What Bourbon did you purchase today? - Winter 2010/11

hectic1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Nah; "bottled and selected for" are the key words, meaning the next barrel ready to be bottled became "specially selected and bottled for __________ [insert latest absentee customer name]."

Gotcha... Thanks!

I grabbed some ETL 15yr's for the bunker...only 168 bottles of this juice so I'm happy that I have 3.5% of the barrel. ;)

The angel on my right shoulder was MIA today....

A bottle of Thomas H. Handy Rye

And 2 bottles of Buffalo Trace Cream Liqueur for the wife after our Hard Hat Tour.

Bought a Stagg '10 today for $65. I originally travelled to the Stagg purveyor for PVW 20 that they had at $79 but forgot that was only to the 28th. I also snuck a Knob Creek at $24, into the cart, while shopping at Costco with my wife today. Oh and since I saved $14 from missing the PVW sale, how could I not go over to the store that has the Old Forester Repeal with glencairn glass at $7.99.

David Nicholson 1843 BiB. Allegedly DSP-KY-16, but as several of the threads on here lead me to believe, this is mislabeled. The bottle looks pretty current (having a web address and all), and lists Old Fitz as the distiller. Figured it was worth a try for $15. Found in Kentucky--and pretty far from the bit that touches the Mississippi.

David Nicholson is a brand owned by Luxco. The juice, like that of their Rebel Yell brand, is produced by HH.

Was in Chi-Town celebrating New Year's and made my first ever trip to Binny's. Found a bottle of Four Roses 120th Anniversary and also picked up a bottle of Whistlepig. I was really wanting to get some Binny's Selection BT, but was getting dirty looks from the wife...

I must say I'm jealous of our Chicagoan SB.com'ers. Binny's had quite a selection including a couple things we don't get in KY, BTAC & a Pappy 20 sitting around, along with some great single barrel selections. I often pass through Chicago to visit family in Wisconsin and will have to schedule Binny's stops more often.

post-5506-14489817062538_thumb.jpg

I just picked up an Elmer T Lee 15 Year Old Single Barrel Reserve "Collector's Edition".

Or so it says on the bottle.

I'll try it later the bottle is cold so I'll let the bourbon warm up, no juice in this bottle.

I just picked up an Elmer T Lee 15 Year Old Single Barrel Reserve "Collector's Edition".

Or so it says on the bottle.

I'll try it later the bottle is cold so I'll let the bourbon warm up, no juice in this bottle.

Can't wait to see what you think about this bottle...I grabbed a bunch of them based on Reid's review...:)

Can't wait to see what you think about this bottle...I grabbed a bunch of them based on Reid's review...:)

Ok Bob.. if you don't like it it is your fault for even paying attention to me... if you do like it it is because of my tremendous bourbon picking skills aka sheer luck...LOL!!! Given only 168 were bottled and BT claims it is a one time one off you should be sitting pretty regardless if you like it or not... great trade fodder

Me too, Bob.... His review was great.... I just hope its accurate !!!!:grin:

Picked up a bottle of WLW 2010, if it is nearly as good as the 09 that I have open, I'll be happy.

Mike

Got a bottle of ORVW 10/107 - the last I've seen here in the wild. Also a bottle of Baby Saz, which I have not found heretofore. Stumbled onto a Ritt 100 BiB which was a nice find - now I have 2 of these rare birds. Also a handle of VOB BiB 100 for the bunker.

Decanters...lots of them...all from the 60's and 70's...JW Dant, WT, Old Fitz, Ezra Brooks, Jim Beam, and Michters...there was somewhere in the range of 110-115 of them...I bought them all with a buddy of mine. I decanted 2 Beam's to make sure the juice was good...a 110 month 86 proof and a 175 month 86 proof and the old Beam juice is in fact quite tasty! biggrin.gif I have to inventory them but off the top of my head I know there was an Old Fitz BIB distilled in 62 bottled in 68! wink.gif

I hope I don't regret buying Buffalo Trace today. I haven't had it for some time and wanted to revisit. I remember it being "ok", sometimes tastes change. I was trying to decide between BT and Makers 46 again.

The trip today got a little expensive. Picked up a JBW because it is just always good to have around for mixing and such and the gift pack with the hat was on sale for 12.99. Then I sort of went crazy because I had a gift certificate at the local store. So I grabbed one each of: Wathen's, Rock Hill Farms, Lot B, Blanton's, OGD 114, Rowan's Creek, Weller Antique, and Pure Kentucky XO.

The gift certificate didn't quite cover all of it. :lol:

Great day. Pappy 20 for $84.99, Old Rip 107 for $29.99, 2 VWFRR for $47.99 each, and last but not least, a RittBIB, which is finally back on the shelves for $17.99.

I was sure HH was gonna raise the price on RittBIB when it came back, especially since it had been out of the market for 1 year. Now I can stop milking my last bottle which has survived for 8 months and was down to 2 inches! :cool: :cool: :cool:

Great day. Pappy 20 for $84.99, Old Rip 107 for $29.99, 2 VWFRR for $47.99 each, and last but not least, a RittBIB, which is finally back on the shelves for $17.99.

Wow! I may have to make a trip north of the border for those prices! All $10-15 cheaper than Central IL.

Wow! I may have to make a trip north of the border for those prices! All $10-15 cheaper than Central IL.

We're famous for being a frugal state, and we have much less wealth than our neighbor to the south, so mark-ups are lower. :cool: :cool:

Just won this on ebay......feel like I should be wearing a balaclava right now!!

:grin:

Not something you would expect to find in Australia.....this will be very much enjoyed with friends!!

Scott

Decanters...lots of them...all from the 60's and 70's...JW Dant, WT, Old Fitz, Ezra Brooks, Jim Beam, and Michters...there was somewhere in the range of 110-115 of them...I bought them all with a buddy of mine. I decanted 2 Beam's to make sure the juice was good...a 110 month 86 proof and a 175 month 86 proof and the old Beam juice is in fact quite tasty! biggrin.gif I have to inventory them but off the top of my head I know there was an Old Fitz BIB distilled in 62 bottled in 68! wink.gif

Now this gets my attention, Bob. What's the fill level on most of these? I'll presume you paid a lot less than the exorbitant prices you usually see for decanters. That Beam should have lots of rum flavor in it.

Now this gets my attention, Bob. What's the fill level on most of these? I'll presume you paid a lot less than the exorbitant prices you usually see for decanters. That Beam should have lots of rum flavor in it.

Fill level on 90% of these were very good...the two I decanted yielded about 23-24oz of JUICE...not bad for 30yr old decanters. I paid a very fair price for them...some people might even say I got a GREAT deal! :)

Just won this on ebay......feel like I should be wearing a balaclava right now!!

:grin:

Not something you would expect to find in Australia.....this will be very much enjoyed with friends!!

Scott

Holy Crap! :bigeyes: :bigeyes: That was the deal of a century right there. Congratulations on that one Scott, I do believe the vXof is the rarest of the OFs.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!