What Bourbon did you purchase today? Fall 2009

hectic1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I picked up an 09 ORVW 10/107 and a Vintage 17 today. I also gazed longingly at the ORVW 23 set at two different locations. Anyone know what is up with the essentially 'V' Shaped glasses? Sure, they are shaped like the first letter in their last name, but they don't seem to be the optimal choice for sipping 14 dollars an ounce...

I believe that the age statements have been pulled from quite a few such as Rowan's Creek and Noah's Mill in the last few years. They're all from KBD.

Picked up the last PVW 15 from my Binny's as a Christmas present to myself and a couple Binny's Weller 12 for IronHead!

Made a run to Chicago with Fishnbowljoe and another buddy of his today. Picked up a bottle of Binny's Weller 12, Binny's Blantons and then just for the hell of it an FC, VOB 100 proof and a 375 of OF Repeal bottling with the OF glass.

I'll let Joe tell everyone about the rest of the days purchases. Thank goodness his vehicle has a large cargo capacity!

Picked up the last PVW 15 from my Binny's as a Christmas present to myself and a couple Binny's Weller 12 for IronHead!

Grab as much 12 as possible!!! Who knows when we're getting more. Delicious , and cheap for what you're getting/ :grin:

Was down in VA last week and picked up some VA Gentlemen (aka The Fox) based on Chuck's notification that A Smith Bowman has stopped producing it in favor of their premium Bowman products. I enjoy the juice on occassion and felt fortunate to pick it up before you can only get it for double the price.

Not a purchase but one of the bands I'm in had a little impromptu jam session last night to celebrate Christmas, and I was gifted two bottles...a Weller Special Reserve NAS and a Pure Kentucky XO. This is the first time I've ever had the PK and I must say it's some very tasty stuff. Haven't cracked open the WSR yet.

Grab as much 12 as possible!!! Who knows when we're getting more. Delicious , and cheap for what you're getting/ :grin:

Talked to a BT rep a few weeks ago. He said the next batch of Weller 12 will be released around Derby time next Spring. He said it will be bigger than this Fall's but that spot shortages may still happen. They hope by Fall 2010 production will be back in line with demand.

While I agree that the standard Weller 12 is good the Binny's bottling is a 14yr 3mo bourbon and it's on another level IMO...this stuff is hands down my favorite everyday pour! I have 7 bottles bunkered and I'm working on getting more as once it's gone it's gone. :(

Agreed. The Binny's 12 is far and away better than the standard bottling (and I really like the standard bottling). I am very happy to have traded for and or relied on the kindness of others to pick me up a little stash of this juice for my bunker.

Made a run to Chicago with Fishnbowljoe and another buddy of his today. Picked up a bottle of Binny's Weller 12, Binny's Blantons and then just for the hell of it an FC, VOB 100 proof and a 375 of OF Repeal bottling with the OF glass.

I'll let Joe tell everyone about the rest of the days purchases. Thank goodness his vehicle has a large cargo capacity!

Below is a pic of my haul yesterday. Eleven bottles of Binny's Weller12, and a Binny's Blanton's. Wasn't going to get the Blanton's, but after having a sample, (thanks Joe) I just had to. :grin: Binny's, bourbon, scotch, and Manny's. It don't git no better. Thanks again Joe. I just wish you were closer to Rockford. It's always a great time at the South Loop store. We sampled some good offerings, including some scotch for my other buddy Pat.

Now, in regards to Gary's comment about having enough room in my Aztek. :skep: My buddy Pat bought a lot of goodies for his father. Pretty much a whole years worth. He did almost the same thing last year when we visited Binny's. He picked up four cases (24 sets) of Chivas Regal gift sets, a case of Grey Goose, and a 6 bottle case of Bacardi handles. Between what Pat, Gary, and I had, it was around $1700-$1800 worth of booze we hauled home to Rockford. We had a laugh amongst ourselves about what might happen if we got in an accident on the way home.:lol:

All in all a great day. Good friends, good trip, and a good time as always at Binny's. They have my vote as 2010 Retailer Of The Year. They always go out of their way to do things right. Cheers! :thankyousign: Joe

post-3455-14489816264738_thumb.jpg

Got a couple Party Source BT SBs (which I helped select). Also another bottle of the Party Source experimental wheated bourbon finished in a rye barrel. In addition some ruby port for our favorite holiday cocktail (brandied port) and some champagne for New Years.

believe it or not, I found a New Orleans bottling of ER101 today for 23.99.

WHOA! NICE ONE! Just sitting there, waiting to be plucked, eh?

Laid back a few bottles in the bunker for the upcoming winter...who knows when I might get snowed in.

3 VWFRR and a few 4R1B that were too cheap to pass up.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!