Pappy fall allocation

StraightNoChaser
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Bottling for the fall release has begun. Once everything is bottled, the allocations will be released. We will announce as shipments go out to each market.

Just posted on Facebook. Here we go again!

I want 2 bottles of VWFRR

That is all. I can then be happy(ier).

I've already started making the calls to our local store buddies to put me on the list!

I have put myself on the list of IHAGTTPONGAFF...

I now fell like Linus after questioning "if" the Great Pumpkin is coming... "I'm Dooooommmmmed " :)

• 1 month later...
As soon as we are finished bottling we will begin releasing the fall allocation. Approximately two to three weeks.

Posted five minutes ago on the ORVW Facebook page.

Ok, educate me guys. Are these the Pappy 15s? Are they getting ready to release a round? If so, is this still SW juice?

Thanks!

Josh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, educate me guys. Are these the Pappy 15s? Are they getting ready to release a round? If so, is this still SW juice?

Thanks!

Josh

There are a couple of marques that will come out. As far as we know, the 20 and 23 will definitely be SW juice. It's uncertain whether or not they've switched to using BT juice for the 15 yr yet. The rye and 10 yrs will not be SW at all.

There are a couple of marques that will come out. As far as we know, the 20 and 23 will definitely be SW juice. It's uncertain whether or not they've switched to using BT juice for the 15 yr yet. The rye and 10 yrs will not be SW at all.

Anyone know if they will switch the 15 to ORVW when it goes BT or will it be a mystery when they switch?

It's been verified by Julian himself that this Fall allocation since it's still in the Pappy style bottle is original SW juice.

It's been verified by Julian himself that this Fall allocation since it's still in the Pappy style bottle is original SW juice.

When/where? I haven't seen anything where they came flatout and said it was SW juice or not.

This gets funnier and funnier each release cycle.

Ohh there is gonna be some crazy stuff going down when Julian finally comes out and says 'No More SW for you!'.

"Channel 5 is now reporting that a man has taken hostages and is demanding a case of 'Old Rip Van Winkle Pappy 15'." I mean, that's just nuts!

But according to my buyer at K&L, Harlan from BT came to the LA store and did confirm that this release (apparently a small amount of spring release was too) will be a blend of SW and BT juice for the 15 year. The 20 and 23 should have 2 more years of juice left, but the 15 is going to be slowly reworked until there's no more SW left in it.

We'll see what they do from a branding perspective though.

I try and post items in the Industry News forum. With all the speculation about the provenance of Pappy 15 earlier this year, I sent Julian a pm asking him about the Pappy 15. This was his reply. Cheers! Joe

Joe, if your question is, "Is the 15 year out now Stitzel-Weller whiskey"? Yes it is this year. Not sure about next year yet.

I try and post items in the Industry News forum. With all the speculation about the provenance of Pappy 15 earlier this year, I sent Julian a pm asking him about the Pappy 15. This was his reply. Cheers! Joe

Joe, if your question is, "Is the 15 year out now Stitzel-Weller whiskey"? Yes it is this year. Not sure about next year yet.

Nice work Joe. Can we post that reply somewhere? If I had a nickle for every time this question is asked I could buy a bottle!

I enjoy the fuss. I like the challenge of obtaining some bottles. I don't like the back and forth on the provenance, though. That's just ridiculous. I blame the source for that - not sure why it should be a question.

I was talking to a clerk at a local store, and he mentioned that last year's allocation of premium bourbons, including Pappy and GTS was hijacked, which I knew about, and that hijackers also got three trailer loads of Dr. Pepper.

I shudder to think these hijackers may be drinking Pappy and Dr. Pepper cocktails.

I hope this year's allocation makes it through...

I was talking to a clerk at a local store, and he mentioned that last year's allocation of premium bourbons, including Pappy and GTS was hijacked, which I knew about, and that hijackers also got three trailer loads of Dr. Pepper.

I shudder to think these hijackers may be drinking Pappy and Dr. Pepper cocktails.

Really? It's come to this, hijacking high end bourbon deliveries?

Dr. Pepper was originally a Texas product I believe. Must still be pretty popular down there. The logistics of stealing a beverage truck, moving all the cans, and selling them for a profit are a little baffling to me unless you own vending machines or it's an insurance job.

Dr. Pepper was originally a Texas product I believe. Must still be pretty popular down there. The logistics of stealing a beverage truck, moving all the cans, and selling them for a profit are a little baffling to me unless you own vending machines or it's an insurance job.

There are a few members in the Dallas/North Texas area that would be on my short list of suspects! :lol:

It would be easy to hijack such a vehicle with the help of someone who already drives, say, a beer truck for a living. If I only knew such a person.

It would be easy to hijack such a vehicle with the help of someone who already drives, say, a beer truck for a living. If I only knew such a person.

When the liquor delivery guy is in the store I always jump in his truck to see if he has anything good but no luck.

Yep. Saw a story yesterday that said the Dallas / Fort Worth metroplex was "a hub of cargo theft." Damn idiots had better leave my Pappy alone this year. As far as I'm concerned, they can HAVE the Dr. Pepper.

Apparently, the thieves work fast and efficiently, as the empty trailers are usually found mere hours later.

Dr. Pepper was originally a Texas product I believe. .... The logistics of stealing a beverage truck, moving all the cans, and selling them for a profit are a little baffling to me ....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.