Pappy fall allocation

StraightNoChaser
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I got a handle in my garage.:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

I'll pick up Amy and be right over! Wait a minute, you don't have a lock on that garage door. Maybe you should take Liz out to dinner tonight.:rolleyes:

I'll pick up Amy and be right over! Wait a minute, you don't have a lock on that garage door. Maybe you should take Liz out to dinner tonight.:rolleyes:

My garage is guarded by ferocious feral cats and bad electrical wiring. I'd be careful if I were you!:grin:

• 1 month later...

I missed the Fall allocation. Everyplace I visited had some variation of, "We only got a couple of bottles, and had TEN MILLION PEOPLE on the waiting list. So I had given up on seeing anyPappy for awhile.

Today, I stopped in at one of the places I like to buy from. I asked, "Will y'all be getting any of the Spring allocation of the Pappys this year?"

He said, "I've got Van Winkles," very matter of factly, "let me show you what I've got."

I followed him into his office, and he had a LotB, a 20, a 23 and a Rye. I was completely speechless, but managed to finally ask, "Would you be willing to part with all four of them?"

He said yes, today he would. Apparently someone else had asked him to hold a couple of bottles and never showed up.

Probably didn't hurt that I spend a lot of money in there either. :cool:

I was really pleased with the prices:

LotB was $65

20yo was $125

Rye was $70

23yo was the only disappointment at $300

2012 is looking better all the time.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.