Anyone try Elmer T Lee 15yr?

chefnash51
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Came across some :

ELMER T. LEE 15YR SINGLE BARREL RESERVE COLLECTORS EDITION

anyone have it before? Love me some ETL, so I was wondering if this was worth $40.

-Chef

never heard of it - when did it come out? recently?

Looks like it's new on the market. I can't find much, aside from this:

http://www.shoppersvineyard.com/store/pc/ELMER-T-LEE-15YR-SINGLE-BARREL-RESERVE-COLLECTORS-EDITION-BOURBON-WHISKEY-108p14223.htm

A 15-year old for $40 sounds like a pretty good buy to me!

Since we are on the subject of ETL, I bought some of the old wax tops and they are in those United Kingdom liquor bottles. Is there any way to date those bottles. Just a bunch of S__T on the bottom. Is there at least a time period when BT was using those bottles. This would also help date some of the Centennials I have. Thanks

This is something that should have been placed in a forum only members could read, but I know not everyone realizes how that works. Doesn't matter now as I expect it'll be sold out very soon if it is isn't already!

I'm just curious to know the history on the barrel and how it came to be. I suspect if it has been done once it'll be done again, but who knows. Just too bad they didn't number the bottles or somehow designate it as the first barrel done this way.

Either way 15 year BT bourbon chosen by Elmer is worth a try so I had to pick some up.

This is something that should have been placed in a forum only members could read, but I know not everyone realizes how that works. Doesn't matter now as I expect it'll be sold out very soon if it is isn't already!

I'm just curious to know the history on the barrel and how it came to be. I suspect if it has been done once it'll be done again, but who knows. Just too bad they didn't number the bottles or somehow designate it as the first barrel done this way.

Either way 15 year BT bourbon chosen by Elmer is worth a try so I had to pick some up.

Why should this have been posted in the member's only area...SB.com didn't have anything to do with the barrel purchase as far as I know.

On a more relevant note, there were 168 bottles to this barrel in case anyone is wondering.

My bottle arrives on Monday. I'll try it and reort back!

Thomas

Mine arrive on Monday as well... Looking forward to it !!!:grin:

Still waiting for mine, I hope it ain't a Michigan thang as to why it ain't here yet.

Why should this have been posted in the member's only area...

Has to do with what is visible to the entire world and just logged in users.

I ordered three bottles on XMas Eve and they didn't ship for quite awhile - probably because of the storm. At any rate they are supposed to arrive the 4th and I'm really looking forward to tasting.

This is something that should have been placed in a forum only members could read, but I know not everyone realizes how that works.

Does SB have a "Members Only" forum? If so, I was unaware

of it but would make a note of it for future reference.

Does SB have a "Members Only" forum? If so, I was unaware

of it but would make a note of it for future reference.

Sorry for the confusion, you are a member. To clarify, and simplify, just log out and view the board to see the difference.

Does anyone know the age of standard ETL?

The story I heard is the target age is 10-12 years old, but that Elmer pretty much picks out the barrels he wants, so 15 is not unheard of.

I ordered three bottles on XMas Eve and they didn't ship for quite awhile - probably because of the storm. At any rate they are supposed to arrive the 4th and I'm really looking forward to tasting.

I did the same thing and found out yesterday when I called that the bottle of rum I added to the ETL order was holding it up because there was an inventory problem with the rum.... I guess that's what I get for straying from bourbon! :lol:

It is actually quite good... probably the best balanced ETL I have had. Good mouth feel and finish. We got ours this past week so several of us locals gave it a try.. Thumbs up.

sorry didn't realize we could post so non members can't see. Future reference on how to do this if needed next time?

My bottles aren't being shipped until Tuesday, so I should have them soon.

sorry didn't realize we could post so non members can't see. Future reference on how to do this if needed next time?

If you log out, you can see the forums only available to non-members.

Side by side comparison shows the following are all member only:

Straightbourbon.com Stuff - all 5 sub categories

Bourbon Discussion - Tasting, Distillery, Group Barrel, Bourbon Social, and Good Deals categories

Other Alcohol Related Discussion - American Rye Whiskey

Off Topic Discussion - both sub categories

Non-members can view 15 forum categories, members have access to all 28.

Just curious - what are the criteria for "Member Only" forums? When

I compared the member & non availability, I was surprised to see the

American Rye forum as member only. Maybe this PB/SB forum should

be switched to members only?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.