Whiskey Trails 17 Year Old Bourbon

Virus_Of_Life
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

OK, Drew did step in it a little with his post, but you have to remember that the distilleries he buys from forbid him to revel it.

So maybe he's getting a little testy because if they cut him off there goes the business.

The most frustrating aspect of tasting and collecting Bourbon is the lack of transparency by the producers. What's also frustrating is the lack of factual evidence for statements on this board. While you all feel that there are other sources for KBD, no one has shown any hard evidence. If Wadewood and Doubleblank have definitive information as to other sources, then come forward and say so. "Many on this site..." Who are the people that have seen other barrels at KBD, and if so, what distilleries were the barrels from? I raise these points in the interest of knowing the actual authorship of what I'm buying and consuming.

Can't post that information on the web...

dog

OK, Drew did step in it a little with his post, but you have to remember that the distilleries he buys from forbid him to revel it.

So maybe he's getting a little testy because if they cut him off there goes the business.

Do they really? It's no secret that Luxco gets their stuff from Heaven Hill. They even have a picture of the old HH distillery on the some of their bottles.

It's not a secret where Julian Van Winkle gets his stuff either.

While the folks at 4R don't like to admit it, it's common knowledge that Bulliet is made there, and probably some other Diageo brands as well.

The Jefferson's people even made the source of their release a selling point.

As for me, I don't give a vole's derriere where it comes from as long as it's good, but I also don't like being told to sit down and shut up by a producer, whether they distilled it or not.

When I compare Julian Van Winkle's posts here with Drew Kulsveen's, it's like night and day.

Good point Oscar,

Who would want to be responsible for destroying a budding business for the sake of a post that declares who distilled the whiskey in any particular bottle or in one's glass.

Isn't half the fun here, becoming good enough at tasting to taste a shadowed product in a bottle and recognizing the origin based on the merrits, flavors and tastes?

Bettye Jo is putting on a competition to let everyone demonstrate something just like that! Only costs 20 bucks...

Hope white dog can make it to fall festival...he could be the next bourbon taster of the year!

Anyway, since when is it a new revelation that bulk whiskey winds up in the hands of others than the distillery that made it...I enjoy guessing on my own...having a bit of mystery to it doesn't bother me at all.

dog

Yeah Josh, you right you Big Ole Daddy you.

But Drew has threaten to cut cut off some of us SB.com'ers and some others with the private bottlings, I'd like to keep this option open.

Maybe Drew is guilty of PWD, I know I've done it.:rolleyes:

Besides I can only hate on one distiller/bottler at a time.

Know what I mean BT?

But Drew has threaten to cut cut off some of us SB.com'ers and some others with the private bottlings, I'd like to keep this option open.

Really? He has? Wow, he's really big on the threatening thing.

Oscar, don't you know that giving in to bullying just leads to more bullying?

Yeah Josh, you right you Big Ole Daddy you.

Maybe Drew is guilty of PWD, I know I've done it.:rolleyes:

Besides I can only hate on one distiller/bottler at a time.

Know what I mean BT?

Good one Oscar...

Ya know...Josh could call Max and just ask him himself...be interesting to see what he would be able to post on this subject...but then he'd have to call every other distiller that doesn't sell on the bulk market too...

And last but not least...is there room for "two people" to hate BT at one time...I'd like to be considered for the second position...Know what I mean?

dp

Really? He has? Wow, he's really big on the threatening thing.

Oscar, don't you know that giving in to bullying just leads to more bullying?

Hey...I want to be a bully...Drew and White dog can't be the only two!!!!

dog

A word of advice to ALL Rectifiers and Distillers: Don't bite the hand that feeds you. The average guy does not buy specialty bottles of bourbon, enthusiasts do. Can't we all just get along? :rolleyes:

Joe :usflag:

A word of advice to ALL Rectifiers and Distillers: Don't bite the hand that feeds you. The average guy does not buy specialty bottles of bourbon, enthusiasts do. Can't we all just get along? :rolleyes:

Joe :usflag:

Joe...Ya know I luv ya man! but one of us is missing the point...and while I'd agree with what you have stated, I find it hard to see the relevance as it pertains to White Dog.

I've read his posts and would agree with fishinbowljoe that he seems to have a chip on his shoulder...that said, I don't believe that he has approached gathering information as a customer...more like an adversary with some kind of moral pinpoint to stand on...

Like Drew, if my financial livelihood depended on industry connections, relationships and repeat business, I'd find it hard to sacrifice those to help one guy "feel" better about what he was drinking for the reasons he listed.

