Anyone try Elmer T Lee 15yr?

chefnash51
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I mean ELT is not a new label, but at 15 years it's a one-of-a-kind release. The barrel yielded only 168 bottles. Time will tell if BT gives us any more.

Why do I suspect that if BT manages to track down any other 15YO barrels of ETL they'll sell for more than $40/bottle at retail?

I'd love to see more unique bottlings like this hit the market, but I'm sure BT saw that they priced this one under what the market would bear.

Why do I suspect that if BT manages to track down any other 15YO barrels of ETL they'll sell for more than $40/bottle at retail?

I'd love to see more unique bottlings like this hit the market, but I'm sure BT saw that they priced this one under what the market would bear.

I've been contemplating the same thing. Obviously the retailers will hear about the bottle selling on ebay for $107 if they haven't already. Why wouldn't they bump the price to $60 for the next barrel? It would have sold out in a few weeks at that price. I've been wondering to what extent the ebay sellers are driving up prices on recent specialty bottles.

I've been wondering to what extent the ebay sellers are driving up prices on recent specialty bottles.

Yeah, me too. I'm all for making a buck but in the long run

we're just cutting our own throats if we want a good product

at a reasonable priced. Of course, it was just one bottle so

maybe it was a fluke, right? Right?...

Yeah, me too. I'm all for making a buck but in the long run

we're just cutting our own throats if we want a good product

at a reasonable priced. Of course, it was just one bottle so

maybe it was a fluke, right? Right?...

I'll let you know after I list mine.

Hating to sound like a contrarian, did the thought that the buyers were equally if not more to blame than the sellers themselves? I didn't stay awake a lot in econ, but something about supply and demand did stick; ergo without buyers to throw stupid money at an object, the price of said object shall not rise.

I may have mentioned that ETL doesn't typically make it into my bunker but this 15 year release quickly made it to my best of 2010 list. If they could find more of this, they should add an ETL bottle to the BTAC lineup.

As far as the BTAC is concerned, that's exactly what I've been saying for the last year. Listen up, Buffalo Trace~!

BT has never done a BTAC bottling with Mash Bill #2, correct? Do they seem to think it doesn't handle aging over a certain time frame very well? Judging by the great reviews in this thread it seems like it might be popular. IMO especially if it was 100 proof or above...

BT has never done a BTAC bottling with Mash Bill #2, correct? Do they seem to think it doesn't handle aging over a certain time frame very well? Judging by the great reviews in this thread it seems like it might be popular. IMO especially if it was 100 proof or above...

Just the thought of a 15 year old 100+ proof ETL has me salivating.

Always remember that prices on E-Bay are artifically high because it is the only way that people in "do not ship" states can get hard to find juice.

Does SB have a "Members Only" forum? If so, I was unaware

of it but would make a note of it for future reference.

I wouldn't worry too much about whether the information is available to non members. At least a couple of the people who are whoring out bottles are long time members of the site, so it doesn't matter which section you post in.

There are a lot of forum members who sell on ebay- I have seriously considered it and only stopped myself because I don't need the money that much and I like to trade the stuff I might not want but that will be valuable fair and square to someone else who might want it! That's what I call good business practice! :grin:

I don't have any problem admitting that I've considered ebay, and I probably will when gold foil hirsch is suddenly worth 500 bucks! I don't know where all the hatred comes from exactly- we're a consumer society driven by supply and demand. I also wish the law was more lax and people didn't feel the need to hide their accounts or straight lie about whether or not they sell.

Tough world! Anyone want to hazard a guess to when the federal government WILL relax liquor auction laws?

Tough world! Anyone want to hazard a guess to when the federal government WILL relax liquor auction laws?

Aren't they state laws?

fed tax has been paid... states want their due which creates the issues. Given state and local budget woes things will most likely be tougher before they are better....

I have no regrets.

And this post would have made more semse had I quoted the post I was referring to.

Oh lord no don't make it a BTAC. That will double the price.

agree, $80 for this would not be good

• 4 weeks later...

i got 2 bottles hoping it would be awesome, because i generally really dig etl, and it's maybe a little better than the regular etl by my palate, but unfortunately (fortunately?) i got a reasonable deal on the old black label etl, and that smoked both, no clue on the age of the regular etl or the old black label issue. cheers

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.