2011 Btac

autiger23
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I am so not in the mood to track these down anymore. Dallas really gets the shaft from the distributor. I heard all the Saz 18 was presold before it even got to a store

I am so not in the mood to track these down anymore. Dallas really gets the shaft from the distributor. I heard all the Saz 18 was presold before it even got to a store

I hear you. I'd love to pick up a bottle of the Weller, but the liquor store managers I've spoken to don't know what I'm talking about, have never seen it, or have no idea when/if it will show up. I just don't have the time right now. :hot:

It's such a damn rat race sometimes that I'm getting closer to that all the time.

I have thrown in the towel on Van Winkle.*

*except for the VWFRR. VWFRR I can't quit you!!!

I had the Stagg for the first time last week. Being my first, I don't know how the 2011 compares to any of the others. Although I liked it quite a bit, it just seemed that the high proof masked a lot of the flavor, even on the finish. If I get another chance, I might add an ice cube or a few drops of water to see if I can appreciate it more. The biggest problem was probably my inflated expectations.

It's such a damn rat race ...

Yep, I've got my orders in, but if I don't get it, that's more $$ to spend on something else. And I can always open a case from last year. It's about $79 in my area, and I'll not pay more. There's a LOT of really great stuff available at that price point, so I'll not pay more.

Would you pay $87 a bottle for the 2011 GTS?

Went to a store here just over the border in TN and they had the new GTS for that and $90 for the JP17 batch 7.

I initially said no but am second guessing, this place did not sell their 2 cases of GTS for over 2 months.

Would you pay $87 a bottle for the 2011 GTS?

The going price in my neck of the woods here in central IL is 79.99 IF you can find it. I'd gladly pay the extra $7 to avoid the search. It would save me lots of gas money in the long run and I'd actually come out ahead.

Just picted up a bottle of ER17 for $73. I feel lucky to have a bottle and hope it lives up to the hype. ERSB is my go-to .

I'll be picking my bottle of GTS up in the morning. Deciding if I should get a bottle of WLW tomorrow as well. I still have an unopened bottle of the 2010 release at home. Anyone compare the 2 yet?

I'll be picking my bottle of GTS up in the morning. Deciding if I should get a bottle of WLW tomorrow as well. I still have an unopened bottle of the 2010 release at home. Anyone compare the 2 yet?

(i know it does not directly answer your question)

I just did a Straight out of the bottle 2011 vs half empty 2008. Oddly enough, the 2011 was not as hot, more balanced, and better flavor than the 2008. But you know how wheaters are. I'll try again in a few weeks.

FWIW, Party Source just put some 2011 Stagg on their website for shipping only. Since I arrived about 30 min to late to get any when it was for sale at the store, I shipped a bottle back home to Columbus. It looks to be going fast, though.

I ordered one, they had WLW listed as well, but the qualtity dropped to -1 while I was trying to add one to my cart. Got the order confirmation email for the GTS. Now to be patient while waiting for shipment.

FWIW, Party Source just put some 2011 Stagg on their website for shipping only. Since I arrived about 30 min to late to get any when it was for sale at the store, I shipped a bottle back home to Columbus. It looks to be going fast, though.

I got an email this morning that all five were available. Of course, TPS is a blocked site from work. By the time I got home, only Stagg was available.

I got the same email also. By the time I logged onto the Party Source site only the Stagg was available. I ordered it and a bottle of Abraham Bowman Bourbon to even out the shipping.

Saw the ER17 today, so I know it's showing around here finally. Decided to purchase Sam Adams Octoberfest and Light instead....

Anyone opened their 2011 bottles yet? Thoughts?

:slappin: Are you kidding? I may take a really long time to empty a bottle of Stagg, but it gets opened when I get home with it.

My comparisons are limited to the 2010 bottling, but I find it significantly woodier and hotter than that. Overall I much prefer 2010. This surprises me as I generally prefer "over-wooded" whiskeys --I like the 2009 OFBB over the 2010 for that very reason.

Still, very good whiskey and I am curious to see how it changes once I get half the bottle out of it.

:slappin: Are you kidding? I may take a really long time to empty a bottle of Stagg, but it gets opened when I get home with it.

I am somewhat tempted to trade out one of my Saz18s. I like it but it's not my favorite and I figure it would be worth more to someone else.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.