Similarly, if I were a distillery that doesn't sell whisky on the bulk market, yet needing to sell whisky on the bulk market and at the same time trying to be discreet about it, I wouldn't want a tier customer or one of their customers making trouble for me as it pertains to my industry posture/position...

Or, is it am I still missing something?????

dog

...am I still missing something?????

dog

Well, it looks to me like there's a lot of indignation today, 3 1/2 months after the brash fellow got a bit of learnin' and slowly backed away, perhaps to learn more about that which he spoke.

Good reading, though. :grin:

Roger

PS - I miss seeing the Dog!

First, you know absolutely nothing about what we do and who we source from; it really doesn't matter since it doesn't concern you or anyone else on this board. How can you make a statement like that and expect anyone to believe you since you have no facts to back it up. If you are going to make a statement be sure it is true and accurate or I will make you look like a true novice that you are.

A little?

As a non-distiller producer of fine American spirits, there is much public conjecture about the source of the products that are bottled under our name. While we appreciate the relationship that we have formed with the great community of bourbon enthusiasts here and around the world, we also value the business relationships that permit us to bring these unique products to market. Rest assured that if we were in a position to share these sources with the public we would do so, but contractual obligations prevent such a disclosure.

Our goal has always been that all products that bear our name will have been mashed, fermented, distilled, and aged by us in our facility. Until that goal becomes a reality, we hope you continue to enjoy the great line of spirits that we bring to you.

We thank you for your enthusiasm.

^ golf clap.

I'm PWD a Party source 6 year old silver willett. It's pretty darn good, like this thread.

Joe...Ya know I luv ya man! but one of us is missing the point...and while I'd agree with what you have stated, I find it hard to see the relevance as it pertains to White Dog.

I've read his posts and would agree with fishinbowljoe that he seems to have a chip on his shoulder...that said, I don't believe that he has approached gathering information as a customer...more like an adversary with some kind of moral pinpoint to stand on...

Like Drew, if my financial livelihood depended on industry connections, relationships and repeat business, I'd find it hard to sacrifice those to help one guy "feel" better about what he was drinking for the reasons he listed.

Similarly, if I were a distillery that doesn't sell whisky on the bulk market, yet needing to sell whisky on the bulk market and at the same time trying to be discreet about it, I wouldn't want a tier customer or one of their customers making trouble for me as it pertains to my industry posture/position...

Or, is it am I still missing something?????

dog

A little?

As a non-distiller producer of fine American spirits, there is much public conjecture about the source of the products that are bottled under our name. While we appreciate the relationship that we have formed with the great community of bourbon enthusiasts here and around the world, we also value the business relationships that permit us to bring these unique products to market. Rest assured that if we were in a position to share these sources with the public we would do so, but contractual obligations prevent such a disclosure.

Our goal has always been that all products that bear our name will have been mashed, fermented, distilled, and aged by us in our facility. Until that goal becomes a reality, we hope you continue to enjoy the great line of spirits that we bring to you.

We thank you for your enthusiasm.

Doug, how's that basement coming along? Sorry we won't be there this fall to see it.

"And now we return to our regularly scheduled programming." :deadhorse: Joe

FWIW, I understand Drews animosity. White Dog was swingin. But, any animosity directed to us bourbon dorks, is a lil to much. Most of us can taste where the distillate has come from. It'd be nice to confirm our taste thoughts, but I understand that some things just are. Drew... you guy's got that beautiful still runnin yet? I for one am rootin for ya. I'm sure there are plenty others as well. Cheers.:toast:

Definitely disappointed that I didn't get more job offers after my marketing gig last night.

:grin:

Man, did this thread come roarin' back. I thought I was angry, but after reading Drew and Dougdog, I come off as pretty sedate.

After reading Drew's comment, I will no longer believe what one of Drew's relatives told me about their source being Heaven Hill. If Drew wants to shame me for believing one of his relatives, so be it. I retract my statement on KBD's sources.

I still stand by my points on transparency. That I do not retract. It's obvious that many on this site do not care who the actual distiller is. So be it, but many of us do care.

I do find it odd that simply wanting to know who distilled what pisses so many people off.

I still stand by my points on transparency. That I do not retract. It's obvious that many on this site do not care who the actual distiller is. So be it, but many of us do care.

You should stick with BIBs Perro Blanco. The label will tell you all you want to know. Otherwise, anything could be in any bottle that is not a BIB. Distiller's choice....

I find a bourbon I like, but a buch of it and enjoy them for a long time. Yr to yr bourbons vary greatly... so I almost quit caring about it. I gamble on the Staggs and WLWs every yr, but others I go with a buy, try, rebuy approach.

Drink well

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.