ORVW 23 Year Old 114 Proof

Vange
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Assuming you're already in the market for a Pappy 23, the markup for this version isn't that bad. You're getting 20% more whiskey from the higher proof. Based on prices in the Houston market, you're only paying an $85 premium for getting the decanter, glasses, fancy packaging and unique selection process by J&PVW. I could easily talk myself into it if I liked Pappy 23 (I tend to find it too woody).

Randy

I did not realize that the Pappy 20 & 23 were both still SW juice. That could delay the opening of the 23 I got last week for a while.

The price is high but, as Randy suggests, not by much...and you are getting maybe the only release of BP 23yr Pappy.

S-W closed IIRC in summer of '92, so do the math. At least 2.5 years of 20yr and 7.5 years of 23yr.

Hunted dusties and checked stores for anything interesting this weekend.

ORVW 23 114 proof sets are available.

Located nine total at several locations.

PM for store information.

I've only paid over 200 for a bottle once and that was when I first found this board and thought I'd never again seen a Pappy 23, that A series bottle is still sitting in the bunker. I have 5 other 23s that I got well below 200, so I guess I can say that I have only once paid more than 200 and very rarely ever paid over 150, which brings me to my point; I almost agree with Wade completely and no way will I buy this. Again, I'd rather not have the fancy packaging but can imagine for a gift it may impress someone.

Well I saw one of these in a store today. It's eye popping! By far the best bourbon presentation I've seen. I liked the box, the certificate, and the crystal bottle, stopper, and glasses.

The state lists it at $385, the store was asking $439.97.

If I stumbled into $500 that could be allocated to the bourbon fund, I'd be tempted to buy one of these.

They are around 400 here minus 10% discount (360) . The juice is as good as the packaging. Different from the PVW 23. You won't be disappointed. tim

Did a road trip to Jersey and found one for $358 out the door. Sorta glad they only had one 'cause if I bought two the wife might have had a few problems with that.

I saw one for $300. My wife said I could get it as an early anniversary present. She feels comfortable spending $300 on a bottle but I don't think I do.

I saw one for $300. My wife said I could get it as an early anniversary present. She feels comfortable spending $300 on a bottle but I don't think I do.

She's a keeper or perhaps looking for a built in reason to get a new wardrobe or some other expensive item.

My wife recently bought an expensive camera along with several expensive lenses. So my desire to purchase that ORVW 23 is mounting. I wish I could get it for $300. In fact, I think if it was $300 and not $440 or $$$6.40 after tax I think I would own one.

I can't justify spending 350 of money I've worked for on one bottle of bourbon. But, being hard to buy for sometimes has its advantages. If I manage to rake in some cash this holiday season I just might pick one up.

I was able to secure a case of this stuff through my local distributor. I only want one bottle. I will do my best to help anyone else with obtaining the other 2, short of buying them and shipping them out. I just don't have the money right now.

Here is the list of stores in Southern California who will be getting the 23 yr. old decanter Pappy Van Winkle.

1) Hi-time cellars

2) Mission Liquor

3) K & L Wines

4) Wally’s

5) Wine House

6) Wade’s Wines

7) Beverage Warehouse

8) La Bodega

9) Liquorama

It would help if you had your asking price listed. I've seen this from $325 to $450.

I was able to secure a case of this stuff through my local distributor. I only want one bottle. I will do my best to help anyone else with obtaining the other 2, short of buying them and shipping them out. I just don't have the money right now.

Was in Nashville recently, and went by a store I have purchased Van Winkle products from. In the back room, along with various 20 yr Family Reserves, 23 year Family Reserves, Lot B, 10 year 107, etc., was a box the owner was very proud of. A fine quality furniture grade box, with a decanter and 2 crystal high ball glasses! Price undetermined, I think he wanted at least 450. Beautiful. I bought the Lot B.......and survived to tell this story.

Russellc

Only seen 1 so far in person. It was in glass case and I was afraid to ask the sticker price. Probably destined to be super rare in the future....kind of like VVOF now i'm guessing.....maybe more so since much less has been bottled than SW did of the premium OF line years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.