What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Summer 2009

hectic1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Received these today:

Beam's Eight Star 80 proof

John Hamilton 80 proof

White Eagle 80 proof (2 bottles)

Big Al's Famous Kentucky Bourbon 13 year - 86 proof

God's Homemade Bourbon 12 year - 80 proof

Is the big Al's in reference to a real person?

Silverfish,

Where in the heck did those come from? Never heard of any of those whiskeys except for the Beam 8 Star.

I picked up a bunch of Old Fitz from SW.

Received these today:

Beam's Eight Star 80 proof

John Hamilton 80 proof

White Eagle 80 proof (2 bottles)

Big Al's Famous Kentucky Bourbon 13 year - 86 proof

God's Homemade Bourbon 12 year - 80 proof

juno2a.jpg

juno2b.jpg

You find the weirdest frickin' stuff, bro.

I just came into posession of a Bottle Barn Weller Centennial and a Wild Turkey Kentucky Legend. The Legend is great, but that bottle is corny as hell.

Silverfish,

Where in the heck did those come from? Never heard of any of those whiskeys except for the Beam 8 Star.

Just a semi-educated guess, but they're probably oversea bottlings. I've seen a few "different" bourbons like that on a Japanese internet liquor sales site. Joe

Silverfish,

I picked up a bunch of Old Fitz from SW.

As joe surmised, they're non-usa. They're

Japan bottlings. Some have English text on

labels and a sticker with Japanese characters.

Others have Japanese text on the labels.

rakuten been berry berry good to me.

Is the big Al's in reference to a real person?

Not quite sure. I thought maybe it was Al Capone

or some other shady figure. The photo looks like

some kinda old time car dealer. He's holding some

paper in his right hand can sorta make out the

word "Belmont" (racing form ?).

There's text alongside the image that reads:

ACCEPT NO

do not be fooled

SUBSTITUTES

by imitations

DRINK AT YOUR

not for sissys

OWN RISK

only for big al

SWEET AS BIG AL

real man's bourbon

For the behalf of my bourbon club BBB I got 2 bottles in a parcel yesterday: Old Overholt bottled 1981 distilled at Michters and OF 1849 100 months old bottled 1977.

Leif

I received a bottle of Willett 7 Year Old Straight

Kentucky Bourbon from the D&M American Whiskey

Club (June release - only 96 bottles).

Barrel #1572

121.8 proof

Distilled: 11/07/2001

White Oak Stored in Warehouse B, Rick South 9.

edit to add - info here

Simply went to go buy wine for my mother-in-law. Happened to see Weihenstephaner Weisbier on the shelf, so picked it and then, several other brews up....Then meandered down the bourbon lane, and grabbed an OGD 114, that for some reason I felt a need for. My daughter's sheltie has more self control than me...:crazy:

....Then meandered down the bourbon lane, and grabbed an OGD 114, that for some reason I felt a need for. My daughter's sheltie has more self control than me...:crazy:

Stopped to look for wine today and I have to admit that I exercised great control, maybe I should be posting this on the "what did you pass up today" thread but I looked at an OGD114 and thought, this stuff should be illegal, it makes me crazy, I passed but I'm sure Gramps will be over soon.

Stopped to look for wine today and I have to admit that I exercised great control, maybe I should be posting this on the "what did you pass up today" thread but I looked at an OGD114 and thought, this stuff should be illegal, it makes me crazy, I passed but I'm sure Gramps will be over soon.

Yep, ol Gramps. He always stops by, don't he. At 114, he can be ornery, but a good ol fella, he is.

Nice restraint, Oscar. As my dad used to say, "You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din."

have had a bit of it. Usually at the end of a session when i"m in no position to evaluate.

It's not bad. They were loving the 7yr at the sampler, preferred it to the 6 which I have also but nvr. did a side by side.

Bought myself a KC and a EW BIB for my birthday on Friday, recieved a AAA and OFBB as gifts. The AAA came with a free BT t-shirt

Bought myself a KC and a EW BIB for my birthday on Friday, recieved a AAA and OFBB as gifts. The AAA came with a free BT t-shirt

Well, that's a dang good haul for your Birthday. Sounds like you had a good one!

:toast:

I finally got my hands on some export Blantons! I found all the varieties while I was in the Caribbean. But settled on two bottles of what is referred to as the Super Gold.

I did see a shelf full 3-4 bottles of 2006 Old Forrester Birthday. I knew someone on this board would have bought. Unfortunately, I was at my limit without going through the hassle of customs. Maybe They'll still be around when I go back:slappin:

Got a case of Rare Breed Yesterday, and a WT 12yr gold foil turned up today!

Turkey goodness!

I just realised I dont have any split label 12yo Turkey.

If anyone wants to help a brother out.....

Scott

Got a case of Rare Breed Yesterday, and a WT 12yr gold foil turned up today!

Turkey goodness!

I just realised I dont have any split label 12yo Turkey.

If anyone wants to help a brother out.....

Scott

I do Scott and I don’t mind trading…..

Leif

I just picked up my recent favorite: OFitz BiB & Fighting Cock.

I'm gonna a side by side.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!