at least one is a bonafide dusty:

2 WLW '08, WT Rye101, Fighting Cock, '04 1849 Fitzgerald (it said "Wood Aged" & all the other bottles said "Charcoal Filtered"), Cabin Still, Noah's Creek & a 1990 OHH BIB with a faux tax stamp . . .

I always worry when going to the liquor store about being in a wreck and having the bottles break all over as I drive an SUV that doesn't have a trunk. That it would smell like a distillery and the cops would then place the blame of the accident on me and arrest me. I put the bourbon as far back in the vehicle as possible.

Andy I'm glad your OK I hope the other guy had insurance:hot:

I always worry when going to the liquor store about being in a wreck and having the bottles break all over as I drive an SUV that doesn't have a trunk. That it would smell like a distillery and the cops would then place the blame of the accident on me and arrest me. I put the bourbon as far back in the vehicle as possible.

Andy I'm glad your OK I hope the other guy had insurance:hot:

Thanks, Paul . . . the other guy had insurance and hopefully this will all go pretty smoothly . . . no breakage. Today I grabbed a Dant BIB (even though I don't love it), because I was bored, it was $15.99 and I was frustrated that I still can't get any Dickel No.12.

Evan Williams 12 Year - 101 proof (red label)

Virgin Bourbon 7 Year - 101 proof

Olde St. Nick Estate Reserve 8 Year - 86 proof

Yes, today is a very good day indeed!

Super nice score!!!!!

So tell us the story, how did you get 'em?

Super nice score!!!!!

So tell us the story, how did you get 'em?

I am interested in the red label. Did you find it in a store here and if you don't mind me asking how much was it.

I am interested in the red label. Did you find it in a store here and if you don't mind me asking how much was it.

All three came straight from Japan. Prices are

probably more than most folks would be willing

to pay and can make buying 'em prohibitive. 1054winking.gif

Yesterday I found a dusty OC Classic 90....fake tax strip, pre govt. warning, volume listed in metric and English units, and there are some nice decorative grain plants molded into the glass. A great deal at only $14.99!

They recently began selling 4R1B here in Houston, and today I decided to get a bottle of it. While I was there I discovered that they are now selling Rittenhouse too (they've had the Ritt 21yo, but none of the others), so I picked up a bottle of the Rittenhouse BiB. I've only ever tasted the Ritt BiB once, at Randy's almost 2 years ago.

I found a WLW 2007, and I snuck home a Parkers Heritage 27 yr as well.:grin:

Nice Scott. Just how did you sneak the Parker's home? :skep: Joe

In my wallet......since there seemed to be a big HOLE in it after those purchases !!!!:shocked:

I've been harping on my local GrogShop and they finally got a couple of cases of Dickel No.12 in today after being out for nearly 8 weeks or more (they are being rationed by the state liquor control). I grabbed myself 4 bottles for the bargain price of $13.99 ea. Now I can be sure not to run out in case of another drought up here -- that was a long time. While I was out I saw that Weller Special Reserve was on sale for $10.99 so I had to grab myself one of those, too . . . deal was so good I almost bought two, but I had one bunkered already.

So far while vacationing in Myrtle Beach, I have gotten 4-ER101's, an Alberta Premium Canadian made in 1985, A 2008 Stagg, 1 WTKS dark wood top from '02, 2 WTRR101's, 1 EW1783 10yr. 1 ,Makers Mark mint julep and 1 EW white BIB. There are plenty of EW white BIB and several EW1783 10yr. bottles still around. If anyone is interested, send me a PM!

Thomas

The EW 1783 10 yr is one dusty that has eluded me so far.

Picked up some WT no.8, a few decanters, Some Old Fitz from SW and a few bottles of Stagg today.

Some Charter 101 because it went on sale today and ive never had it. Im running out of bourbons ive never bought at Va ABC's

Some Charter 101 because it went on sale today and ive never had it. Im running out of bourbons ive never bought at Va ABC's

I know your pain. Sounds like you need a trip to KY

Picked up a few this morning...

ER 17 2008

VW Lot B

WT Rare Breed

Weller SR

Today I was in an area of town that I don't go often, so I checked a couple of stores and ended up with 3 dusties:

Private Cellar - faux tax strip, 90 proof, no date. It was cheap ($7.85), so I got it for science.

Walker's Deluxe - tax strip, 86 proof, bottled in '84, from Peoria Ill. It too was cheap enough to give a try ($8.99), for science.

Old Weller 107 - 375ml, Louisville, faux tax strip, bottled in '91. Not exactly cheap ($12), but no problem as I love this stuff and wish that they had more.

Does anyone know anything about these older Private Cellar and Walker's Deluxe bottles, is it any good?

Since it is on sale for $10.99 currently, Weller Special Reserve is the second cheapest bourbon in Maine right now (after Ten High which is $9.49 & still KSBW here).

Because of that and because I'm always afraid they're going to get wise and raise the price on me ($12.99 regular here!) -- I bought 3 more bottles today . . . I should have enough WLW SR to last quite a while -- 5 in the bunker.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!