What Bourbon did you purchase today? Fall 2009

hectic1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Well it's time to turn the page from Summer to Fall...the colors on the trees are starting to change, the smell of nightly fires is in the air...

I started fall by picking up some ER 10/90 for the bunker...this is my go to bourbon right now...I could drink this stuff every day and be a happy guy.

Well it's time to turn the page from Summer to Fall...the colors on the trees are starting to change, the smell of nightly fires is in the air...

I started fall by picking up some ER 10/90 for the bunker...this is my go to bourbon right now...I could drink this stuff every day and be a happy guy.

No it isn't. You're early.

Don't you people have calendars?

No it isn't. You're early.

Don't you people have calendars?

Yeah, don't shortchange us on Summer, we still have until the 22nd.

We'll be shoveling snow soon enough!

Even though it isn't fall until next week, it's close enough to participate in this thread (grin).

I received a shipment today with a bottle of Elijah Craig 18yo bottled in 1990, nestled in with two bottles of Midleton Irish and a bottle of Jameson's Limited Reserve 18yo. I also picked up a bottle of Glenrothes 1975 30yo scotch.

I plan to round out my VanWinkles this weekend and stop spending on Irish Whisky and Scotch for awhile (grin).

I plan to round out my VanWinkles this weekend and stop spending on Irish Whisky and Scotch for awhile (grin).

if you'd like, I'm sure some of us would be willing to hold a money-burning party for you in a swamp that reeks of mold and yellow #5. :cool:

After going close to 2 months without making a purchase (edit to correct: I did buy a few scotch bottles on sale 2 weeks ago, but they don't count in a bourbon thread <G>), I have lapsed back into my buying ways again. I picked up a bottle of the Jefferson Presidential Select this weekend (and after tasting it tonight will be putting in an order for a few more bottles) and today when stopping by the local store just to talk with the spirits guy about how he liked the U2 concert (he went Saturday, we went Sunday) I noticed that he had the new BTEC on the shelf so I had to buy a set. Probably will not be my last bottle this week since I'm sure a few new bottles will find their way home during KBF.

Tom

I like Fall better then summer so I am posting here.

Picked up a ETL as a back up and a bottle of OGD BIB as a replacement and meant to grab a bottle of Fighting Cock because it had been a while but when I got to the counter I had a bottle of Charter 101 in my hand so I went with that.

Silly me, fall is so much better than summer.

Well it seems my spot with all the Weller Centennial was discovered by someone, but I did manage to grab one more bottle, seem to be all gone now.

They are trying to order me a certain beer this week, so when I stop in again I'll check and see if they've filled the void in their bourbon isle with anything.

Out of curiosity, is the old Baker's Bourbon any different than the new bottlings? I saw a bottle has appeared on the shelf in the store next to me.

Looked like this one http://www.bourbonenthusiast.com/for...isplaybottling

Listed for $36.

if you'd like, I'm sure some of us would be willing to hold a money-burning party for you in a swamp that reeks of mold and yellow #5. :cool:

That's okay - I mended my Scotch and Irish purchasing ways today by grabbing two more bottles of LotB and Pappy 20yo, giving me three LotB in the bunker and one LotB open on the desk.

I bought a pint of Beam era Old Taylor for about 5 bucks. I wanted to try it, and the price was right.

While looking for some OWA, the local ABC manager called me and said she had one bottle of Stagg sitting on the back shelf so I picked it up for a friend whose been looking for one. She also informed me that there were only 4 bottles of OWA left in the State of VA. Fortunate for me, they were at a store on the way home after work.

She also informed me that there were only 4 bottles of OWA left in the State of VA. Fortunate for me, they were at a store on the way home after work.

Looks like BT created the feeding frenzy by decontenting their product that Beam tried to create for Knob Creek with empty bottles and free t shirt gimmicks.

Methinks where KC has annoyed some it'll blow over, but with Antique it may be a last fling before the divorce. BT needs to start on the damage control, pronto.

Roger

That's okay - I mended my Scotch and Irish purchasing ways today by grabbing two more bottles of LotB and Pappy 20yo, giving me three LotB in the bunker and one LotB open on the desk.

I was just kidding anyway, I don't really have anything against scotch. I just couldn't resist. :cool: I think I will be picking up a new birthday bourbon in the next few days, but who knows. I was planning on going old bottle hunting this weekend, but it may or may not happen.

OOOohhhhh, I do not like seeing this thread early! I'm savoring every bloody minute of official summer and the still summer weather we'll be having after fall officially starts!

I'm tempted to lock this until it is officially here, but will let it slide since Scott did. :lol:

While traveling through Illinois, I found two bottles of 2008 WLW... they're going home to the bunker.

Geez John. Don't you have enough bourbon in Kentucky? You're infringing on my home turf. :lol: With that said, I brought a bunch back with me from the KBF. :slappin: Joe

Geez John. Don't you have enough bourbon in Kentucky? You're infringing on my home turf. :lol: With that said, I brought a bunch back with me from the KBF. :slappin: Joe

Free trade, man, free trade.:lol:

I made a run out to the store for Tommyboy38 today...picked him up bottles of EWSB from 1989 and 1990. I also found a bottle of Blanton's bottled in 1993 for $39.99...too good of a deal to pass up on even though I told myself that I was done buying for a while. This past weekend in Vegas really hurt my bourbon fund...it will take months to recover!:(

Picked up some goodies at the KBF last week. Jefferson's Presidential Select, Elmer T Lee 90th Birthday, 2009 Four Roses Mariage, a Liquor World Four Roses Single Barrel-Barrel Strength, J T S Brown BIB, Buffalo Trace, Buffalo Trace Creme Liqueur, and a handle of Old Forester BIB from 1981, courtesy of Tommyboy. Joe

That's great Joe BUT IT'S NOT FALL YET!!!!!!
Actually yesterday was the last day of Summer...it's now Fall! ;) 15% off at Binny's this Saturday...my contact there informed me today! He's holding a JRPS from Batch 2 for me for pickup on Saturday. :D

You're still early.

The 21st (today) is the last full day of Summer and the 23rd is the first full day of Autumn.

The equinox is at 21:18 UTC on the 22nd, so tomorrow is more than 1/2 summer as well.

You're still early.

The 21st (today) is the last full day of Summer and the 23rd is the first full day of Autumn.

The equinox is at 21:18 UTC on the 22nd, so tomorrow is more than 1/2 summer as well.

Good point Scott, so how about we lock it down until then for the final 24 hour countdown?! .... The Final Countdown!! :slappin:

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!