E.H Taylor Bourbons

cgbakerjr
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

So, did they crack the Tayor code 7 years before taking over the brand or are these honey barrels from the stock they got from Beam?

IIRC, when the deal was forged for the trade of Effen for Old Taylor, part of the contract was for Beam to supply a number of years of 6YR old bourbon for the Old Taylor brand. If anyone else remembers differently, please chime in. I just remember thinking how ludicrous it seemed to trade 6YR old bourbon for a vodka.

The whiskey BT received in 2009 from Beam to continue the current Old Taylor product has nothing to do with this new product or the 'natural' souring experiment. There was no reporting at the time of Beam receiving any actual Effen product, just the brand. Beam was not 'making Old Taylor.' They were bottling standard Beam-recipe bourbon under the Old Taylor brand. That was and is Old Taylor. This is Col. E. H. Taylor Jr., a reboot of the brand.

Thanks for the info Chuck! I think I'll try to pick up some myself. If I want BTAC, I'll go to Oscar's house. :lol:

I'll be getting a bottle of Col E H Taylor.

Like Eminem said in the commercial, it's what we do.

But I would like to know if this is from the Beam stock that BT received or something that BT distilled in 2002 when they didn't own the Taylor label and didn't know they would be getting it.

It is not from the Beam stock that BT received. It is something that BT distilled in 2002 when they didn't own the Taylor label and didn't know they would be getting it.

It is not from the Beam stock that BT received.

Well then that is good news.

BTW Good Morning fellow old guy, looks like the yougsters are still sleeping in.

Well then that is good news.

BTW Good Morning fellow old guy, looks like the yougsters are still sleeping in.

I wish my youngster was still sleeping in.:22:

Thanks for satisfying the geek in me, Chuck. I am definitely interested in this release, especially if it is cheaper than BTEC or BTAC. In the meantime, I look forward to the advance reviews.

With regard to the release date and when you will see

E.H. Taylor Jr. Bourbon on the shelves that Craig asked, Buffalo Trace Distillery told us this morning that it will be out in the next 3 to 4 weeks.

You may have a better chance of finding it Kentucky, but it will be released across the USA...though in some markets there might only be a bottle or two, similar to the Experimental Collection.

More details here - E.H. Taylor Jr. Bourbon

We're looking forward to this!

it looks like they are trying to do an annual release of something special that we will want to bunker and create a buzz for them.

Been sniffing it out and here's what I have found.

None will be available in MI.

Only 30 cases are produced.

And yes it does look like a buzz creation for BT.

But you have to give BT credit in the fact that they realize that in today's market buzz is worth more than money.

Only 30 cases are produced.

Where did you find that? That's only 2 maybe 3 barrels hardly seems worth the cost of designing that elaborate of a package.

Where did you find that? That's only 2 maybe 3 barrels hardly seems worth the cost of designing that elaborate of a package.

Unless that bottle is going to be used for all of the E. H. Taylor bourbons.

hardly seems worth the cost of designing that elaborate of a package.

At first thought yes, but see previous post below.

And yes it does look like a buzz creation for BT.

But you have to give BT credit in the fact that they realize that in today's market buzz is worth more than money.

Unless that bottle is going to be used for all of the E. H. Taylor bourbons.

"This Old Fashioned Sour Mash Bourbon is the first of several new

E.H. Taylor, Jr. whiskeys to be released over the next few years."

Would they use the same packaging for what I'm assuming (I know,

I know) are different future releases if it wasn't the same stuff?...

Not unless they are all Bottled in Bond and the same age...

Like Tom, I was told they'll start shipping in 3 to 4 week. Start talking to your whiskey monger now if you want to secure a bottle.

All they will say about quantity and distribution is that it will be like a BTEC release. As for the packaging, I assume this is a platform they're creating and future releases will have a family resemblance. There will be no change to the existing Old Taylor, which will continue as is.

One curious thing is that they won't disclose which rye-recipe bourbon mash bill they used for this.

All they will say about quantity and distribution is that it will be like a BTEC release. As for the packaging, I assume this is a platform they're creating and future releases will have a family resemblance.

I was talking about the bottle, not the label or box. Paper is cheap. So is ink.

Yikes, BTEC distribution is pretty much limited to Kentucky isn't it? I can count on one hand the number of BTEC bottles I've seen on the shelf in California.

Our pals in Costa Mesa would be the first and only place I would go.

Buffalo Trace would have called someone like Anchor Hocking to make the bottle. As Christian pointed out it is very likely that the shape in question already existed.... I'm curious about the labeling as well.

Oscar has a point... if BT is just trying to create buzz and popularity over the re-release of Old Taylor, this could/would do it. Plus, they may already have approved of the other labels or may not be concerned with paying the time.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.