2011 Btac

autiger23
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Looks as it's just about that time and about to hit the shelves soon. John Hansell just posted this.

I did not see this posted anywhere in a search, looks as if GTS is 142.6, WLW is 133.5(hardest to read) and TH is 128.6.

post-6398-14489817519381_thumb.jpg

George T. Stagg

The 2010 release of this long-time favorite was named “Spirit of the Year” by F. Paul Pacult in the 2011 Spirit Journal. The 2011 George T. Stagg was found in Warehouses H, I, and K. This uncut, unfiltered bourbon was distilled back in the winter of 1993 and weighs in at 142.6 proof—some bold stuff! This whiskey tastes of espresso, chocolate and vanilla.

William Larue Weller

William Larue Weller is the Antique Collection’s uncut, unfiltered, wheated recipe bourbon. The previous edition was named “Bourbon of the Year” in Jim Murray’s 2011 Whisky Bible. The 2011 offering was distilled in the summer of 1998 and aged on the fourth and fifth floors of Warehouses N, O, and P. This William Larue Weller release registers in at 133.5 proof – a lot stronger than last year! It tastes of honey, caramel, light toffee and pipe tobacco.

Thomas H. Handy Sazerac Rye

Thomas H. Handy Sazerac Rye is an uncut and unfiltered straight rye whiskey. The 2010 edition was named “Rye Whiskey of the Year” by Jim Murray in his 2011 Whisky Bible. This year’s Handy was distilled in the spring of 2005, aged on the sixth floor of Warehouse K and weighs in at 128.6 proof. The flavor has been described as “Christmas cake and allspice. Bold and yummy.”

Per the Bourbondork. Thanks for the info

George T. Stagg

The 2010 release of this long-time favorite was named “Spirit of the Year†by F. Paul Pacult in the 2011 Spirit Journal. The 2011 George T. Stagg was found in Warehouses H, I, and K. This uncut, unfiltered bourbon was distilled back in the winter of 1993 and weighs in at 142.6 proof—some bold stuff! This whiskey tastes of espresso, chocolate and vanilla.

William Larue Weller

William Larue Weller is the Antique Collection’s uncut, unfiltered, wheated recipe bourbon. The previous edition was named “Bourbon of the Year†in Jim Murray’s 2011 Whisky Bible. The 2011 offering was distilled in the summer of 1998 and aged on the fourth and fifth floors of Warehouses N, O, and P. This William Larue Weller release registers in at 133.5 proof – a lot stronger than last year! It tastes of honey, caramel, light toffee and pipe tobacco.

Thomas H. Handy Sazerac Rye

Thomas H. Handy Sazerac Rye is an uncut and unfiltered straight rye whiskey. The 2010 edition was named “Rye Whiskey of the Year†by Jim Murray in his 2011 Whisky Bible. This year’s Handy was distilled in the spring of 2005, aged on the sixth floor of Warehouse K and weighs in at 128.6 proof. The flavor has been described as “Christmas cake and allspice. Bold and yummy.â€

Per the Bourbondork. Thanks for the info

So are these the only 3 released this year or is it all 5 again?

There are 5.

The Sazerac 18 is the same 20 year old juice that they have been delving out of stainless for a number of years now.

I just skipped over the ER17. Sorry about that. Here you go:

Eagle Rare 17 Year Old

The previous edition of this bourbon was honored with a Gold Medal at the 2011 San Francisco World Spirits Competition. The 2011 edition was distilled in the Spring of 1993 and has been aging on the 2nd, 3rd and 6th floors of Warehouses I and K. After 18 years and 7 months of aging under its belt, it brings to the table notes of leather, vanilla and tobacco.

I would have a better chance of finding a Martian than any of those blessed bottles in my area. In fact I have never been able to locate any online stores that have any in stock.

I envy you guys have fun.

DANG THE LUCK...I just discovered the neighbor's son-in-law reps for the BT distributor in this area and could tip me off to the arrival of these blessed spirits and I'm moving to Colorado.

On the other, while in Colorado house hunting I discovered several bottles of each of the 2010 edition still on the shelf at decent prices at one of the local suppliers of spirits. I'm looking forward to the new edition.

G.H.

