What bourbon did you get for Christmas 2010!

ThomasH
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

What bourbon did you guys get as gifts for Christmas 2010? I Received a bottle of Buffalo Trace that was a special selection from Table & Vine located in Ma. or NY. It was signed by Halan Wheatley!

Thomas

Not bourbon, but a bottle of Templton rye. I am not a big rye fan, but since it was a gift from my two sons, who went to great lengths to get it, it is the best whiskey I have.

mike

None. My family loves me, knows me and knows better. Our small house and its only spare room, has been gradually taken over by groaning and stacked up liquor case boxes, which also seems to be an impediment.:grin:

Well; when my wife headed south to meet me on my return she brought a bottle of Eagle Rare Single Barrel; gotta say it's the best thing I've tasted in 9 months.

No actual whiskey, but my son (who just happens to work for Borders) did give me the book, "Boozehound: On the Trail of the Rare, the Obscure, and the Overrated in Spirits"

I ended up with 2 bottles of Booker's. One at 7yrs+4mo. at 128.6 proof, and one at 6yrs+10mo. at 126 proof. As I would not buy Booker's for myself, I'm quite pleased to have them for comparative tasting.:cool: :cool:

No actual whiskey, but my son (who just happens to work for Borders) did give me the book, "Boozehound: On the Trail of the Rare, the Obscure, and the Overrated in Spirits"

Should be a good read. The author, Jason Wilson, writes for the Washington Post and had a pretty good article on bourbon and recommendations back in 2009. He shuns the number rating system too. Actually, thanks to Tom's son, I'm going to shop for the book tomorrow and add it to the holiday reading list.

Santa brought me 4 bottles. Buck, OF Repeal set, OF BB 2008, and Weller SR. I must have been a good boy this year.

I must have been a bad boy this year...Santa didn't leave me any bourbon, or rye, or any other hootch...bastard

Got a Pappy 15 and the Regan's Book of Bourbon.

Gift to myself was one bottle each of 2010 GTS and

WLW from the Party Source.

No bourbon. A bottle of Stranahan's. Wifey liked the little piece History did on them in the Whiskey Modern Marvels.

Looking at the bottle, I was wondering why they don't call it a single malt. Its 100% barley, new barrel, two years old. Wouldn't you think it would help them?

Lot B. :grin: The wife pays attention!

She actually said she couldn't find the 15yr and told the clerk that she didn't love me enough to buy the 23yr.

My soon-to-be wife got me a bottle of 2010 Stagg and a Jefferson's 17. Her parents gave me a Lot B. It was a great Christmas.

I didn't get anything to drink but I did get "The World Atlas of Whisky", "Old Man Drinks: Recipes, Advice and Barstool Wisdom" and a pretty cool stainless flask decorated with a fleur de lis.

I compiled a list of bourbons not available in the U.S. including pictures for my wife some time ago since she was traveling quite a bit. I recived the following for Christmas:

Wild Turkey 12 yr

Blanton's Gold

Blanton's Silver

Blanton's Special Reserve

Four Roses Super Premium

Evan Williams 23 yr

From my Sister:

Old Rip Van Winkle 23 yr Decanter

Do bourbons you purchase for yourself while Christmas shopping count as bourbons you got for Christmas?

I got a Woodford Reserve with my initials engraved on the bottle. I like the shape of their bottles - they're like a huge flask. I haven't had WR for a while and it's much better than I remember it.

Mike

ER 17 2010 and WLW 2010 from the parents. Opened the 2010 Stagg I bought on my birthday (Dec. 24). The brother, dad and I shared. It was delicious.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.