What bourbon did you purchase today? Fall 2010

CaptainQ
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

PHC 2010 for a trade and two more 750s of Weller 12 for the Bunker. The stocks in the stores are dwindling.

500ml and 1973? Anyway,

After investigating the Old Fitz bottle I see I misread the bottle. The 500 i thought I had seen was actually "one" as in one pint. The 1978 Yellowstone bottles do say 750ml and 25.9 fl oz. Anyway "GFY".

After investigating the Old Fitz bottle I see I misread the bottle. The 500 i thought I had seen was actually "one" as in one pint. The 1978 Yellowstone bottles do say 750ml and 25.9 fl oz. Anyway "GFY".

Don't worry Tony.. mistakes happen. ONE and 500 look almost identical. I get no and yes confused all the time.

In New York, Four Roses Small Batch, a fave of the better half, and Elijah Craig 18 years old, which confirmed my view that this bourbon is on an uptick. Found it on sale at $37.00. Customs and weight limitations precluded buying Bourye, which I saw only after, and the house selection at Astor Wines & Spirits of Eagle Rare 10, whose taste note on a shelf talker attracted my attention. In line with my mid-shelf preoccupations today, Buffalo Trace and a merchant's 101 proof bottling of Williamsburg bourbon looked appealing too. Next time (I may be in the city again later this month).

Gary

"In New York, Four Roses Small Batch, a fave of the better half"

Libby is a keeper. I love that stuff!

Found a 2009 William Larue Weller and snatched it up.

Current targets:

PHC 10yr wheater

More Sazerac or Rittenhouse 100

2010 BTAC

Weller 12

VWFRR

Purchased a while ago but finally took delivery in the parking lot of a McDonalds at I-94 & Sargent road in Jack Town while AC is on his way to Moline.

3 bottles of the 2010 Four Roses Limited Edition Small Batch

3 bottle of the 2010 Parker's Heritage Collection

Purchased a while ago but finally took delivery in the parking lot of a McDonalds at I-94 & Sargent road in Jack Town while AC is on his way to Moline.

3 bottles of the 2010 Four Roses Limited Edition Small Batch

3 bottle of the 2010 Parker's Heritage Collection

Oscar:

Looking forward to hearing your impressions of these two. What'da you think?

It may be a while John I have about 8 open bottles now and that's to many for me.

From what I hear the 2010 Parker's is real good, I might save that one as a Christmas treat, I doubt I can wait that long though.

"From what I hear the 2010 Parker's is real good, I might save that one as a Christmas treat, I doubt I can wait that long though."

It is and you shouldn't.

Two of the new Willett's, barrel selected by Shopper's Vineyard. 17 year old, 137.6 proof.

Between these, PHC 2010 and the above-mentioned FC 15 and WT 12 CGF, I need to slam the breaks on bourbon buying for the rest of the year. Not a bad way to ring out 2010 in any case...

Noob, with no extra cash are you going to skip the 2010 BTAC releases??

I'm very tempted by the SV Willett 17. Let us know what you think.

I've got a decent selection of prior years WLW, GTS and THH. 15ish bottles in total. Unless one of those comes out for 2010 with near-universal raves as the best ever of that brand, I'm planning on letting them slip past.

Maybe this is my n00b naivete shining thru and I've never done a head-to-head tasteoff to confirm but my thoughts are, sure, there are some year-to-year differences among the BTAC but the basic core of each wiskey is fairly constant. I'm not likely to miss much if I lack a 2010 bottle, but can crack a 2009, 2008, 2007 bottle instead.

Not sure how easy it'd be to find a similar substitution for PHC 2010, FC 15, WT 12 CGF or the Willetts. All these came on me so close together that I put a serious dent in my discretionary budget. Gotta stem the bleeding sooner or later.

Tough to do, and the jury is still out if I can actually hold true when the decision is at hand but that's how I am feeling today.

A handle of Weller 12 for $34. Hell I can't find ANY in MN, and a 750 for $25 seems like a steal to me. A handle for $34... I can't pass that up.

Tastes great, a hair different then the previous recent years... so I think a brand new bottling of it.

Noob, with no extra cash are you going to skip the 2010 BTAC releases??

I'm very tempted by the SV Willett 17. Let us know what you think.

I'm interested in the SV Willett as well. Let us know what you think. I was underwhelmed with the last one I bought and I know I'll have to splurge on the BTAC and fall splash of PVW.

Gotta stem the bleeding sooner or later.

Tough to do, and the jury is still out if I can actually hold true when the decision is at hand but that's how I am feeling today.

I took delivery of a very nice package from the US today.

It contained the following:

PHC Cask Strength

PHC Golden Anniversary

ER17 / 2008

JRPS17

Also lask week took delivery of a PHC 27!

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!