What Bourbon did you purchase today? - Winter 2010/11

hectic1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I stopped buy Binny's today and grabbed a number of different items for Christmas with only one bottle being bourbon...I grabbed a bottle of Binny's BT bottlin from 2010. IMO it's the best BT bottling I've had! :cool:

Found a Rittenhouse Rye 100 BiB, as well as a stash of OWA with the old paper labels, which I'll bunker over the next month or so.

Many dusties.

The hunt goes on...

In the past I've found the Four Roses style to a bit light for me but there was only one bottle of Single Barrel left on the shelf and, being 100 proof, decided it was worth the price.

BT signed by Mr. Wheatley. He told me not to let it sit unopened because they make plenty. I'm going to follow his advice and open it on Christmas :)

My favorite local store usually gets a few bottles of each year's BTAC. I hadn't seen any Stagg this year, and I've never tried it before, so I called last week to ask about it. They said they would call the distributer, and voila! They took delivery of 2 3-packs today. By the time I got there this afternoon, 2 bottles were left. I'm sampling mine now and am very happy with my purchase - especially since most of the cost was paid by the Christmas gift my company gave me. :grin:

Found a Rittenhouse Rye 100 BiB, as well as a stash of OWA with the old paper labels, which I'll bunker over the next month or so.

Many dusties.

The hunt goes on...

Flint, what store had the OSA old label bottles? I am down here in Huntsville, willing to make the short drive. Also looking for some PVW15's. I would appreciate any help. Thanks!

GTS 2010, Baby Saz, Blanton's, and a basic BT for mixin'.

I'm stoked, cuz now I have 1.75 bottles of GTS to last me into 2011!

Not bad for a Wednesday.:cool:

Secured myself 2 Baby Saz off the shelf which is kind of a luxury here in Ohio.

While there I grabbed a Kracken dark spiced rum to pour on the wifes Christmas Pudding.

Tried to buy some PVW 10 yr but none was available. Bought some Weller 12yr old and a bottle of Eagle Rare SB for Christmas eve.

Been living off mu bunker mostly this past year... decided 2010 needed to go out with a bang. Just added to the bunker:

OF Birthday Bourbon 2010

WT Rare Breed

WT KS

Old Fitz BIB

Old Fitz 1849

Willett 13 yr #3665

2010 Parker's Heritage Collection 10 yr (x3)

2010 Parker's Heritage Collection Golden Anniversary

Jefferson 17yr (x2)

Pappy 20

Lot b (x4)

VWFR Rye (x2) been hunting this for some time now.

Weller 12 (x3)

Stag 2010

WLW 2010

Stranahan

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Been living off mu bunker mostly this past year... decided 2010 needed to go out with a bang. Just added to the bunker:

OF Birthday Bourbon 2010

WT Rare Breed

WT KS

Old Fitz BIB

Old Fitz 1849

Willett 13 yr #3665

2010 Parker's Heritage Collection 10 yr (x3)

2010 Parker's Heritage Collection Golden Anniversary

Jefferson 17yr (x2)

Pappy 20

Lot b (x4)

VWFR Rye (x2) been hunting this for some time now.

Weller 12 (x3)

Stag 2010

WLW 2010

Stranahan

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Fantastic Haul...those PHC 10yr's are very nice IMO...please let us know what you think of them! Where is the Pappy 15? ;)

I picked up a 375ml of Bulleit today to see how it is.

From what I understand Bulleit no longer buys it's whiskey from 4R's.

Who ever cooks it for them I'd say it's OK, very spicey so I don't know if I got an old one or not.

But the spice does seem to warm up a cold 2nd day of Winter.

My package from Party Source showed up via FedEx:

PVW 15

PVW 20

ORVW 10/107

ORVW 10/90

Lot B

Old Bardstown Estate

Fantastic Haul...those PHC 10yr's are very nice IMO...please let us know what you think of them! Where is the Pappy 15? ;)

I am in love with the PHC 10yr right now.. So good. It's a very round, deep profile that goes great on a cold winter night. Very happy sipping on it!

As far as the Pappy 15 goes, i skipped on it this year as I have 4 bunkered up, and its selling @ around $70 in these parts so I decided to move on for now. Though I did find some online for 44.99! Of course sold out, but still good to see it @ that price.

My package from Party Source showed up via FedEx:

PVW 15

PVW 20

ORVW 10/107

ORVW 10/90

Lot B

Old Bardstown Estate

Nice haul. I ordered from Party Source as well for part of my xmas haul. They just called to tell me the PVW 20 was sold out. Maybe you got the last one! :grin:

Well, I've exhausted the local sources looking for the McKenna 10 yr old. When I get some time Sunday guess I'll mosey over the State line.

Just moved to CA from IN, and was a bit disapointed by the local stock until I hit Ledgers in Berkeley. Got the new Parker's + the Ledgers bottling of 4roses...

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!