Anyone try Elmer T Lee 15yr?

chefnash51
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'll be having my first try this Friday at a beer and bourbon gathering. I'll also be taking possession of two bottles. Life is good. :cool:

Mine showed up yesterday and some friends and I tried it last night. Less than half a bottle left now - damn fine juice.

I just got mine today! It is wonderful! Wonderful taste, mouthfeel and finish. I like the regular ETL a lot, but this is better.:grin: :yum:

This ETL 15yo has got me wanting to get a bottle of their standard offering.

I have only had two bottles in the last 6 years.

One I liked but was narrow in flavor, had some depth but wasn't very full-bodied.

The other was a Sam's Wines selection that was simply awful.

I plan on cracking one of these open on Friday...I have 3 here now and 3 more are scheduled to show up tomorrow. I should be good for a couple weeks! :D

This is something that should have been placed in a forum only members could read, but I know not everyone realizes how that works. Doesn't matter now as I expect it'll be sold out very soon if it is isn't already!

I'm just curious to know the history on the barrel and how it came to be. I suspect if it has been done once it'll be done again, but who knows. Just too bad they didn't number the bottles or somehow designate it as the first barrel done this way.

Either way 15 year BT bourbon chosen by Elmer is worth a try so I had to pick some up.

You should have used your moderator powers to change it. Or purchased all of the bottles so you could dole them out as you saw fit. Its quite obvious that if someone isn't a member of SB.com, they should get any special releases that may come out across any of the liquor stores across the nation. :rolleyes:

You should have used your moderator powers to change it. Or purchased all of the bottles so you could dole them out as you saw fit. Its quite obvious that if someone isn't a member of SB.com, they should get any special releases that may come out across any of the liquor stores across the nation. :rolleyes:

I guess that stick removal kit is still available on Craigslist...:rolleyes:

I guess that stick removal kit is still available on Craigslist...:rolleyes:

:lol:

Yeah really! Sheesh. I think he even mentioned he realized it didn't matter now because it was probably already sold out. Who would have thought showing a little concern for the membership would result in such angst.

As for the ETL 15, I really like it.

The 15 y/o ETL is excellent. Very well balanced without a heavy wood component and somewhat fruity. Excellent juice.

Joe:usflag:

This is damn fine bourbon. I'd have to say it has the nicest nose I've found on a bourbon in while; kind of like candied oranges and brown sugar and a few things in between. Very, very good stuff. I'll try to do some actual tasting notes after having it a couple days in a row.

The more I drink of it the more I think I'm going to wish I would have gotten more. I know some will say it was just gimicky slapping the 15 year on there and getting more money for it, but I think those who didn't get in on it will regret it because this is way better than typical ETL which I normally am not the biggest fan of.

this is way better than typical ETL which I normally am not the biggest fan of.

Well thats not good news for someone who feels the same way.

Glad it's coming back with positive reports and that you guys got to have some. I thought about getting a few but I went on a BTAC binge lately so I passed.

I was able to snag a few bottles of this online before it sold out, and my UPS man finally dropped them off today! I thought that this had a lighter color than I expected for a 15 year, and it was very, very smooth. I have a couple of bottles of last year's ETL birthday bourbon, and in my opinion this 15 year is MUCH better than that!

glad so many here were able to grab some bottles - mine showed up today and will be having some tonight - sorry if i caused any stir!

Damn, I saw this and debated it. I LOVE the nose on the regular ETL but was left wanting beyond that. I had a hunch this would be good, but I didn't pull the trigger.

Oh well. :shocked:

...I have only had two bottles in the last 6 years.

One I liked but was narrow in flavor, had some depth but wasn't very full-bodied. ...

...this is way better than typical ETL which I normally am not the biggest fan of.

Damn, I saw this and debated it. I LOVE the nose on the regular ETL but was left wanting beyond that. I had a hunch this would be good, but I didn't pull the trigger. ...

I agree with the above sentiments on regular ETL and missing the boat would hope that BT would allow for some more 15 year, considering the positive reviews so far.

I may have mentioned that ETL doesn't typically make it into my bunker but this 15 year release quickly made it to my best of 2010 list. If they could find more of this, they should add an ETL bottle to the BTAC lineup. Beautifully balanced bourbon and terrific finish. For those that don't mind the Ebay route, this bottle has already shown up. Too bad the seller can't appreciate great bourbon.

Somebody "in the south":rolleyes: sold a bottle on Ebay for $107 :shocked::shocked: I might have to sell mine at that price!

Somebody "in the south":rolleyes: sold a bottle on Ebay for $107 :shocked::shocked: I might have to sell mine at that price!

I missed out on a chance to get some of the original offering so I thought I might be able to get the one listed on eBay for a decent price. I was wrong...there is no way in hell I'd pay $127 (total w/shipping) for it :bigeyes:.

Being able to easily throw away $127 on a bottle of bourbon that was originally priced at $40 kinda takes the fun out of things, doesn't it?

I find that my favorite bourbons are the ones that not only taste great, but I also spent a lot of time/energy into getting. The bottles that I come across easily may be just as good, but there's something in the hunt that makes it that much more enjoyable.

In the words of Keith Blair: "No one would help me push that old hand cart. They laugh. So many goals and hassles, potholes I pass every day. When I take a little ease from a long hard day of work, a sense of achievement to know I'm contributing, doing my part, this is my comfort. There is a reward for every trying man who walks this land with an intention to do good for himself and every man. Nobody wants to plant the corn, everybody wants to raid the barn."

The more difficult to obtain, the sweeter the reward. Granted, this was a $40 bottle, but tell me this: how many special releases of this nature have come about recently? I mean ELT is not a new label, but at 15 years it's a one-of-a-kind release. The barrel yielded only 168 bottles. Time will tell if BT gives us any more.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.