What beer are you drinking Summer 2010

HipFlask
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

There is lots going on now that we have summer here in Wisconsin. Right now Summerfest is going on. The largest Music Festival in the world. Today at Summerfest my beer choices will be Miller products and a local brew pub Water Street Brewery. Over priced and in a plastic cup but it sure goes well with the music and Summertime! Cheers.

So what are you drinking to make summer fun?

There is lots going on now that we have summer here in Wisconsin. Right now Summerfest is going on. The largest Music Festival in the world. Today at Summerfest my beer choices will be Miller products and a local brew pub Water Street Brewery. Over priced and in a plastic cup but it sure goes well with the music and Summertime! Cheers.

So what are you drinking to make summer fun?

Always a good time at Summerfest. This holiday weekend is supposed to really heat up around here by Sunday, so I'm looking at beers that quench your thirst. I'll be drinking Newcastle Summer Ale and Victoria (lager), Mexico's oldest beer that is new to the American market as of two weeks ago. The latter is comparable to Negra Modelo, amber in color but not heavy in any way. Have fun!

4th Of July weekend on the horizon and Canada Day yesterday and I'm thirsty so ice cold Molson Golden.

I found some pretty good beers at the Summerfest. Lakefront brewery had their IPA and Riverwest Stein. Water Street Brewery had an October fest and a Red Ale. This all went down with a Turkey Leg and an ear of corn and some good live music. Yes and O.A.R. and the Scorpions

I haven't been to Water Street in a long time, and I appreciate that they were a brewpub pioneer, but I've never been impressed with their beers.

The Ale House, Sprecher, and especially Lakefront, though, make great stuff.

For our "July 3rd" party for the 4th I selected various beers and the one that stood out as quite exceptional and surprising was Michelob Dunkelweisse. The yeast it uses produces quite a unique taste...though the label says "clover and banana" it tastes like cherry to me. My neighbor agreed. We enjoyed it quite a bit..."a dark wheat ale"....unusual and very tasty. Despite being dark it is not "heavy", instead it is very refreshing.

http://www.michelob.com/ExploreDunkelWeisse.aspx

I have always enjoyed the Michelob brand and it various products.

• 2 weeks later...

Successfully finished a Chimay Grande Reserve Magum 51oz last night all by myself. Everyone else had their local brews from the Weeping Radish Brewery.

I found some pretty good beers at the Summerfest. Lakefront brewery had their IPA and Riverwest Stein. Water Street Brewery had an October fest and a Red Ale. This all went down with a Turkey Leg and an ear of corn and some good live music. Yes and O.A.R. and the Scorpions

A buddy of mine that lives a few blocks from me won the Stone homebrew competition. They've already brewed the West Coast Bitter (or San Diego Session beer, can't remember the official title). It is the hoppiest beer AND lowest ABV beer stone has ever made.

Should be hitting the shelves at theend of the month in time for GABF. If you like hoppy beer, you've got to try this. I've got my 2nd batch of his recipe in the fermenter now...it's so easy drinking at 4.3% and hoppy as hell!

That sounds good. I'm not thrilled by the escalating ABV that seems to be happening. 8% limits the number of beers I can drink in an evening.

I just got a 6-pack of Michelob "Irish Red - All Malt Ale - ". It is quite good.

Tim

Capitol Brewery's Dark Lager is outstanding. I had one with a fish dinner last night. It sure went well with the Walleye. I also put some in the batter. And then I cracked open some Carlsburg Elephant Malt for swatting mosquitos on the deck. fun times!

More than anything else this summer, I'm drinking Yuengling's Black and Tan in a can. I love the taste and the price, 10$ for a 12, is very reasonable.

Yesterday Tony and I took a bourbon break and went up to Michigan Brewing Co.

We had, High Seas IPA, Sunset Amber, Superior Stout and a growler of Mai Bock and Celis White to go.

Tony and Oscar traveling together and drinking? Who knew?

Attended a dinner with a Southwest menu. Negro Modello, Corona, Tecate and both Dos Equis were the beers of choice. Stayed with the Negro Modello and XX Dark. Both of those beers show well against some pretty pumped up chili peppers.

Tony and Oscar traveling together and drinking? Who knew?

Attended a dinner with a Southwest menu. Negro Modello, Corona, Tecate and both Dos Equis were the beers of choice. Stayed with the Negro Modello and XX Dark. Both of those beers show well against some pretty pumped up chili peppers.

I have a favorite restaurant where I have always ordered Dos Equis Dark. One day, they were out and the bartender suggested Modelo Negro. I accepted, saying I had been intending to try it sometime, anyway. Man, is it good!

Tim

Yes. The Negro Modelo is very good and pairs well with Mexican food.

A frosty glass of Delirium Tremens Belgian Ale after a medium length run on a mid 90's afternoon. I've not had a lot of experience with Belgian beers, but that may change after this beauty.

Enjoying some Yeungling Lager that a friend of mine was nice enough to deliver from Philadelphia. It is not to be found outside the immediate area and I am savoring what is left of the 6 pack...I could not help myself.

Enjoying some Yeungling Lager that a friend of mine was nice enough to deliver from Philadelphia. It is not to be found outside the immediate area and I am savoring what is left of the 6 pack...I could not help myself.

I killed a case of the Yinger a few weeks ago. My brother came up, and he had never tried it before. Good stuff, although people I know in Pennsylvania don't seem to think as much of it as I do.

I am taking a temporary hiatus from beer in preparation for the Music City Brewer's Fest this weekend. Taking my microbrewing father with me to sample a bunch of different types of beers.

I've been drinking Left Hand Milk Stout (closest thing to no-longer-imported Mackeson's) on cooler nights and Harpoon Raspberry UFO on the hot days (reminds me of Thomas Kemper from the early-90's!)

Restocked on Sierra Nevada Kellerweis but haven't cracked one open yet. Wasn't that supposed to be a year-round offering? Very refreshing on a hot summer's day.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.