What Bourbon did you purchase today? Fall 2009

hectic1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

What are the WT Traditions running at that end of town?

At The Party Source in Bellevue KY $113.99 plus .06%.

The state minimum here in MI is $119.97 plus .06%, but I'm sure I'll never see it.

Today I scrapped for 5 15YO Van Winkle's and 1 Lot B. Not a bad day. Due to one bottle limits at most stores I had to drive and call all over and even had my research assistant take a run to a store for me!

Just bought all the remaining bottles of the Hirsch 13yrs Selection rye. I was told that this stuff was rare and very tasty. Supposedly from the old stock of Van Winkle 13yrs rye.

My Hirsch 13yrs rye has a off-white label on the front while the back label states "LOT 00-1" and also states that it was bottled by Hirsch Distillers, Lawrenceburg, Kentucky (47.8% alc/vol). Also has a black wax top closure.

Another bottle of WT 101 w/flask for 15.99 and a Weller Centennial for $39. He still has 6 more Wellers. I need to ask if he would give a % off if I buy all 6.:bigeyes:

Another bottle of WT 101 w/flask for 15.99 and a Weller Centennial for $39. He still has 6 more Wellers. I need to ask if he would give a % off if I buy all 6.:bigeyes:

What color is the top? Is it gold or black plastic?

My first premium bourbon, Basil Hayden's. Price paid = $40 total.

What happened to the Maker's Mark? I thought that based on the feedback that you were going to go Maker's and bypass the Basil Hayden...I have a bottle so I'm not hating but I think there were a number of better choices out there for $40...oh well, if you like it that's all that matters. :cool:

I got my shipment from Binny's today.

2 btls of FRSB OSEV

2 btls of FRSB OSEK

2 btls of Very Old Barton 100 Proof

1 btl of FR Mariage 2008

1 btl of FR Mariage 2009

Also picked up:

4 btls WT Tradition (2 for a fellow SBer)

2 JRPS

2 Yellowstone current release

2 Ezra Brooks SB 12 yr

2 ETL 90th B-day edition

Rebel yell, Rebel yell reserve

That should keep me busy for a couple of days until I have the urge again.

What happened to the Maker's Mark? I thought that based on the feedback that you were going to go Maker's and bypass the Basil Hayden...I have a bottle so I'm not hating but I think there were a number of better choices out there for $40...oh well, if you like it that's all that matters. :cool:

I was, and still plan to try the Maker's Mark. However, before I came here at SB.com, I asked about certain bourbons to my brother-in-law, who sells wine and spirits for a living. I asked if he could get me a bottle of The Macallan and Basil Hayden's for the holidays. He didn't know what BH was, so I figured he wouldn't get it for me. He did. Stopped by today with it. $80 for both the The Macallan and the BH. Not a bad deal, since tax and the cost of picking it up was included. Before tax, the price for both were the same at $36.99 each. I couldn't tell him, "No, I don't want the BH anymore" and since I really wanted to try it, I bought it. No big deal.

FRSB. $29.99. I have plenty but, I continue to not be able to resist...:crazy:

I had a chance to run to Knoxville to pick up a few bottles on hold.

WR seasoned oak

parkers 40th

WT tradition

ORVW 23yo 114pf

Opened the ORVW before leaving the store and let the manager and staff sample. It seemed to be a unanimous thumbs up. Different from the regular 23 pappy. Good oak blends well, higher proof tingles the lips but without the burn. My sinus infection doesn't allow me to pick up on the flavors the others found. Will have to revisit in a couple weeks. tim

I had a chance to run to Knoxville to pick up a few bottles on hold.

WR seasoned oak

parkers 40th

WT tradition

ORVW 23yo 114pf

Opened the ORVW before leaving the store and let the manager and staff sample. It seemed to be a unanimous thumbs up. Different from the regular 23 pappy. Good oak blends well, higher proof tingles the lips but without the burn. My sinus infection doesn't allow me to pick up on the flavors the others found. Will have to revisit in a couple weeks. tim

Well done. Well done!! Opening up a bottle like that. In the store, no less, to let others try it out. Good on you, Tim. :toast:.

Picked up two WT Traditions, a couple FR Mariage 2009 (for the bunker), and a PVW 15 (because it was there).

Passed on the ORVW 114.... for the price of, say, six PVW 15s, it's not worth it is my book.

What color is the top? Is it gold or black plastic?

It is the gold top, haven't been able to find any black.

Last evening I picked up a Jack Daniels Single Barrel and a Jefferson's Reserve. Both of which are repeat visitors to my Likker Locker.

J.W.

Hey ‘all…

Haven’t been around much…but been tasting a lot…haha

The PA liquor stores are going WILD!!!

Score Bookers on sale…42.99

Score PVW 12yo…49.99

They also have the 20yo @ 89.99

Today they had Saz 6 & 18 yo

WLW @ 55.95

Scored a while back..

Rebel Reserve….24.99

I think all the bourbon is on sale!

In Va in October…

Bernheim Wheat 29.95

Evan Williams SB 25.95

& George Dickel 21.90

And some close out Bushmills 10 & 16yo @ ½ price!!!

WTR @ 21.99!!!!

I’ll be in Memphis over the holidays, so hopefully I find some good tastes down there to wash down the ribs!!!!

PS my go to lately has been regular Bushmills

happy holidays!!!

Picked up a bottle of OGD 114 the other night. Seemed like a fair choice given the horrifically cold weather...and my thin wallet.

I picked up my first bottle of ORVW 10/90. I generally like the 10/107 but I felt I needed to give this one a try.

Score PVW ...20yo @ 89.99

WLW @ 55.95

Bushmills 10 & 16yo @ ½ price!!!

Looks like great deals to me. Wish I could find these at those prices.

Hey ‘all…

Haven’t been around much…but been tasting a lot…haha

The PA liquor stores are going WILD!!!

Score PVW 12yo…49.99

They also have the 20yo @ 89.99

Today they had Saz 6 & 18 yo

WLW @ 55.95

Scored a while back..

Rebel Reserve….24.99

I think all the bourbon is on sale!

In Va in October…

Bernheim Wheat 29.95

Evan Williams SB 25.95

& George Dickel 21.90

And some close out Bushmills 10 & 16yo @ ½ price!!!

WTR @ 21.99!!!!

I’ll be in Memphis over the holidays, so hopefully I find some good tastes down there to wash down the ribs!!!!

PS my go to lately has been regular Bushmills Buy all the Lot B you can

happy holidays!!!

As in past holidays, I had to go with the 2005 all time winner,,,,

Pappy 20 year.

Its a shame I can only afford this bottle once a year.....

and had to restock on my bottle of Rock Hill...

Thanks to a fellow SB'er I was able to pick up a couple glasses and a bottle of Julio's Weller Centennial 13yr...can't wait to try this! :cool:

post-4808-14489816259203_thumb.jpg

post-4808-14489816259203_thumb.jpg

Thanks to a fellow SB'er I was able to pick up a couple glasses and a bottle of Julio's Weller Centennial 13yr...can't wait to try this! :cool:

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!