Turkey Collection

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Here's a couple of pics of my Turkey collection.

The quality of the pics are bad but not the Turkeys.

Pic 1, Left to Right,

Top Row, Russell's Reserve old label, Russell's reserve new label, Russell's Reserve 101, 12yo split label, 12yo Gold Foil, 12yo 700ml export, 12yo 700ml export split label, Tribute, Kentucky Legend 101, Kentucky Legend Barrel Proof, Tradition, Freedom, 8yo 101, Old No 8, 8yo 101 1 liter export, 101 old label, 101 new label, 1855 Reserve, Rare Breed

Middle Row, Sherry Signature 1 liter export, 81, 80, 80 old label, 86.8 700ml export, 86.8, Rye 101 old label, Rye 101, Russell's Reserve Rye old label, Russell's Reserve Rye, American Honey, WT Liqueur

Bottom Row, Stampede, Kentucky Spirit, Master Distiller Selection, 17 year old, Wedgwood Crystal, American Spirit, Bacarat Crystal, Tradition, Heritage, Tribute export

Pic 2 is a close up of the Wedgwood and Bacarat crystals

post-1534-14489817348633_thumb.jpg

post-1534-14489817348874_thumb.jpg

Great Picture Oscar...looks like you're very close to completing the set! :cool:

Great Picture Oscar...looks like you're very close to completing the set! :cool:

I am jonesing for an 86.8 with the 7yo age statement.

Now that is how the man rolls.

I don't know any other way.

Looks like you need an Australian edition of American Spirit ;)

If you say so, send it my way and I'll send you lots of bottles your way.

PM me.

N-I-C-E. :bowdown: you don't collect the ceramic decanters?

btw, question for you and others: the lead crystal decanters - isn't it unsafe to drink whiskey (or anything) that has been in it for a long time?

I am jonesing for an 86.8 with the 7yo age statement.

Sorry man, I opened and shared mine at the festival last year.

Sorry man, I opened and shared mine at the festival last year.

That's to bad because a better party could have been at my place,... oh well live and learn,... you will learn won't you?

Wow, I thought I was the only one with one of the old Wild Turkey Liquer with honey bottles. Which do you like better, the old 30% or the new 35.5%?

It just occurred to me that Wild Turkey now has 71, 81 and 101 proof liquors.

That's to bad because a better party could have been at my place,... oh well live and learn,... you will learn won't you?

Yo... I'm a quick learner! When's the party? :cool:

DSC00724.JPG

Wow, I thought I was the only one with one of the old Wild Turkey Liquer with honey bottles. Which do you like better, the old 30% or the new 35.5%?

Definately the old one...... by a long shot!

That collection is a thing of beauty, Oscar. Thanks for sharing!

Oscar,

awesome setup mate!! good to see you tracked down a Freedom!

love the labels on the 81 and 101.

been temped a few times on a wedgewood, but decided not to pull the trigger. I saw a 12yo La Fayette Cuvee edition not that long ago but the label was damaged, thought I have no more room where my Turkeys are!!!

I'm with Cam, the old honey liqueur is better than the American Honey.

Scott

When does these get dronk?

I am in AWE, obviously, but ...

Just curious. I've found some 8/101 in handles and decanters. My fiance LOVES the shit. Her favorite bourbon. So that shit is getting dronk. Neat, btw. I can't help it, and I'm glad to pour it for her.

I'm not mocking Oscar at all. I just don't understand the meaning behind these displays. I've seen similar elsewhere.

When does one drink them?

Does one simply wait to get multiple bottles?

He's posted elsewhere that he keeps one for a collection, than buys additional bottles to drink.

He can certainly speak for himself, and I don't know him outside of this board, but it's pretty clear from his posts that the dude is not averse to drinking some bourbon now and again.

It's called a collection.

I heard that some people buy postal stamps, then they don't even use them to send letters. They just put them in books and look at them.

Man, people really are strange. :rolleyes:

A. I just don't understand the meaning behind these displays. I've seen similar elsewhere.

B. When does one drink them?

A.It's just a collection for the sake of collecting.

A lot of folks collect things. I knew a guy that had thousands of matchbooks from all over the world.

I tried stamp collecting but the glue on the back taste bad so I switched to bourbon.

As far as the display goes I just assumed that with this being a bourbon forum that some of the members would like to see it.

Also it beats the hell out of television.

B. They are in the rotation. I have about 250 bottles so it will take a while to get to the "one onlys" and/or "twos".

Also this stuff is loaded with alcohol so I can only savor so much at a time.

BTW, not that anyone asked, but I have a line on three other botles that I have been chasing that are not in the pic.

It looks real good.

When does one drink them?

Here is a pic of my recylce bin.

I just emptied it a few weeks ago so there's not much here for this pic but I thought I'd display it anyway.

post-1534-14489817357806_thumb.jpg

I appreciate the collection picture myself. It lets me see what the older stuff looks like, and what to look for when hunting around!

I did find an older RR 90, I think from '06, no dimple in the bottom of the bottle, and another RR 90 which has the dimple and raised signature, but old label. They are both in the cabinet to be sampled!

Look, it is apparent to all of us that the particular collection took (a) hard work (B) persistence, © patience and (d) luck to accumulate. It's beautiful to behold.

I just lack the discipline to save amazing old bottles. I meant no offense in asking why they're being saved and I hope none was taken.

My point was mainly that I would not have Oscar's willpower. But it appears, from his trashbin, that it's not so much a question of willpower but of collecting prowess. He can not drink those bottles because he has so many other amazing bottles to choose from.

Something for us noobs to aspire to.

BTW, not that anyone asked, but I have a line on three other botles that I have been chasing that are not in the pic.

It looks real good.

C'man man, now ya got me thinking!! Spill!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.