What bourbon did you get for Christmas 2010!

ThomasH
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

My soon-to-be wife got me a bottle of 2010 Stagg and a Jefferson's 17. Her parents gave me a Lot B. It was a great Christmas.

Sounds like you are marrying well.

No whiskey for me under the tree, but I did get myself a bottle of Bernheim Original today. I've had one pour, so not sure what I think of it quite yet, but the initial taste is pleasant. I like wheated bourbons so I thought I'd like this.

Way way way to much Maker's Mark.

My wife got a bottle of MM in the gift box from a client the week before Christmas and gave it to me.

My daughter and my sister-in-law both gave me MM gift boxes for Christmas.

Any suggestions for what I should do with three bottles of MM?

I tried drinking some but it just doesn't go down, it's just there, no depth at all.

My wife got a bottle of MM in the gift box from a client the week before Christmas and gave it to me.

I tried drinking some but it just doesn't go down, it's just there, no depth at all.

Throw a little bit of WLW in with it.????

As a matter of fact I did a 50/50 vatting of MM and OWA 107 today and the results were weird, it seemed minty, go figure.

For the first time ever I got bourbon as a gift under the tree, a bottle of JRPS (batch #8)! Wonder how they knew to buy that one... :]

No bourbon, bourbon related items or anything that could be mistaken for bourbon appeared under my tree.

No bourbon, bourbon related items or anything that could be mistaken for bourbon appeared under my tree.

You must have been on the naughty list.

+1

Though I do really like the Solstice gifts I did receive: Kitchenaid Food Processor, Wok, Grill Pan, Deep Fryer.

I'm sure, at some point, bourbon will touch every one of them.

...Scott says, as he kicks cat, and with hands in pockets, bowed head and bottom lip visibly protruding out...;)

...Scott says, as he kicks cat, and with hands in pockets, bowed head and bottom lip visibly protruding out...;)

Yeah, dumb old Christmas! :grin:

All was not lost since Santa brought me a Playstation 3 and Gran Turismo 5.

:bowdown:

My thumbs are a bit sore lately.

Yeah, dumb old Christmas! :grin:

All was not lost since Santa brought me a Playstation 3 and Gran Turismo 5.

:bowdown:

My thumbs are a bit sore lately.

You need this............. though it might cut into your bourbon funds a tad.:bigeyes:

You need this............. though it might cut into your bourbon funds a tad.:bigeyes:

I am struggling with the 130.00 tag on the Logitech GT wheel, so 6 bills is insane. I bet it is a beautiful wheel, tho.

Received no bourbon.

I guess we "went Irish" this year, as I received a bottle of Bailey's (gawdhelpmebutIdolovethestuff) from a friend, and I gave my wife a bottle of Red Breast 15 (the 12 is - was - her favorite whiskey).

Also received a copy of Broom's Atlas, also from a friend (different one).

Ohh man you got screwed. I know the best whiskey is free whiskey but even that has it's limits.

How about donate it to the local chapter of the legion? Those guys could always use some more pain killer.

If I was on the receiving end, I would fully expect Allen Funt to walk in to the room after the third bottle was unwrapped.

Merry Christmas, Oscar.

You're on Candid Camera!

allen%20funt.jpg

I received a bottle of Bailey's (gawdhelpmebutIdolovethestuff) from a friend

I'd highly recommend checking out the Buffalo Trace Cream Liqueur. I think it is much better than Bailey's (but maybe that's just because I know it's made with bourbon...)

By the master distiller who happened to be at the distillery in the gift shop. My good friend who really turned on the bourbon taste in me heard me talking about wanting a flask. He was in the area and stopped by the gift shop and was nice enough to pick up the bottle/flask gift set. Tonight I picked up Four Roses single barrel for him to celebrate new years! Of course I anticipate trying it at the party. That will be a new one for me. The small batch was very good!

I got a bottle of High West Whiskey 21 year as of yet unopened (will be when my brother gets married in about a month). Also a Visa gift card labelled "Booze Money" (any Futurama fans?).

Not to count all the Pappy and BTAC I bought in the last week...

I got a bottle of Woodford and a 12 pack of small bottles of Makers Mark from the in-laws. Not a fan of either, but the small bottles will be good for pocketing into sporting events and the Woodford will be used for mint juleps at the next Derby party.

I'm just thrilled the in-laws are starting to get me gifts I can enjoy. I'll just have to tweak their knowledge by next Christmas toward some better bourbons.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.