What Bourbon did you purchase today? - Fall 2011

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I picked up a 2011 PHC and 2011 OFBB yesterday. I also ran across three bottles of Hirsch 16 Year Old. If you're willing to pay the $195 a bottle the guy wants send me a PM and I'll let you know where to look.

I picked up a 2011 PHC and 2011 OFBB yesterday. I also ran across three bottles of Hirsch 16 Year Old. If you're willing to pay the $195 a bottle the guy wants send me a PM and I'll let you know where to look.

Have you tried either of these yet? I always look forward to the Birthday Bourbons and I have been really curious to hear about the PHC.

Stopped by the local store after hitting the gym, tonight, and they had the 2011 Buffalo Trace Antique Collection in stock. I picked up these bottles.

3x George T. Stagg

2x William Larue Weller

2x Sazerac 18

1x Eagle Rare 17

1x Thomas Handy Sazerac

1x Parker's Heritage Collection 2011 (the Cognac barrel-aged one)

Have you tried either of these yet? I always look forward to the Birthday Bourbons and I have been really curious to hear about the PHC.

Not yet. I've been fighting a head cold all week. Being sick is about the only time I'm not in the mood for whiskey.

Went to party source this morning with hopes of maybe getting a bottle of the BTAC. Got there at 8:10 and they were already sold out. Apparently that little blurb they said about a 2 bottle max and trying to get this stuff to "as many bourbon fans as possible" was pure b.s., as I saw several people wandering around the store with cases of the stuff (not that I got there in time to get any anyway, but still...). All I came away with was a bottle of weller 12.

2011 PHC. Looking forward to sipping some tonight.

Let me know what you think...I haven't picked up the 2011 bottle yet.

Went to party source this morning with hopes of maybe getting a bottle of the BTAC. Got there at 8:10 and they were already sold out. Apparently that little blurb they said about a 2 bottle max and trying to get this stuff to "as many bourbon fans as possible" was pure b.s., as I saw several people wandering around the store with cases of the stuff (not that I got there in time to get any anyway, but still...). All I came away with was a bottle of weller 12.

The "cases" you saw were the empty boxes... A lot of folks were asking for them for the info sheets inside (and to carry their two bottle allotment). I was close enough to the front of the line to see that no one got more than one or two bottles.

The "cases" you saw were the empty boxes... A lot of folks were asking for them for the info sheets inside (and to carry their two bottle allotment). I was close enough to the front of the line to see that no one got more than one or two bottles.

Thank you for the clarification there.

Have 2 2011 Stagg and 3 Weller held for me and getting picked up today...won't get to try them for a couple months though. :(

Let me know what you think...I haven't picked up the 2011 bottle yet.

If you need to "try before you buy" feel free to stop by for a glass or three. :grin:

If you need to "try before you buy" feel free to stop by for a glass or three. :grin:

Well, that little invite just cost you the rest of the bottle...:D.

Visiting Dallas and picked up a bottle of Angel's Envy and a bottle of W. L. Weller 12 year . Neither sold in SC.

Since I struck out on the BTAC again I consoled myself by ordering 1-PHC 2011 and 1-Four Roses Limited 2011. It should be here Friday.

Picked up a Liter and two 200mls of EWB 7yr/86pr, 750 of Virgina Gentleman "the fox", 750 ND OT 6/86, and a 375 of Old Heaven Hill BIB. A good days work. :)

Picked up a pint of Devil's Cut. Not my bag... looking for a bottle of OFBB 2010 & 2011 and need to re-stock on some ER17.

Picked up an ORVW 10/107 today - hidden behind some boxes at my local store. I went there to get some O'Douls for the wife, a simple task, and I walked out having to make yet another excuse for buying more whiskey :)

IMG_4333.JPG

Just got home from a 16 nice days in SouthWest USA. I am glad I had some helpers carry these gems home:

Sample of Old Grand Dad, 80's bottling

Four Roses single cask mini

8yo Bowmore Battlehill sample

25yo Rittenhouse

IW Harper 15yo, 90's bottling

Sazerac 18 and GT Stagg both 2010

Kirkland 7yo Bourbon

PlowedRiach

Scott's 1977-2003 Ardmore

12yo, 21yo and Double Rye from High West

A bottle of Zaca Mesa Z Three Santa Ynez Valley Californian red wine

Picked up a BT single oak #35. It's no secret that I'm a fan of wheaters, can't wait to compare to my #189.

Bought a bottle of Blantons today.

The first one Ive been able to get here in about 3 years. It was always my favourite, but , damn, its expensive.

I was able to pick up an OFBB '10 or '11, not sure which, but it says bottled in 2010, and an Old Forester Prohibition Repeal set. Not sure if I'm gonna pop the top on the set. ever.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.