What Beer are you drinking summer 2011

HipFlask
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Had a couple of ice cold Miller Lites while sitting out on the boat today...this beer always tastes better when out on the water.

Full Sail Session lager is the beer of the weekend while I tend to the pork shoulders on the smoker with college football in between.

My sister in law has started trying various beers (ales, actually) to see what she likes, and I have been giving her bottles of the ones I like. Took some to her last night, and she said she finally found a Thai beer that she likes, that she had (GASP!) poured out the Guiness I gave her because she didn't like it and that I didn't need to give her any more beer.

So very sad - I had to keep the bottles I took her last night, and will be forced, FORCED, I say, to drink them myself :cool:.

I get to keep the four pack Costco Duvel special, a bottle of Samuel Adams Oktoberfest, a bottle of Shiner, and a bottle of Saint Arnold's brown. Oh the humanity!

Recently I bought cans of Ballantine XXX, an old-line ale that was popular before the craft beer era and still sells a lot. It's very good, with a marked hoppy note (Cascade I think) and a good fresh malty taste. It tastes like a craft pale ale except a touch toned down. Excellent beer and not expensive.

Gary

Kokanee Glacier Beer, not bad for a Canadian Adjunct, very refreshing, but no real complexity to pick up on.

Sam Adams Octoberfest over dinner tonight. Better than I expected; gonna have to grab a case on the next Costco run. Can't wait to taste against Two Brothers Atom Smasher, SN Tumbler and Bell's Octoberfest.

Relaxing after a big week at work with a couple of Sierra Nevada Tumblers. They're good, but no match for Sam Adams Octoberfest. I'd take the SA over this every time.

Started with a shot of WTKS followed by New Belgium's Hoptober. It's definitely hoppy! I would prefer a little more citrus.

It's the first fire in the outdoor fireplace tonight. Listening to LSU football on the radio, while enjoying a Bell's Octoberfest. It's nice, and as I said, enjoyable. But, nothing special. Is there an O'fest beer that can challenge Sam Adams??

It's the first fire in the outdoor fireplace tonight. Listening to LSU football on the radio, while enjoying a Bell's Octoberfest. It's nice, and as I said, enjoyable. But, nothing special. Is there an O'fest beer that can challenge Sam Adams??

If you can find it, the Hofbräu Octoberfest is right up there in my book.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/4686/2011

Great Lakes' Edmund Fitzgerald while watching Da Bears' chilling bloodlust overwhelm the Falcons. :cool:

This EF may actually be the highlight of my recent Porter tastings. Richer than Anchor's, brighter than Founder's, fresher than SS Taddy. Another delicious Great Lakes offering!

This is currently available as an imported draft at the Hofbrauhaus in Newport, KY, the KY franchise of this storied German beer hall and brewery. All the beers at Newport are made locally - onsite at the location - to the original spec, monitored I understand by the Munich operation direct online, but the HB Oktoberfest is actually imported. Sometime over the coming weekend I plan to go there and check the beers out.

Gary

A Capital Supper Club, and a Great Lakes Oktoberfest. Both really good, but for tonight, I'm giving to nod to the Supper Club.

B

Cain's Bitter from Liverpool, England last night. New to these shores and worth seeking out. Also keep an eye out for their Mild Ale.

Relaxing after a big week at work with a couple of Sierra Nevada Tumblers. They're good, but no match for Sam Adams Octoberfest. I'd take the SA over this every time.

I found the Tumbler more to my liking when doing a side by side last night. Just so much delicious malt going on. Could be the ale v. lager thing, though.

I need to get north of the border to grab some New Glarus Fat Squirrel and Staghorn Octoberfest.

I found the Tumbler more to my liking when doing a side by side last night. Just so much delicious malt going on. Could be the ale v. lager thing, though.

I need to get north of the border to grab some New Glarus Fat Squirrel and Staghorn Octoberfest.

Really dig the Squirrel!

I drank some Shock Top Pumkin Wheat today but it was in the service of the company I work for.

I grabbed the Leinenkugel Summer Shandy line at a bar on Eastern Michigan's campus and hooked up my Shock Top Pumkin and they thought it was great.

I didn't tell them that both sucked, just the Leinenkugels.

Hey, I got a family to feed.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.