ORVW 23 Year Old 114 Proof

Vange
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

This is not any comment on the quality of the product but was in my favorite retail store yesterday, Red Wagon (said with extreme sarcasm) and they had the package listed at $495, which is $110 above the State min price. Nothing like gouging the customer.

This is not any comment on the quality of the product but was in my favorite retail store yesterday, Red Wagon (said with extreme sarcasm) and they had the package listed at $495, which is $110 above the State min price. Nothing like gouging the customer.

Frankly I'm surprised it wasn't higher.:rolleyes:

Just did the same thing this past weekend, Captain. Found one in NJ at $350, couldn't pass this one up. Hurts the wallet for sure, but at least the store wasn't gouging beyond the SRP. Numbered 1,197, for what it's worth.

post-3179-1448981690078_thumb.jpg

They are so pretty.

I have 2, one is #947 and the other one I don't know it is still boxed in the original box as per nerdy collector rules.

The Red Wagon once was a great store, then they moved into a new high-end store and got the idea that they could gouge their customers.

I know where there are two ORVW23 at $500 each. At that price I'm not buying. For the state minimum of $385 each, it's a close call but I have not seen one at that price.

• 3 months later...

These sets have been for sale a year now. Just curious if anyone has drank their entire decanter? As for myself, I haven't opened it yet.

Hidden

Based on another thread, the fact that it's Old Rip (as opposed to Pappy) has me wondering if it was issued as an ORVW b/c it's not S-W.

Mine is moving slowly. I have noticed that over time they get more woody. Might have to try the glasses that came with it to see if that defocuses the woody nose.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.