What Bourbon did you purchase today? - Fall 2011

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Headed south to Savannah, paused at Liquor Barn in Lexington:

OGD 114

AAA 10 YO

Weller 12 YO

VOB 100

Headed back north, paused at Party Source in Bellevue, KY:

Fighting Cock

Charter 101

Buffalo Trace

Will be headed south again at the end of the year. By then, Party Source expects to be restocked with their private barrel selections. Happy New Year!:grin:

Went to party source this morning with hopes of maybe getting a bottle of the BTAC. Got there at 8:10 and they were already sold out. Apparently that little blurb they said about a 2 bottle max and trying to get this stuff to "as many bourbon fans as possible" was pure b.s., as I saw several people wandering around the store with cases of the stuff (not that I got there in time to get any anyway, but still...). All I came away with was a bottle of weller 12.

Evan Williams Single Barrel 86.6 proof. Barreled on 11-10-99. Barrel No 403. Bottled on 6-1-09.

This is my first bottle of Evan Williams and you can see that I have already "popped the cherry". I normally drink Bulleitt but wanted to try something new. I like it.

1 x IW Harper 15 BHC

2 x Benchmark SB

Thanks for pointing me towards these, Bob!

No problem Jack...glad you were able to get them!

I was able to get a BHC OCPR SS and a ETL 107 from that same location! ;)

Decided to try Wild Turkey Rare Breed.

Also picked up Colonel E.H. Taylor sour mash and the awesomeness of the Willet Single barrel reserve 1.75L bottle suckered me in.

Last week was Single Oak Barrel #4 and some Eagle rare for regular drinking.

Picked up a bottle of ER10 today. Headed to Binny's in Buffalo Grove tomorrow and will definitely pick something up (maybe a few somethings depending on price) - any suggestions?

A couple of VG Foxes, and an Old Carter 12. Tasting the OC now, and it is quite good. Big sweetness up front, but the 12 years of influence in the barrel tones it down nicely at the end.

Bonded Rittenhouse (the regular issue), distilled at B-F per the rear label.

This bottle is particularly good. The last one was coarse in texture, spirity (but still good). This one is smooth as glass despite 100 points of proof. Perilously drinkable, to borrow a term from the late drinks writer Michael Jackson.

Gary

I now have a bottle of Parker's Heritage cognac barrel finished bourbon, looking forward to tasting this one. A bottle of Bowman barrel strength rye, Lot 01-C-14, barrel no. 2, 134.6 proof, distilled 3-14-01 and bottled 5-12-11. Lastly, a bottle of BT bourbon cream liqueur, never tried it and with the holidays on the way seemed like a good bottle to have around.

I picked up a bottle of Very Special Old Fitz 12. I've never had it before, looking forward to giving it a try.

Picked up a bottle of ER10 today. Headed to Binny's in Buffalo Grove tomorrow and will definitely pick something up (maybe a few somethings depending on price) - any suggestions?

I was just at that store the other day. Other than a few bottles that I've not seen in other Binny's (one I bought, one I felt was over-priced), their selection of whiskey was pretty thin. If you can, drive a few further miles east to Highland Park - much better selection. As for Buff Grove, get one of the FRSB they have in the case. I'd recommend OBSQ if they have it.

The one I got was Vintage 21 bourbon. From what I've gathered, the 17 was the best of the three, but I've tasted the newer Vintage 17 and did not care for it. As far as I know there's no newer Vintage 21 release. I'm a big fan of the Vintage 23 rye, so we shall see!

I picked up a bottle of WT Rye today, because my open bottle that gets used for Old Fashioneds is almost empty. Sure, I still have a few in the bunker but what the hell, this stuff is cheap!

Picked up Old Van Winkle 23 today in the special bottle with the glasses and beautiful wood box. Now to not drink it.

Best regards, tony

Picked up Old Van Winkle 23 today in the special bottle with the glasses and beautiful wood box. Now to not drink it.

Best regards, tony

Well done, Tony. I was wondering if you'd end up pulling the trigger on this one!

I liked my first bottle of Angel's Envy so much (recently emptied), I just bought it's replacement.

Best regards, tony

That's what I meant. Old Rip Distillery...same ole, mainly pointing out that it was called a decanter set. Sheesh.

I was just at that store the other day. Other than a few bottles that I've not seen in other Binny's (one I bought, one I felt was over-priced), their selection of whiskey was pretty thin. If you can, drive a few further miles east to Highland Park - much better selection. As for Buff Grove, get one of the FRSB they have in the case. I'd recommend OBSQ if they have it.

I didn't make it until today, but picked up a bottle of FRSB (can't remember which one at the moment) and a bottle of ETL SB as well. Debated a bottle of Stagg that they had, but decided to pass - may be kicking myself later, but as usual, funds are limited.

Rumor is they'll have Weller next week & Van Winkle mid November, so I'll be back again soon...

Weller '11, a K&L Dailuaine, and a couple Russian River beers. (Consecration and Damnation).

How is the EH Single Barrel? I have not seen it anywhere. I really dig the Sour Mash release.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.