What bourbon did you purchase today? Summer 2010

hectic1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Well I'm pretty happy that I get to start this thread with a successful hunt!

1 BHC VSOF

3 BHC Weller Cent's Louisville

2 BHC OCPR Slope Shoulder

1 WT 12 CGF

All in all a pretty good day! I left behind a bunch of other good stuff because I wasn't sure how much BHC stuff I would find...I'll probably go back to a couple stores tomorrow and pick up some others that I left behind! :)

post-4808-14489816718603_thumb.jpg

post-4808-14489816718603_thumb.jpg

Great find with that "cheesy" !!!!!:bigeyes:

I'd freak out to find one of those on the shelf !!!

Great find with that "cheesy" !!!!!:bigeyes:

I'd freak out to find one of those on the shelf !!!

I've actually found both split label and gold foil in the tube, so sometimes you don't know until you open it up.

Bob's had the touch lately, nice scores, makes me almost wish I was back in SoCal, almost.

Thanks Christian...

I actually picked up a couple EWSB 1991's (Malt Advocate Whiskey of the Year) tonight as well...I couldn't resist at $19.99 each...:)

I scored a pair of Lot B's to add to the bunker.

i couldnt find anything interesting today, so i picked up a bottle of Knob Creek. i havent had a taste of that for probably seven years or so, and it was on sale, so i figured why not.

i cant really tell you my tasting experience since our power went for 3.5 hours, so with nothing else to do i ended up having a bit more than i planned.

i couldnt find anything interesting today, so i picked up a bottle of Knob Creek. i havent had a taste of that for probably seven years or so, and it was on sale, so i figured why not.

i cant really tell you my tasting experience since our power went for 3.5 hours, so with nothing else to do i ended up having a bit more than i planned.

Must have been tasty, then! I salute you with a raised glass.

Well I'm pretty happy that I get to start this thread with a successful hunt!

1 BHC VSOF

3 BHC Weller Cent's Louisville

2 BHC OCPR Slope Shoulder

1 WT 12 CGF

All in all a pretty good day! I left behind a bunch of other good stuff because I wasn't sure how much BHC stuff I would find...I'll probably go back to a couple stores tomorrow and pick up some others that I left behind! :)

Nice scores there Bob but you know what I am most envious of :smiley_acbt: .

On day one of vacation, I bought a bottle of Abraham Bowman 12yr. rye at the Va. ABC's Hillsville store. More shopping to come. I have to say trhe staff at Va. ABC are very helpful and friendly!

Thomas

Picked up a bottle of Weller 12 and a bottle of McScrooge's Eagle Rare SB. I hesitated on the ERSB, because I was thinking that it's a single barrel ER probably like all other single barrel ERs.........but, this store has such a fantastic track record with their barrel selections, I decided to go ahead and pull the trigger. On a non-bourbon related note, picked up a couple bottles of Pappy Shiraz, too.

I ended up having a really good hunting trip...probably too good! Anyone know a good divorce attorney?

I picked up the following this week: 1 BHC VSOF, 6 OFBB 2007, 2 BHC OCPR, 3 BHC Weller Cent, 2 EWSB 91, 5 Pappy 15, 3 VWFRR, and a WT12 CGF!

I left a couple fantastic finds behind...I ran out of money...I hope they're stil there when I get back there in a couple weeks! :)

post-4808-14489816720235_thumb.jpg

...6 OFBB 2007...

I hate you...and I don't even know you.

damn Bob, I thought you left all those birthday bourbons behind. Those are some naace lookin' bottles.

damn Bob, I thought you left all those birthday bourbons behind. Those are some naace lookin' bottles.

I did Erik...I found a store that had 6 more...that means that I know where there are 8 more if we need them! :D

I did Erik...I found a store that had 6 more...that means that I know where there are 8 more if we need them! :D

How's the 04 and 06 BB? I have access to those....

What do you mean "IF"????:skep: We NEED them !!!!:grin:

How's the 04 and 06 BB? I have access to those....

Ask Josh how the 06 was for sure, as I've never tried it. 05 and 07 are spectacular. 09 I would consider not buying. I have very high hopes for 10.

I will say that BBQ+Bourbon prefers the 06 to the 07, and his favorite daily pour is OWA 7/107, if that gives you any point of reference. I prefer the 07, and my prefered daily pour would typically be a turkey.

Not to say I don't like weller, and he doesn't like turkey.... :grin:

I found these yesterday at the same store that had the Pappy 15's and the VWFRR...the store was about 60 miles from my house but I couldn't sleep last night thinking about them sitting all along on the shelf so I went back!

I present 6 WLW 2006 and 3 GTS 2006...these are the other finds that I mentioned yesterday...I didn't want to be a complete hog so I left 1 WLW behind for the next hunter! :cool:

post-4808-14489816721158_thumb.jpg

I present 6 WLW 2006 and 3 GTS 2006...these are the other finds that I mentioned yesterday...I didn't want to be a complete hog so I left 1 WLW behind for the next hunter! :cool:

yes, very generous of you. :skep: sure you didn't just run out of money? :slappin:

yes, very generous of you. :skep: sure you didn't just run out of money? :slappin:
That happened a long time ago...:skep:

Damn Bob..... I can't even find 1 VWFRR, and you found 3..... Bastage!!!

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!