Perhaps once I get out to Colorado, if the supply is still there I could see about getting you a rare collectible bottle or two; the value of which is in the rarity and collector value of the bottle and has nothing to do with the unopened contents :rolleyes:

DANG THE LUCK...I just discovered the neighbor's son-in-law reps for the BT distributor in this area and could tip me off to the arrival of these blessed spirits and I'm moving to Colorado.

On the other, while in Colorado house hunting I discovered several bottles of each of the 2010 edition still on the shelf at decent prices at one of the local suppliers of spirits. I'm looking forward to the new edition.

Did you find those in downtown Colorado Springs? I left some on the shelf at a place and if you got them great, if not I'll go grab them.

MissinER101

That sounds like a plan. Another member sent me a PM with an online dealer that usually has some.

When I get back from vacation I will have to do some checking. Also good luck in the move to Colorado. It's a beautiful state that I have visited several times. I live in southeast New Mexico so depending it's not a real long drive.

Any idea of a release date? My local store got a few bottles of GTS last year, of which I missed out, and received none of the others. I drive down to cork n bottle and party source every 4-6 weeks, but I feel like I get interrogated before they decide if I'm worthy of anything "in the back".

Did you find those in downtown Colorado Springs? I left some on the shelf at a place and if you got them great, if not I'll go grab them.

Not C.S., over the mountain and a tad north, next to the Mormons :rolleyes: so your leavings should still be there unless someone else got 'em.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like I can special order these in PA!!!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: They are going for $59.99....how is that price? Now I just have to decide between the Weller and the Stagg......oh what to do......

Looks like I can special order these in PA!!!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: They are going for $59.99....how is that price? Now I just have to decide between the Weller and the Stagg......oh what to do......
[QUOTE][/QUOTE]

At that price get both.

72 bucks here last year.

Good luck getting them to actually fill the order. If I had a nickel...I could afford BTAC just about anywhere. :grin:

• 3 weeks later...

Well I have 3 bottles of Stagg waiting for me to pickup... at $79.99, $10 a bottle more than last year. Then I talked to another store who hasn't gotten them in yet who quoted me even higher, stipulating that they would only be available at that price if their cost hadn't gone up from last year, but not to worry too much because their cost hadn't gone up in several years. I guess they could charge considerably more than that around here and it would still sell. Damn that supply and demand; I do hope that BT is putting away a lot more whiskey right now for their future Stagg than they were 17 years ago.

2010 Handy and ER17 are collecting dust on the top shelf of my local store, pretty much invisible to anyone shorter than 6'2", which happens to be my height :) They just appeared out of nowhere a couple of months ago. Stock from the back or a special opportunity from their wholesaler?

Two stores in this area still have plenty of the whole line from last year at $79.

Does anyone have the spec sheet for the 2011 William Larue Weller?

And has anyone tasted it yet?

I did have some 2011 GTS yesterday and my initial impression is that I favor 2010.

And has anyone tasted it yet?

I did have some 2011 GTS yesterday and my initial impression is that I favor 2010.

I like the Stagg '10 better, but I think the Stagg '11 is quite good. Less sweet and buttery than '10 - I got substantially more cherry notes on the palate and finish, as well as more overall rye presence. I'm also hitting the bottle at an alarming rate...

I'm also hitting the bottle at an alarming rate...

No shame in that. I was so excited to get mine yesterday I did the same. Paying for it a bit today mostly from lack of sleep so I'm on the water.

Tomorrow I'll reapproach with a fresh palette. I'll be looking for that cherry.

No shame in that. I was so excited to get mine yesterday I did the same. Paying for it a bit today mostly from lack of sleep so I'm on the water.

Tomorrow I'll reapproach with a fresh palette. I'll be looking for that cherry.

I hear you on lack of sleep. I have a very fussy newborn and the small binge last night plus a refusal to sleep more than 90 minutes had me in a state no more lucid than "bleary" today. I'm also water-bound today.

I notice the cherry later in the palate, but not super late... but if you get it on the palate, to me it's massive early in the finish. It kind of bounces between cherry, black cherry, and fake cherry (think Luden's cough drops). I get that note off of some ryes from time to time and it's a favorite, but this was one of the most intense I can remember.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.