2011 Btac

autiger23
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Anyone opened their 2011 bottles yet? Thoughts?

The Stagg is good; I think the more sweet, caramel notes of last year's are generally more enjoyable, but it's really good with some water or ice.

I think this year's Weller is head and shoulders above '09 and '10. It's absurdly creamy and rich with water. I'm looking for a second bottle. Love it.

I have a '11 Handy on the way; I don't think I'll be looking for Saz18 and I don't really care for ER17.

The Stagg is good; I think the more sweet, caramel notes of last year's are generally more enjoyable, but it's really good with some water or ice.

I think this year's Weller is head and shoulders above '09 and '10. It's absurdly creamy and rich with water. I'm looking for a second bottle. Love it.

I have a '11 Handy on the way; I don't think I'll be looking for Saz18 and I don't really care for ER17.

How much water? I thought the 2010 WLW didn't hold up too well with water, but I've been getting lots of positive stuff about the 2011.

How much water?...

For the higher proofs, I much prefer neat. Just smaller sips. If ya getting barrel proof, you may as well enjoy the stronger uncut flavors.

Many people do add a splash of water to tame proof. For general on higher proofs, I'd suggest never more than quarter or third water or else it gets too soft; unless you add ice or water to the 80 proofers, then ya may want more H2O.

How much water? I thought the 2010 WLW didn't hold up too well with water, but I've been getting lots of positive stuff about the 2011.

I am somewhat tempted to trade out one of my Saz18s. I like it but it's not my favorite and I figure it would be worth more to someone else.

Which year(s)?

Josh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the higher proofs, I much prefer neat. Just smaller sips. If ya getting barrel proof, you may as well enjoy the stronger uncut flavors.

Many people do add a splash of water to tame proof. For general on higher proofs, I'd suggest never more than quarter or third water or else it gets too soft; unless you add ice or water to the 80 proofers, then ya may want more H2O.

I agree, With Stagg and Weller and their high proof I usually add the equivalent of a teaspoon or so of water per dram, 2oz or so, and it usually works out perfectly. Still have the bite of cask strenght goodness but it mellows the alcohol burn a little and seems to open it up.

I would experiment with the amount of water adding a couple drops or so at a time so you can dial it in based on your personal preference.

• 2 weeks later...
Apparently Saz18 is hard to come by no matter the vintage

If any of u are in the St. Louis or Southern IL area and don't mind a 2ish hour drive I was told there is a place with 6 bottles of Saz, I assume from this year but am not sure. I will respond to PMs from contributing members with the info and u can call and double check on it yourself. They also should have some Lot B as well but no idea how much.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.