Wild Turkey Tradition 14yr Old

ACDetroit
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Well while looking a the Michigan liquor list this morning it looks like Wild Turkey has a new bottle coming... Not sure when it will hit the stores but it's going to run us about $119.00 a bottle. Looked for an image but could not find anything yet.

Anyone know anything about this?

Tony

Sorry just found this! WOW this bottle is hot! Looks like the 17 yr old without the wooden case!

post-2689-1448981603894_thumb.jpg

post-2689-1448981603894_thumb.jpg

Tony, there is a thread on that 'other' site with bourbon in the URL but it does not have any information, one tasting report though.

$120! Damn, I thought that was going to be $100 and isn't it like 30k produced?

WTAS was 24K?

http://pr.skyyspirits.com/2009/10/08/wild-turkey%C2%AE-kentucky-straight-bourbon-whiskey-releases-limited-edition-wild-turkey-%E2%80%9Ctradition%E2%80%9D-bourbon/

Hopefully when demand lessens for the product, the price will come down similar to "American Spirit". It is getting really tough to justify the price increases in the specialty bottling.

I know taxes are part of the equation and that drives me crazy albeit small part when compared to the specialty bottling. Regardless, these bottles are big time duckets and I am becoming less interested in them due to the price jump.

Tony, there is a thread on that 'other' site with bourbon in the URL but it does not have any information, one tasting report though.

$120! Damn, I thought that was going to be $100 and isn't it like 30k produced?

WTAS was 24K?

http://pr.skyyspirits.com/2009/10/08/wild-turkey%C2%AE-kentucky-straight-bourbon-whiskey-releases-limited-edition-wild-turkey-%E2%80%9Ctradition%E2%80%9D-bourbon/

The article in the link you provided says 14,000 for the US @ $100. It might show some places for $89.99. I liked this part, "white oak barrels with the heaviest (and most expensive) level of char". How much does it cost to char a barrel a few seconds longer? I guess I finally need to get around to opening my WTAS I've had for awhile to see if this one is worthy. I usually stick to Rare Breed for my WT kick, but even it has gotten north of $40.

The article in the link you provided says 14,000 for the US @ $100. It might show some places for $89.99. I liked this part, "white oak barrels with the heaviest (and most expensive) level of char". How much does it cost to char a barrel a few seconds longer? I guess I finally need to get around to opening my WTAS I've had for awhile to see if this one is worthy. I usually stick to Rare Breed for my WT kick, but even it has gotten north of $40.

See 30k Produced:

"Only 30,000 bottles are available worldwide and just 14,000 have been allocated to the U.S"

Do you know anything about the proof?

Leif

[QUOTE][/QUOTE]

It is 101 proof.

Early speculation was that this was going to hit in December for the holidays so this is a welcome suprise.

A little spendy for me, unless it's amazing. $120 is two bottles of stagg, or a bottle of stagg and wlw. Hard to pass them for this... Hell that's a bottle of AS and dusty KS if you want to stick in the turkey family.

Since the Tradition is in the same vein as American Spirit and Tribute.....here's a question for those that enjoy Tribute (less than 5,000 bottles for the US and a fantastic whiskey). Would you hesitate to buy the Tribute at the same price as the Tradition?

Randy

Since the Tradition is in the same vein as American Spirit and Tribute.....here's a question for those that enjoy Tribute (less than 5,000 bottles for the US and a fantastic whiskey). Would you hesitate to buy the Tribute at the same price as the Tradition?

Randy

I would not hesitate at all!

I would not hesitate at all!

I would.

I'm torn though.

On one hand that would be way more than I've ever dropped on a bottle of whiskey.

I am quite attracted to the bottle, probably mostly due to the fact that I've lusted after the WT17yo for so long.

Would you hesitate to buy the Tribute at the same price as the Tradition?

Randy

I would not hesitate.

Would you hesitate to buy the Tribute at the same price as the Tradition?

No hestitation at all to buy Tribute at Tradition price -or- Tradition at Tribute price.

It's my only hobby, if you want to call it that.

I have already e-mailed my favorite liquor store the MI LCC info about the WT Tradition 14yo and now I wait for it's arrival.

If it's as good as WTAS, I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger at $100. But then again, I've got the sickness, bad.

I'd love to try this whiskey, but the price is ridiculous. Actually, I think WT should have a regular bottling at 10 years old. WT is being bottled today so to keep it around for a mere 14 years is no accomplishment. Compared to the last SW juice, which will never be produced again, the last barrels on earth are being barreled right now and sold for $80ish.

For WT to ask for 50% more for their juice, is absurd. This stuff will languish on shelves and five years hence, will be available at half price. Which is where is should have been all along.

It reminds me of the super-duper special Crown Royal. Started at $200 but the stores that still have it are now asking $100. You could probably buy it for $75.

I love WT101 and would love to try this ninja-juice, but the price is insulting.

I would pay 90 for it...the same neighborhood that American Spirit was in Ohio before the clearance. The bottle of Tribute that I acquired at KBF runs circles around the WTAS that I have in the cabinet.

The point I was trying to make was that Tribute was so good, we'd pay almost any price to get it now. WT American Spirit was unique, but not as good. Who knows where Tradition will end up in the quality spectrum......but if it is as good as Tribute ( I doubt it ), we'll be happy to pay the piper.

Randy

The point I was trying to make was that Tribute was so good, we'd pay almost any price to get it now. WT American Spirit was unique, but not as good. Who knows where Tradition will end up in the quality spectrum......but if it is as good as Tribute ( I doubt it ), we'll be happy to pay the piper.

Randy

I'll give you 10 times what you paid for it!!!!! It's my girlfriends favorite!!!

BTW, if anyone has Tributes they'd want to give up for $120, please PM me. :D

Joe....there is a store here with a shelf full of Tribute....at least eight of them. We'll PM the details and see how many we end up buying.

Randy

Joe....there is a store here with a shelf full of Tribute....at least eight of them. We'll PM the details and see how many we end up buying.

Randy

Kewl!!!...........

Here is my problem with this turkey, the best WT juice is the old 8 year and you can find them from $35-100 a handle...

I have had or have every Turkey (less this new one) and the 8 year is still better...

What say you Turkey brethren Oscar?

... And yeah, I will get one a year from now on sale for $70-85...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.