What Beer are you drinking summer 2011

HipFlask
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I finally found a bottle of Samuel Smith Yorkshire Stingo. I'm looking forward to trying this one!

Me, too! Cost an arm and a leg!

Me, too! Cost an arm and a leg!

Haha I know...$11.99 here for a bottle of beer seems excessive. I'm drinking it right now though, and it is fantastic. Very well balanced, great flavor, with malty, light caramel, citrus, and apple flavors coming through to me. A very rich beer.

Recently my brother gave me some of a growler of watermelon ale that he got from the Thomas Hooker brewery and it was quite good despite sounding awful. Sadly they don't sell this anywhere by me but I found something similar called Hell or High Watermelon from 21st Amendment brewery, which is almost as good. Been kind of taking a break from bourbon and rye, for the past few months it's just been beer and tequila.

I'm sorry, but I couldn't wait any longer. Pulled the trigger on a case of Sam Adams Octoberfest from Costco, and am a couple into it. They really do a spectacular job with this Seasonal.

This afternoon was a scorcher, surpassing 100 F. I had a nice, cold Sol. Not a great beer, but certainly a great thirst quencher.

Tim

I'm sorry, but I couldn't wait any longer. Pulled the trigger on a case of Sam Adams Octoberfest from Costco, and am a couple into it. They really do a spectacular job with this Seasonal.

Thanks, Joe. I have been waiting for this report. I'm a fan, too, and look forward to tasting it.

Marna

I think it's a good seasonal beer too, but I have to wait until football season officially begins to start drinking this (and no, preseason doesn't count!). :lol:

I think it's a good seasonal beer too, but I have to wait until football season officially begins to start drinking this (and no, preseason doesn't count!). :lol:

I just couldn't help it, Jack. Like I've said before, my daughter's sheltie has more self-control than I do! :D

Broke my Guinness fixation tonight. Well, partly, I still came away with two of the imported bottles instead of the 12 oz bottles. Also found some Westmalle tripel, Samuel Smith Taddy porter and some Saint Arnold at the local Majestic.

Broke my Guinness fixation tonight. Well, partly, I still came away with two of the imported bottles instead of the 12 oz bottles. Also found some Westmalle tripel, Samuel Smith Taddy porter and some Saint Arnold at the local Majestic.

Haven't tried the other two, but the Taddy Porter is great.

Mama's Little Yella Pils, courtesy of Oskar Blues. Yet another great beer from them, enjoyed it before and certainly am now.

Mama's Little Yella Pils and Dale's Pale Ale while sitting at the pool and then a Modelo Especial with dinner.

More Mama' Little Yella Pils at the pool (to take a break from the EW BIB that I was sipping on) and now drinking another Dale's Pale Ale while watching the Ranger's game.

My friend stopped over with some coffee beans we ordered from him. He roasts and sells small amounts for fun and is starting to get a small following locally.

He brought with him the newest Stone Collaboration - Cherry Chocolate Stout. I did not read the label beyond looking at the brewers and I poured us two glasses in some LaChouffe glasses. (I'm not sure what that shape is called).

Anyways, I picked up the cherry and the chocolate right away. The cherry had that nice unsweetened lambic kind of cherry taste but the tartness and acidity were tempered nicely by the stout and chocolate.

Run, don't walk. I'm going hunting this week. This is stash worthy. The best new beer I have had in ages.

Mama's Little Yella Pils, courtesy of Oskar Blues. Yet another great beer from them, enjoyed it before and certainly am now.
Mama's Little Yella Pils and Dale's Pale Ale while sitting at the pool and ... .
More Mama' Little Yella Pils at the pool (to take a break from the EW BIB that I was sipping on) and now drinking another Dale's Pale Ale while watching the Ranger's game.

I've got only one can left of each that I brought back from Colorado and they don't sell it in Illinois :rolleyes:. Oh well, back to the Founders or Three Floyds or Bells or ... :grin:.

I've got only one can left of each that I brought back from Colorado and they don't sell it in Illinois :rolleyes:. Oh well, back to the Founders or Three Floyds or Bells or ... :grin:.

How will you ever survive?!?! ;)

Why can't I find Oskar Blues products here in Chicago? What is wrong with this world?:grin: Now that we're getting some beautiful cool autumnal evenings, I'm reaching for the maltier beers and hit Sam Adams Wee Heavy last night (with a glass of Aran Single Malt, of course). Fans of Sam Adams Scotch Ale need to seek this one out.

Enjoyed a couple of Left Hand Milk Stouts after my team won the first softball game of the fall season.

Sierra Nevada Tumbler Autumn Brown Ale last night. Perhaps a tad less flavorful than I had expected but nice just the same.

Thanks to DeanSheen I tracked down a case of red label Full Sail Session lager this evening and I am enjoying one after dinner.

Had two glasses of Sam Adams Octoberfest tonight with dinner in preparation of the game between TCU and my Baylor Bears.

Had two glasses of Sam Adams Octoberfest tonight with dinner in preparation of the game between TCU and my Baylor Bears.

Brother, at least you made it until September............I.....am........weak...........

Just counted....4 left...:rolleyes:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.