What Bourbon did you purchase today? - Fall 2011

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Picked up a few bottles this morning:

1x WLW 117.9 proof (is this the 2007 bottling?)

1x Leopold Bros.

1x FR Mariage 2008

1x Distillers' Masterpiece (20y/o boubon finished in port wine casks)

The first three are for me and the fourth is a pick up for a friend.

post-6748-14489817536894_thumb.jpg

Picked up a few bottles this morning:

1x Leopold Bros.

1x FR Mariage 2008

1x Distillers' Masterpiece (20y/o boubon finished in port wine casks)

The first three are for me and the fourth is a pick up for a friend.

Nice work Dude!

Yes that is a 2007 Larue also my favorite.

And the 4R '08 Mariage is a killer bottle, I am envious.

Well, dummy me. Forgot to get a replacement for my recently departed OGD114. Learned this the hard way when I went to hit it last night. :(. So, picked one of these beauties up today. Also, since I have so thoroughly enjoyed my recently purchased bottle of Leopold's ASBW, I decided to get 2 more. :)

Stopped by Liquor Barn in Louisville yesterday and am taking several things home to IL.

OFBB 2011

Old Ezra 7

Abraham Bowman

Hancock's

AAA 10 year

Also picked up a bottle of BT at the distillery gift shop with the Buffalo nickel glued on and the sticker with ETL's signature.

A few days late, but last week I picked up 2 bottes of WT101. Didn't have any around, and with a group expected in a few weeks I need to have all the staples.

Tonight I got a bottle of E.H Taylor Single Barrel BIB bourbon. I bought a bottle of the original release earlier this year and had to get a bottle of this. I like old Taylor a lot and think the brand has a great future if it is done right!

Thomas

Evan Williams Single Barrel 86.6 proof. Barreled on 11-10-99. Barrel No 403. Bottled on 6-1-09.

This is my first bottle of Evan Williams and you can see that I have already "popped the cherry". I normally drink Bulleitt but wanted to try something new. I like it.

post-2838-14489817538261_thumb.jpg

Where in God's name do you live such that you can just walk into a store in 2011 and grab a 2007 WLW!?!? That's SO unfair!

LA (hell, the entire west coast) never has amazing finds like this!

For the record, very well done, Sir. :)

Where in God's name do you live such that you can just walk into a store in 2011 and grab a 2007 WLW!?!? That's SO unfair!

So unfair, I'd have to agree except that I did exactly that within the past year.

This was in a store that didn't have any WLW or BTAC on its shelves then one day a WLW 117.9 appeared.

I understand why people really love this bottle. Its great.

I'd beg to differ...some of the best "dusty" finds posted here have come from the west coast and LA specificly...you're not looking hard enough as I know for a fact that there are plenty of "dusty" bottles sitting on the shelves of stores in the LA area.

I picked up a bottle of 2010 WLW yesterday...it was the last one that I know of in the area and I hadn't gotten one yet. I guess I'll continue my WLW collection for another year. ;)

No purchase, but I did stop in at a few places this morning to beg and plead for them to save me some PVW15....

So unfair, I'd have to agree except that I did exactly that within the past year.

Me three. Found a lonely 2007 WLW on a shelf not long ago. It was the only BTAC there. I haven't opened it yet, but it sure looks tasty. :cool:

Could probably put this in the "Wee Dram category, but...

Went the Canadian route and got a 375 of Canadian Club 10 Year, and 750 of Crown Royal Cask 16 750.

Haven't spent much time with the CC10: the one pour I had was so-so, which is what I expected. It'll be a decent mixer, or one to put on the rocks while I'm cooking, cutting onions and not thinking about nosing fine whiskey.

The CRCask16 is a great whiskey. A splash of water really took the winey note over to a sweet, creamy, great pour.

I wish more distilleries were willing to do some aging in cognac or sherry casks like some of the Canadians and many of the scotches do.

No purchase, but I did stop in at a few places this morning to beg and plead for them to save me some PVW15....

Picked me up a bottle of the Four Roses Small Batch 2011 Limited Edition off the garage porch today.

Who says the US Government isn't doing their job?:cool:

I hope you got some promising responses!

Both places gave me the old "Our guy who handles ordering will get back to you." But both had product from the spring allocation, so I'm hopin'!

Not today, but his past weekend.

Made the Binny's South Loop run as the misses and I went into the city to see my sister for a surprise pop-in and take out for some fun this past Sunday.

Having never been there before, I have to say, it's a very nice store.Could have easily spent more time there but we were on a limit.

My main focus were items that I couldn't normally get ahead me. So I think i ended up with a pretty nice assortment.

x2-Angels Envy

x1-Weller 12yr

x1-ET Lee-Binny's pick

x1-Mellow Corn

x1-High West Rendevous Rye

x1-Forty Creek Double Barrel

x1-Herbsaint 100pf-Definately a touch nicer than the 90pf

x1-Bitter Truth-Jerry Thomas's

x1-Luxardo Cherries.

It was a ball. :grin: Plus some wine for the misses.

My surprise score of the trip was a bottle of Weller SR, white paper label, that I found in a local store by my folks. It was the only one they had. Bummer......

And one for the dusty catalog. When we got into the folks saturday night, I was planning on having a beer before bed, as my dad usually has a couple in the fridge. Sadly, no beer. So, I decided to raid the basement. My folks have never been big spirit drinkers, but they do have a couple of bottle holed away that haven't seen the light of day in decades.

So up comes a bottle of Seagram's VO 6yr Canadian Whiskey. Circa 1984 according to the tax stamp on the neck. I figured this was the safer one to take, I'd probably catch a bit more hell if it was the Crown or Chivas from roughly the same time period.

Light straw colored in the glass. Weak nose, very mellow and light in the mouth. Medium finish. Not what i usually go for, but it was very pleasant after a long day of visiting the BIL and a couple hours on the road after that.

This also got brought home. Not the fanciest pour, but one full of memories.....

B

I think I can still find a 2007 WLW unless Bob took it. The 2008 and 2009's were extremely scarce and was only able to find one of each.

Last thing I picked up a few days ago were an OWA107 in the old bottle and an ORVW10/107.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.