What bourbon did you purchase today? Summer 2010

hectic1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

You gotta travel. they call it footwork but really should call it wingwork.

I haven't bought any bourbon since last week, which is a DAMN shame. I think it's about time I remedied that. maybe I can go find something really old, like a Old fitz BIB distilled in 1968 and bottled in 1974, to break up the monotony of nothingness. I'm sure I'll find some way to frustrate my wife.

Willett Pot still. Just cracked it open. A bit "thin" and hot in the finish but smooth and very drinkable. First impression is I like it.

Virginia just received the Makers 46 so I stopped in and picked one up for $34.

I added four more PVW15s to the bunker on Tuesday. Had to go on a little road trip to get them, but that was the fun part.

Headed to Orlando tomorrow. Taxi ride from the Airport to the hotel is about $60 but I can rent a car for 24 hrs for $45, so I'm gonna rent a car, drop stuff off at the hotel and do a little nosing around Orlando for something I don't have in the bunker. Any recommendations from our FL brethren?

I live on the AL/FL line and do most of my whiskey buying in NW FL. Some of the stuff I can get in FL but not AL:

BTAC

Elmer T. Lee

Four Roses - Yellow label, small batch and SB (I haven't found any of the special releases, though)

OCPR - This BHC release seems to still be on shelves all over FL from what I've heard

PVW 15 and 20

VWSR Lot B

ORVW 90 and 107

VWFR Rye (haven't seen this one in a few months)

Blanton's

WTKS

I haven't hunted in central FL. Maybe someone in that area will help out.

After some reading and seeing recommendations on the board I picked up a bottle of OGD 114 and a bottle of Weller Special Reserve. I have this birthday money burning a hole in my pocket.

Via the magic of ebay, I'm soon to be the proud owner of 2 ER101, Lawrenceburg 750s. I've never had any ER101 from any distillery so this should be a great way to get started! Paid a little more than I wanted to, but whatcha' gonna' do...

Paid a little more than I wanted to, but whatcha' gonna' do...
[QUOTE][/QUOTE]

You can always get more money but you can't always get more good bourbon.

You can always get more money but you can't always get more good bourbon.

Went to a bowling fundraiser last night for a friend of mines niece. He gifted me a liter of Gibson's Finest 12 Yr Canadian whiskey for letting him use some of my fishing stuff on his trip to Canada a week ago. Not bad stuff. Different from CC and Crown. I definitely won't be pouring this one down the drain. :lol: Joe

a bottle of the regular makers. partly so that I can compare it to the 46 when I get that, and partly because I haven't had it in a while and have been doing things a bit weird lately. :D

Weller Antique 107 was on sale for $17 so I grabbed a bottle and I like it. I would buy this again.

Weller Antique 107 was on sale for $17 so I grabbed a bottle and I like it. I would buy this again.

I would have picked up more than one at that price. :rolleyes: That's a really good price Rick. Joe

Just ordered the Willett Single Barrel Estate Reserve... If anything, the bottle is cool... Anyone had this?

Yesterday I picked up a Rittenhouse Rye BIB. I had finished my bottle of High West Rendezvous Rye the night before, and my Old Overholt the week before that. When I realized there was no rye whiskey in the apartment, I panicked.:eek:

HWRR was good. It shows they can recognize good whiskey when they "find" it back East. Let's hope the stuff they are making themselves turns out this good.

OO was okay, better with diet ginger ale than on its own. For only $2 more, I think I prefer the Ritt.

Unrelated question: I saw a bottle of WTAS out of its box on the shelf. Since it's BIB, it listed the DSPs of distillation and of bottling. Why is this stuff bottled in Arkansas (AR)? Does Wild Turkey really lack the capacity to do this in Kentucky?

...I saw a bottle of WTAS out of its box on the shelf. Since it's BIB, it listed the DSPs of distillation and of bottling. Why is this stuff bottled in Arkansas (AR)? Does Wild Turkey really lack the capacity to do this in Kentucky?

It was Pernod's efficiency manipulations. Bottling was in Lawrenceburg, Indiana, I'm not sure how long. It went to Arkansas only recently.

Incidentally, the former Seagram Lawrenceburg, Indiana plant makes some of the best rye that doesn't have its own label on it. Templeton and Australia's Cougar probably both come form there. Those Seagram's guys knew what they were doing, as is evidenced by the quality put in the bottle by a workforce some two corporate sales later. Much of what makes Four Roses special can be traced back to Seagram's multi-yeast distilling program.

Roger

While in Florida, I got a bottle of ri(1) for 25.99 and 2 bottles of Lot 40 Canadian for 16.99 each. Also got a handle of Crown Royal black for 39.99!

Thomas

Picked up a bottle of maker's last night. just as plain as I remembered it but definitely makes a "splash" when you turn it into bourbon and coke (with lime of course). ;)

Just ordered the Willett Single Barrel Estate Reserve... If anything, the bottle is cool... Anyone had this?

Been drinking it the last few nights. Very nice bottle indeed. I was expecting the juice inside to suffer the cost of that. But I am happy to declare this was not the case. It is very smooth drinkable stuff. I get lots of vanilla and caramel in this. I recommend it!

VOF 8 year bonded, distilled in '58

4 OF BIB, 6 year. Distilled in '48, '59, '64 and '66.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!