Bernheim Original

miller542
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

So what is the mashbill percentages of Bernheim Wheat?

I have always assumed it was all wheat except for some barley to get the fermentation going.

It's good whiskey but I find the finish very short.

Oscar I am not sure, but I'd be surprised if it's much north of the minimum 51% wheat. Total guess.

The press release from Heaven Hill in 2005 states the following: "The new whiskey is the first of its kind. Heaven Hill Father and Son Master Distillers Parker and Craig Beam developed the wheat formula with a minimum of 51% winter wheat – the recipe also includes corn and malted barley."

• 4 weeks later...

I talked to Craig Beam at a bottle signing last week and he did confirm that there are some older Bernheim barrels aging that might get a special release depending on how they turn out. Could be interesting!

I talked to Craig Beam at a bottle signing last week and he did confirm that there are some older Bernheim barrels aging that might get a special release depending on how they turn out. Could be interesting!

He said the same at WhiskyFest - Chicago as well. Can't wait to try them.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.