Turkey Collection

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

yeah! fantastic collection. there is an older 12 year that i posted a pic of last year, it had a tax stamp and i believe it was the first, before the early 90s copper metallic label. im missing the split label export 12 myself. any word on the rrsb?

• 4 months later...

I added today on left rack third shelf right side (see posts 54 & 56) a Wild Turkey 13yo.

rsz_wt_13_b_zps7d5d48c3.jpg

awesome collection; so which bottle of WT is your most prized?

Real thing of beauty Oscar!Have you tried either the 12 or 13 year exports yet,wondering how they stack up?

Oscar, there's a slim chance I'll be at next year's Sampler, so if you're still chasing one of our 'Aussie release' bottles then let me know.

Also, depending on how you collect, this may or may not be of interest....

If you collect for the packaging, we had these in a limited release last year -

http://www.nicks.com.au/Product/View/Wild-Turkey-Kentucky-Spirit-Single-Barrel-Bourbon-Whiskey-(750ml)/488769

Nothing different about the whiskey, but the packaging was unique to our market. Same with the wooden boxes that the American Spirit came in several years ago. The Aussie and Japan release had details on the number of bottles released to each market.

awesome collection; so which bottle of WT is your most prized?

Judging by what I have tasted then I'd say the Kentucky Legend Barrel Proof Single Barrel.

I have not had any but those that have say the Master Distiller Selection 14yo 107prf is the best Turkey ever.

Real thing of beauty Oscar!Have you tried either the 12 or 13 year exports yet,wondering how they stack up?

Just got the one 13yo in yesterday, btw it is only 91prf.

The 12yo's are different, I like the US version better than the Japan export.

Oscar, there's a slim chance I'll be at next year's Sampler, so if you're still chasing one of our 'Aussie release' bottles,..............

I'd like to have that WTKS box, it looks cool but the bottle inside I assume is the same as we get here.

What I do need is the new label 86.8, here's what it looks like.

86_8WT__zps119285b2.jpg

I'll let you know when the trip is booked... or not. If it is, I'm more than happy to throw one in the suit case for you.

Glad to see the 13 finally arrived! I had the privilege of visiting the shrine again on Saturday and the pictures, as great as they are, don't do it justice.

Glad to see the 13 finally arrived!

It was at the Jackson post office since June 20.

I had my mail stopped while on vacation in KY and they delivered everything when I got back except the WT13.

I'll let you know when the trip is booked... or not. If it is, I'm more than happy to throw one in the suit case for you.

I won't be there but if you are I'm sure an SB.com'er from MI or OH will pick it up for me.

Thanks again.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.