Parker's Heritage Collection 2011

BradleyC
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Been eying a bottle for a while now.. thanks to the wife and valentine's day I now have one. I must say.. I am tempted to purchase another. The Cognac really plays well with the bourbon. Great dessert pour.

Been eying a bottle for a while now.. thanks to the wife and valentine's day I now have one. I must say.. I am tempted to purchase another. The Cognac really plays well with the bourbon. Great dessert pour.

I have a new bottle waiting for me at home, I can't wait to get home and dig into it. :grin:

I bought two bottles and opened one for my b-day. I loved it, and I think it's an epic bourbon. I had a friend come over and try it, and now he's hooked.

The more I sipped at it, the more I began to believe it has more to do with "unchill-filtered" than the cognac finish. it's the mouth-feel, rich, creamy, goodness. So full of flavor.

When I learned that it's basically Evan Williams Single barrel, I sampled my 2001 and the flavor profile isn't even close.

With 700,000 plus barrels aging, I wonder what they'll spring on us this year?:grin:

• 2 months later...

@Hawg73: Hey, is that Don Birnam in your avatar? One of my all-time faves.

So is the PHC Cognac, by the way.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally tried this last night. Not bad, but I don't think I'll be looking to get my own bottle. Will revisit tonight to be sure.

@Hawg73: Hey, is that Don Birnam in your avatar? One of my all-time faves.

So is the PHC Cognac, by the way.

I enjoy the PHC Cognac as well. I know I'm probably in the minority though.

A one bottle purchase.... Interesting but ..... Well just interesting

Same for me Reid. If I want Cognac, I'll drink Cognac. One and done for this guy.

I bought two bottles and am glad that I got two.....but won't be purchasing any more. There have been a couple of nights when this one just really hits the spot, but I have to be in the right mood for it.

I bought two bottles and am glad that I got two.....but won't be purchasing any more. There have been a couple of nights when this one just really hits the spot, but I have to be in the right mood for it.

I'm in this two bottle camp as well. It's a right mood / right palate thing.

Another reason why it's an advantage to have several expressions to choose from off our shelf. One never knows which bottle might hit the sweet spot and it sure is fun trying to find out!

For me brother, "interesting" whiskey is worth it's weight in Gold. I don't think the finished bourbons that are popping up are necessarily intended to be "everydayers". But, when that "mood" is right, they can be spectacular. There definitely is a time and place for them. I have a few myself, and will be seeking more. I really enjoy this whiskey.

• 3 weeks later...

Any idea when we'll figure out what the 2012 will be? I know it is released in the fall, but when do they usually spill the beans on what's coming?

Any idea when we'll figure out what the 2012 will be? I know it is released in the fall, but when do they usually spill the beans on what's coming?

Dave, I believe earlier releases have been "leaked" around August. Though, I think there has been some relatively educated guesses on it somewhere in here.

Dave, I believe earlier releases have been "leaked" around August. Though, I think there has been some relatively educated guesses on it somewhere in here.

Interesting, I'll keep poking around.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.