Wild Turkey Tradition 14yr Old

ACDetroit
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A little additional interrogation has revealed that is was probably American Spirit and not Tradition for that price.

Craig

Craig,

That makes sense. A&L, despite their claims otherwise likes to charge 3-5% above state minimum for upper shelf products.

Will

I still haven't seen the Tradition, and if it's really about $120 I probably won't buy it anyway. The threshold for what I will spend has gone up, but not that much.

Craig

It arrived at my new Bar today from Pernod, around 8500yen a bottle.

At todays rate $94. I wonder if the wooden box and the bottom piece was

not attached would it be $80 ??

I like it !!

At first the alcohol smell is too strong, but after a few minutes on the counter

it gives a strong oaky good bourbon aroma, and the taste is full bodied thick

heavy (what did I want to say) its great!

Its same as other WT at 101proof but you get a Lot more out of this Bottle.

Jimmy Russels in Japan now, he will be at the bar tomorrow.

I will post some pics.

koji

Craftheads

post-74-14489816204549_thumb.jpg

post-74-14489816204549_thumb.jpg

Koji,

It's nice that Jimmy is there for the release of such a bottle. I hope we see him down here soon!! Have fun!

Scott

I wonder if the wooden box and the bottom piece was

not attached would it be $80 ??

Yeah, I really wish they would do separate versions with/without the box and presentation stuff. I think for the majority of us it is overkill that we'd rather not pay for.

I say amen to that Christian and I will go even feather. If it was up for me to decide everything would be bottled in pet bottles with plastic screw caps. That would not only make the bottles cheaper but also easier to ship, easier to pack into the suitcase, eliminate cork miss flavours and make the risk of a broken bottle if you drop it minimal.

Leif

• 3 weeks later...

I went to a place today that I knew had a few bottles of this stuff, and they were sold out !!!:hot:

At $100, i didn't think they would be flying off the shelves.:bigeyes:

If anyone would like to give me a bead on a bottle hanging aroung the Indy/Louisville area, please drop me a PM. (i need one of these):grin:

At $100, i didn't think they would be flying off the shelves.:bigeyes:

Out of interest, how does that compare to American Spirit for price? We're still hoping to see a few bottles Downunder, but won't be holding our breath :skep:

I didn't think it hit the shelves yet??

Dawn,

They hads 6 bottles at Big Red in Bloomington but they sold in 3 days.:bigeyes:

I talked to the guy at Kahn's and he had no idea what I was talking about. He just said, if it is available we will get it !!!:rolleyes:

Out of interest, how does that compare to American Spirit for price? We're still hoping to see a few bottles Downunder, but won't be holding our breath :skep:

Cam,

Here in Indy, it looks like the new 14 is priced at $100, and the AS was $80

I just paid $105.99 out the door here in PA. I found it a bit cheaper in Maryland but the gas cost to drive down and back would have made it more expensive.

It arrived at my new Bar today from Pernod, around 8500yen a bottle.

Koji was kind enough to let me have a taste of the new WT Tradition last week at his new bar in Shibuya, Tokyo.

I found it tasty and complex -- maybe some raisin on the nose, and leather in the taste and finish. The alcohol kick is more subtle than in younger WT 101 expressions.

Not quite the equal of the fabled 17yo, IMHO, but quite delicious. Whether it competes with the other options at around $100 (or multiple sub-$100 bottles!) is a matter of taste.

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful Packaging and Bottle! :woohoo::woohoo:

Looks great under the Christmas Tree!

Just put one on display, and had to check my hands for varnish. :lol: Kind of an intense smelling, albeit beautiful looking bourbon. Curious to know how the juice in the bottle tastes. Anyone else find the bottle packaging to be a wee bit smelly?

Just put one on display, and had to check my hands for varnish. :lol: Kind of an intense smelling, albeit beautiful looking bourbon. Curious to know how the juice in the bottle tastes. Anyone else find the bottle packaging to be a wee bit smelly?

I think they may have "jumped the shark" with the packaging. WTAS, for example, was still very classy looking yet simpler and undoubtedly less expensive to produce.

Or, look at FR Mariage or PVW15... whiskies of comparable (or better quality) with elegant but understated bottles.

I'd rather my $ went for the juice.

I think they may have "jumped the shark" with the packaging. WTAS, for example, was still very classy looking yet simpler and undoubtedly less expensive to produce.

Or, look at FR Mariage or PVW15... whiskies of comparable (or better quality) with elegant but understated bottles.

I couldn't agree more.

Yeah me too, now that I have seen many pictures of this I am really turned off by the excessive as all hell packaging. That has to be at least a few dollars of the cost. And I know I am not alone when I say I hate paying for packaging, especially when I want to bunker a few which would likely result in just tossing the box anyway!

You nailed it John but they are selling to a broad range of "newbies" also.

A 65 dollar 4R Mariage or a 119 dollar 14yo Turkey?

I love both Jim and Jimmy but I'm going with the 4R's.

So, it runs 99.99 at Binnys. I passed, but have another chance. Is it worth it? I know it's a question without an answer... but thought I'd toss it out there. Or should I go for a second Jeffersons Reserve 17 at 79.99 instead?

Or maybe 5 bottles of Rittenhouse Rye...

Craig

So, it runs 99.99 at Binnys. I passed, but have another chance. Is it worth it? I know it's a question without an answer... but thought I'd toss it out there. Or should I go for a second Jeffersons Reserve 17 at 79.99 instead?

Or maybe 5 bottles of Rittenhouse Rye...

Craig

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.