Wild Turkey Tradition 14yr Old

ACDetroit
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

The point I was trying to make was that Tribute was so good, we'd pay almost any price to get it now. WT American Spirit was unique, but not as good. Who knows where Tradition will end up in the quality spectrum......but if it is as good as Tribute ( I doubt it ), we'll be happy to pay the piper.

Yeah I know what you meant and yes when something like this comes out we are all over it but of course it does remain to be seen as far as the taste goes.

Also agree abut the American Spirit, I was kinda let down after the price and packaging got my hopes up.

As we all know you can't judge a book by it's cover.

But I am hoping it's as good as the 14yo Master Distillers Select, which btw I have never tasted but those who have say it is the best Turkey.

Here is my problem with this turkey, the best WT juice is the old 8 year and you can find them from $35-100 a handle...

I have had or have every Turkey (less this new one) and the 8 year is still better...

What say you Turkey brethren Oscar?

... And yeah, I will get one a year from now on sale for $70-85...

I have already got a couple on order and after I taste it I will then determine if it is worthy of shameful hoarding, um,... I mean bunkering.:grin:

The best Turkey I have tasted is the Kentucky Legend Single Barrel which was also a barrel proof at just under 112.

Incredible rich and super Turkey depthness.

If price really is $125 or up, I'm not sure what WT was thinking. WTAS at $77 did not fly on the shelf around here and I could buy 50 bottles of it tommorow. So, come close to double the price for about the same product with a new name??? Maybe, they want us to think WTAS is now a bargain to clear them of the shelf.

I agree the package is attractive, but I do not like where this trend is heading.

these distilleries are going going to keep coming out with these "special" bottlings and the price will keep going up.

they wont be happy until we are paying the same prices for bourbon as for scotch.

Including the current 8yr export you can get at the border?

No... just the 1994 WT 101 and older. The new stuff is good. Better than the standard 101, but not significant like the Old 8 yr....

No... just the 1994 WT 101 and older. The new stuff is good. Better than the standard 101, but not significant like the Old 8 yr....

Ahh thanks Spun. I'm going to grab a bottle of the 8yr export next week anyhow and try it out.

..the best WT juice is the old 8 year and you can find them from $35-100 a handle...
The two handles of WT8/101 (bottled in '89) that I found a couple of months ago were $30 each, tax included.

The two handles of WT8/101 (bottled in '89) that I found a couple of months ago were $30 each, tax included.

That is great juice.... I love getting that stuff... I have a few myself and I would like to get more... more... more... HAHAHAHA....

I have several too and it is great stuff. Fortunately it is relatively easy o find here on E-bay and auctions even from the 70-is sometimes. As a personal tradition this is the whiskey I carry in my pocket bottle when I visit the please and love music festival held in my small town every late June. If its allowed to take in alcohol into the festival area? Of cause not!

Leif

Wow! Love the look of this. with 30,000 I would say the rest will come here and to Japan, which is good news for us. Although WTAS was about $120 here and if you can still find it now it can be had for $195.

My Turkey shelf is already full, damn it! I might need some more space!

The box looks similar to a Dom Perignon box, pretty cool!

Hopefully we will see them before Xmas!

Scott

That is great juice.... I love getting that stuff... I have a few myself and I would like to get more... more... more... HAHAHAHA....

Nice find by the way... now compair it to your 14yr tradition...

Unfortunately, I don't have any 14yr Tradition to compare it to. And for the price, it's not likely that I'll ever be getting any.

If price really is $125 or up, I'm not sure what WT was thinking. WTAS at $77 did not fly on the shelf around here and I could buy 50 bottles of it tommorow. So, come close to double the price for about the same product with a new name??? Maybe, they want us to think WTAS is now a bargain to clear them of the shelf.

I agree.

I agree the package is attractive, but I do not like where this trend is heading.

these distilleries are going going to keep coming out with these "special" bottlings and the price will keep going up.

they wont be happy until we are paying the same prices for bourbon as for scotch.

And, I agree again.

Also, I don't like the damn name! Maybe I am looking at this wrong, but they already released something called Tradition and it wasn't anything like this, so couldn't they have chosen a new unique name?

The packaging is beautiful, I'll probably get one or two but at that price can't afford to bunker it like I did WTAS.

I tried it and liked it VERY much. It didn't immediately knock me over on the first sip, but when I sampled it side-by-side with rare breed and several premium bourbons, I fully appreciated tradition's more complex range of flavors and aftertaste. Is it worth the price? I liked it very much and may get another bottle someday, but I'll be slow to get the second bottle. Many of us don't have access to a wide range of bottles on someone else's shelf to sample for free, so we have to "pay-to-play" if we want to sample new material. What's it worth to sample something new to the market? If the price isn't a big problem to you and you want to try something new, I recommend trying it.

Sorry for the back to back posts. My initial post was impressions of when I first bought the bottle. Just now, the cat and I sat down with a cognac glass and I had two glass fulls and mulled it over. This bottle may be half gone shortly. I wish to revise my statements re: this latest offering from Russell and Russell. OMG!!!!

Hmmm...

Seems like a lot of angst over something that hasn't been been released into the market yet.

Hmmm...

Seems like a lot of angst over something that hasn't been been released into the market yet.

This is surprising? How long have you been a member of SB.com?:slappin:

Sorry for the back to back posts. My initial post was impressions of when I first bought the bottle. Just now, the cat and I sat down with a cognac glass and I had two glass fulls and mulled it over. This bottle may be half gone shortly. I wish to revise my statements re: this latest offering from Russell and Russell. OMG!!!!

What was the cat's opinion? Mine always get excited about Wild Turkey until the realize it contains no actual turkey.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a report that it was available at the A&L in Livonia over the weekend (~$94, if I remember this correctly), and they told me at A&L here in Ann Arbor that it would arrive this week.

Craig

The state website list it for $119.93 so if A&L has it for ~$94, I say buy.

A little additional interrogation has revealed that is was probably American Spirit and not Tradition for that price.

Craig

Hansell's review on this one is up -- seems favorable except for the "Play-doh" aspect . . . also, this seems to suggest to me that he thinks it makes you poop. :shithappens:

:slappin:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.